2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Re: 2022 Uralkali | Haas F1 Team

It looks like the bare minimum of unveiling anything. The good bits are actually pretty well hidden in these renders.
"Power is only given to those who lower themselves to pick it up" - Ragnar Lothbrok

Partymood
Partymood

The technical director of the team is Simone Resta, ex-Ferrari, since 2021

AeroDynamic

Partymood wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 12:00
The technical director of the team is Simone Resta, ex-Ferrari, since 2021
I can't keep the thread up to date the way I would've liked. I mistakenly assumed there was no fixed window of time that you can edit a post, as I'm used to in other foruma

stefan_
stefan_

Interesting to see how the current situation in Ukraine will impact the team, which is relying on the money pumped in by Uralkali. They will certainly get affected by further sanctions one way or another. Not to mention that an American team supported by Russian money and driving around in a giant Russian flag is not a very pleasant sight. I don't know how did they get there in the first place.

There is a shitstorm on Twitter claiming that Haas dropped the Uralkali name from their title, but I don't think it was there in the first place.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Haas has confirmed that they will drop Uralkali branding from the car… With a full white car for the foreseeable future

Macklaren
Macklaren

SmallSoldier wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 20:40
Haas has confirmed that they will drop Uralkali branding from the car… With a full white car for the foreseeable future
source?
(nvm autosport reporting now as well)

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

DiogoBrand

I hope Haas can be okay if they end up without their big sponsor.

Edit:
To be honest they've been really unfortunate with sponsors. First the biggest energy drinks brand that I've never seen a can of in my life. Now a company from a country that decides to start a war. :|

wogx

Nikita said something today :?: :?: :?:
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

JPower
JPower

wogx wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 23:57
Nikita said something today :?: :?: :?:
https://www.wykop.pl/cdn/c3201142/comme ... nug3Yh.jpg
No, dumbass Clarkson is responding to a quote he made before the invasion. They didn't let Mazepin or Steiner talk to the press today.

PlatinumZealot

The Mazepins will likely still support but instead of russian colours they might run their green and red logo.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

DiogoBrand wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 23:03

Edit:
To be honest they've been really unfortunate with sponsors. First the biggest energy drinks brand that I've never seen a can of in my life. Now a company from a country that decides to start a war. :|
This is a nice opportunity for Andretti Global to move in and partner Haas or buy the team alltogether.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Jolle
Jolle

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 01:09
DiogoBrand wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 23:03

Edit:
This is a nice opportunity for Andretti Global to move in and partner Haas or buy the team alltogether.
Depends what you’re after. For a team, HAAS is pretty empty without a real factory. Their real only asset is their license

adrianjordan

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 01:07
The Mazepins will likely still support but instead of russian colours they might run their green and red logo.
Not if their overseas assets are frozen.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

MrGapes

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 01:07
I don't know, we'll see, with Dmitry Mazepin being a Belarusian-Russian oligarch, it's hard to see him not be affected heavily by sanctions as Uralchem has strong backing from the Russian government. I'm sure this would have some sort of effect on how the team is funded, whether its financial pressure or even political pressure.