2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

Miha_v wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 11:52
max_speed wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 10:18
F1 is tough business. Drivers/Team everyone is selfish and working for a purpose. You have to be selfish to survive here and increase probability of being successful. Survival of fittest does apply here. Alpine management under estimated. Rossi is new to F1 business but what szufaner did ? He is seasoned Team principal and should have pushed Team to make moves fast unless Rossi does not listen to anybody and call all shots , as hinted by people who left. Complete management created disaster.
Well written, I agree.

If Piastri goes to Mclaren and prolongs his contract beyond 2023, they have just lost a top class driver for nothing. Bad managment based on too many assumptions.
It's a lawyer thing now. Alpine think they have him under control Piastri doesn't agree.

Andres125sx

Neuron wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:44
Andres125sx wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:31
Neuron wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 20:15
Hard to imagine the rest of races for Alonso in the team... toxic as always with Alo O_O

That's your hope, so you can justify your own hate, right? :roll:

Even McLaren signed him again after 2007, any other team praise Alonso behaviour unquestionably

But haters gonna hate
Why do you call my hater? I've just pointed that this is another Alonso's toxic move against his team in his career. At least it seems like. Nothing more.

I'll reply your question with another question... Why do you describe Alonso move to another team as toxic?

Did you say the same with Lewis move from McLaren to Mercedes? Or when Vettel moved from RBR?

Drivers are drivers, nothing wrong with moving to different teams if they want, same as any other employee moving to a different company, contracts are agreements from both parts, once one of the parts is not happy with the agreement the contract is finished, as always, nothing wrong with that

Andres125sx

ringo wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:58
They need to ask themselvea why Alonso has driven for almost as many teams as there are on the grid.
You reply yourself on the very same post

ringo wrote:
His last championship was almost 20 years ago.
Few drivers have been in F1 for so long :wink:

Maybe you should ask yourself why all those teams signed him... Renault (twice), McLaren (twice despite some of you assumed that was impossible), Ferrari... Not small teams exactly... Why do you think those big teams signed him?

max_speed
max_speed

Andres125sx wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 13:20
ringo wrote:
They need to ask themselvea why Alonso has driven for almost as many teams as there are on the grid.

ringo wrote:

Maybe you should ask yourself why all those teams signed him... Renault (twice), McLaren (twice despite some of you assumed that was impossible), Ferrari... Not small teams exactly... Why do you think those big teams signed him?
Because they hate him and want to give him shitty cars and make sure he never wins another championship and ridicule him in front of f1 fans for 20 years so that f1 can be entertaining.yes he has made f1 entertaining look at current saga with Alpine. 😊😊😊😊

diffuser

SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 04:33
diffuser wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 04:18
SmallSoldier wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 16:59

Are we only considering the points at the end of the season to determine whether a rookie “struggled” in his first season? That’s valid, although a myopic way of analyzing their performance over a season… Even though Lando did in fact achieved half the points as Sainz, Lando’s average finishing position in 2019 was 7.82 while Carlos’ was 9.41 or when DNF’s happened (in a car that has its performance swing from race to race, if you DNF in a race where the car had pace instead of one where it struggled, it will have a major impact on the points).

I don’t think Lando struggled in his maiden season in F1, for a Rookie it was a solid season and showed a lot of speed, been dead even in terms of qualifying with 10 races each been ahead of the other.
He struggled compared to Lando today. My point was, even if this guy is the next Lando it took Lando a couple of years to be the driver he is today. Plus Lando had this great supportive relationship with Sainz, not sure it will be the same with Ocon.
Well… Hamilton after 4 season was also different, Max is still growing as a driver (this may be his best season ever in terms of driving / maturity)… It is undeniable that every driver will grow with Experience / Mileage / Maturity.

I will agree that Ocon may not be as supportive as Carlos, but have a feeling that Lando could play Carlos role for Oscar.
That is what I'm saying. It's not a knock against Lando. Just using him as an example.

1 - No matter how good Piastri will be, he may suck next year.
2 - F1 is littered with promising drivers that never pan out.

PinkFloydPulse

max_speed wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 13:34
Andres125sx wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 13:20
ringo wrote:

ringo wrote:

Because they hate him and want to give him shitty cars and make sure he never wins another championship and ridicule him in front of f1 fans for 20 years so that f1 can be entertaining.yes he has made f1 entertaining look at current saga with Alpine. 😊😊😊😊
Is this sarcasm? I honestly cannot tell… 😂
Team Fernando!

UlleGulle
UlleGulle

I have an ominous feeling about all of this. Suddenly, nobody seems to care about their long term relationships with Alpine.

Alonso blind sided them, Piastri could have been much more diplomatic, Webber seems aggressive, and if the rumours about Mclaren is true, you can add Zak Brown to the list.

It's like there is no tomorrow with all these people. This makes me suspect that all those people know that for Alpine/Renault, there isn't one.

In October, the new engine regulations will be set. Allthough the next generation engines will be less expensive, they will not be cheap. Can a brand that sells less than 3000 cars really do that investment?

