2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
continuum16

Re: 2022 Haas F1 Team

And I am not shocked...

I'm going to assume this will include new sidepod inlets with a slight undercut, a revised floor with new entrance shape and/or strakes and revised edge wing (maybe even a skate?), a new lower-DF rear wing (although Hungary is not necessarily the best for it, so maybe not until Spa), a tea tray wing/vane, and those classic concave sidepods. I don't know how much of a copy it will be; are we talking VF-18 to SF-70H (similar concept but with notable differences) or are we looking at RP20-W10 pt.2 (verbatim copy)? I'd lean towards the former.

We should take bets on which team complains first; McLaren, Alpine, or someone else, because we already know where this is headed. All I can say is that AM better keep their trap shut.

Both AM and Williams did not significantly increase performance at the first race of the new upgrade. Wouldn't be shocked to see the same if it is as completely different as, say, the Williams at Silverstone.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

JPower
JPower

continuum16 wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 20:51
And I am not shocked...

I'm going to assume this will include new sidepod inlets with a slight undercut, a revised floor with new entrance shape and/or strakes and revised edge wing (maybe even a skate?), a new lower-DF rear wing (although Hungary is not necessarily the best for it, so maybe not until Spa), a tea tray wing/vane, and those classic concave sidepods. I don't know how much of a copy it will be; are we talking VF-18 to SF-70H (similar concept but with notable differences) or are we looking at RP20-W10 pt.2 (verbatim copy)? I'd lean towards the former.

We should take bets on which team complains first; McLaren, Alpine, or someone else, because we already know where this is headed. All I can say is that AM better keep their trap shut.

Both AM and Williams did not significantly increase performance at the first race of the new upgrade. Wouldn't be shocked to see the same if it is as completely different as, say, the Williams at Silverstone.
Both. They were very critical of Haas at the beginning of the season but quieted down during Haas' low point. If they are fighting high in the midfield, I can see all sorts of complaints.

bagajohny
bagajohny

chrisc90

The white Ferrari?

wogx

EDIT:

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

That's all a load of nonsense from Saward. Mick Schumacher is FDA driver and Haas is operating out of a basement in Maranello. Schumacher will be in the Haas next season.

JPower
JPower

Steiner says this was at Ferrari's request.

I'll be honest, I don't think Gio will be at Haas next year but I don't think Mick will be either...

Big Tea

Could it be Ferrari (or someone else) want to make a comparison with these two drivers?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

organic

Big Tea wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 16:42
Could it be Ferrari (or someone else) want to make a comparison with these two drivers?
Steiner:

"Ferrari were keen to give Antonio some seat time in a current-spec Formula One car on a race weekend and we were naturally happy to assist. We enjoyed a similar situation back in 2017 with Antonio and Ferrari -- the clear difference between then and now is the experience he'll have gained competing for the previous three seasons in Formula One and the feedback he'll be able to give us in Italy and America."

Source: ESPN F1

continuum16

No offense to Gio, but I don’t really see the point of this. You can take him for 2023 but what does he bring that Mick does not? Surely not sponsors, and not a history of bagging points finishes either. And he loves a good carbon fiber crunch to boot. Seems bizarre.

I’d keep Mick or get Zhou for the extra $$ if Alfa wants Pourchaire. He seems to do a serviceable job, if nothing extraordinary.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

JPower
JPower

continuum16 wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 20:32
No offense to Gio, but I don’t really see the point of this. You can take him for 2023 but what does he bring that Mick does not? Surely not sponsors, and not a history of bagging points finishes either. And he loves a good carbon fiber crunch to boot. Seems bizarre.

I’d keep Mick or get Zhou for the extra $$ if Alfa wants Pourchaire. He seems to do a serviceable job, if nothing extraordinary.
Enough qualifying speed to stay close to KMag and good feedback.

Other than that, I think Steiner just hasn't been a fan of Mick after that run of crashes. They seem to be in no rush to talk to Schumacher and are probably talking to other drivers.

EDIT: ESPN said Steiner called Ricciardo during the Hungary weekend. So yeah, looks like they're looking around.

continuum16

I would be very surprised to see Ricciardo show interest in Haas, unless he knows something we don't. Also, I'm not really sure how the team would be able to afford him, given they are already on a tight budget. Obviously he's not going to be offered McLaren $$ but even then it might be too much. If their interest is serious, they must have one of two things:

- Gene Haas has opened the taps (unlikely but technically possible)
- They have some big sponsorship announcements lined up (they said they have some but I doubt this scale)

It's possible that with the requisite funding the team could probably build a car as fast as the McLaren or Alpine is now (like in 2018) and actually develop it. They won't stray too far from the F1-75, after all...
- Mark Twain

tpe
tpe

continuum16 wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 20:32

There is airways the possibility Ferrari needs his feeling from a real F1 car for comparisons, or the simulator, or whatever. In any case, at least to me, it's clear that Mick is out

ScottR267
ScottR267

Zynerji

Plot twist: Mick to Mercedes to replace a retiring Hamilton. 😏