Jolle
Jolle

UlleGulle wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 14:28
I have an ominous feeling about all of this. Suddenly, nobody seems to care about their long term relationships with Alpine.

Alonso blind sided them, Piastri could have been much more diplomatic, Webber seems aggressive, and if the rumours about Mclaren is true, you can add Zak Brown to the list.

It's like there is no tomorrow with all these people. This makes me suspect that all those people know that for Alpine/Renault, there isn't one.

In October, the new engine regulations will be set. Allthough the next generation engines will be less expensive, they will not be cheap. Can a brand that sells less than 3000 cars really do that investment?
If is was solely Alpine, no.. but it’s Renault. So yeah, they can. If they will, that is the coming question of course. They envisioned a path like Mercedes took in 2010, but ended up like Toyota.

ringo

Piastri is unprofessional.
Alpine cannot lose in all of this.
The driver stands more to lose.
Driver's are dime a dozen. They could even get Ganyu Zhou and a bag of money.
Alpine really doesnt lose. They have a good car and a good team.

Piastri has shown he has no loyalty. So all teams will be aware of this behavior.
For Sure!!

ME4ME

ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 14:38

Piastri has shown he has no loyalty. So all teams will be aware of this behavior.
Disagree with basically all of the above. I really don't understand how you can come to these conclusions. :?

diffuser

UlleGulle wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 14:28

All Depends on who is paying for the PU. Technically all Apline needs to pay Renault is the 7 Million Max Charge for a PU that F1 has suggested and the rest is paid for by Renault being that it's thier name on the PU.

Budget wise they'll get about 80-Million from F1 for Finishing 4th and 73 if they finish 5th. The Oracle Red Bull deal is worth $50M per year. So the BWT sponcership with Alpine should probably be worth close to the same amount because Alpine would charge less but BWT is getting more space on the Alpine car. So just from that they already have 120-130M towards next years budget.

Jolle
Jolle

ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 14:38

We don't know the in's and out's through the paddock. it is of course quite possible a lot of other team principles will pat him on the back like "well done, good choice". But, Alonso and Webber are on the management side of course the odd ones a bit, both ex-Briattore drivers and loyal to no-one but him. Webber even publicly stated back when crash gate came out he didn't want to race if Briattore would be declared persona non grata in F1.
And who knows... maybe Flavio is battling out some old heartache over the backs of Fernando and Oscar

Andres125sx

Amazing comments in this thread...

Alpine can't convince Piastri to sign a new contract.... Even so announce publicly they did :wtf: which is lying to everybody and extremely irrespectful with Piastri, so Piastri is forced to clarify that statement is false by any means... And people say Piastri is unprofessional

And some even said it's Alonso responsibility :shock: #-o

Alpine is proving some serious arrogance, lack of respect, and lack of professionalism with all parts, including us fans. Lying can't be the solution for anything

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 15:01
Amazing comments in this thread...

Alpine can't convince Piastri to sign a new contract.... Even so announce publicly they did :wtf: which is lying to everybody and extremely irrespectful with Piastri, so Piastri is forced to clarify that statement is false by any means... And people say Piastri is unprofessional

And some even said it's Alonso responsibility :shock: #-o

Alpine is proving some serious arrogance, lack of respect, and lack of professionalism with all parts, including us fans. Lying can't be the solution for anything
No.

The way I see it. Alpine think they already have a contract option with Piastri for 2023 and beyond that was signed several years ago. They have decided to exercise that option. Piastsri saying he hasn't signed anything new with Alpine is true but doesn't mean much if the option Alpine are exercising is valid.

I'd be very surprised that Alpine lawyers screwed up the contract and there is an out option. All we know is that everyone was saying that they needed to place him somewhere for next year to retain his rights. Placing him in Alpine falls into that. Like I said before, only the lawyers will figure it out.

At the end of the day all these issues come from a tight budget at Alpine. I'm sure they resisted the multi year deal to Alonso cause they don't have the 20 Million to throw way if Alonso's skills evaporate in 2 years time. You can blame Management if you want but they're just trying to prevent wasting money.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

diffuser wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 14:18
SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 04:33
diffuser wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 04:18

He struggled compared to Lando today. My point was, even if this guy is the next Lando it took Lando a couple of years to be the driver he is today. Plus Lando had this great supportive relationship with Sainz, not sure it will be the same with Ocon.
Well… Hamilton after 4 season was also different, Max is still growing as a driver (this may be his best season ever in terms of driving / maturity)… It is undeniable that every driver will grow with Experience / Mileage / Maturity.

I will agree that Ocon may not be as supportive as Carlos, but have a feeling that Lando could play Carlos role for Oscar.
That is what I'm saying. It's not a knock against Lando. Just using him as an example.

1 - No matter how good Piastri will be, he may suck next year.
2 - F1 is littered with promising drivers that never pan out.
I understand what you mean now… And you are right, Piastri could be someone that ends up disappointing in F1, but I would put Lando in the same group as the likes of Lewis, Max, Carlos, Charles, George that didn’t disappoint coming into F1 instead of the Mick’s, Yuki’s, Hartley’s, Pascal’s, Vandoorne’s group :)