2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Re: 2022 Uralkali | Haas F1 Team

bdr529 wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 16:13
PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 03:03
RZS10 wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 21:57

Yep ... https://www.haasf1team.com/partners/uralkali-0 "access denied" ... they've dropped the name everywhere.
Sounds like a strict order from the Whitehouse. Haas seemed to move well before Liberty and FIA did...?
I doubt the Whitehouse has a clue there's an American F1 team, let alone one sponsored by a Russian company
perhaps Hass felt it best for his business, and the other team sponsors to remove the Uralkali logo's
Well considering Gene Haas has spent time in jail for tax fraud, I think the US Government is well aware of what he is doing. :wink:

wesley123
wesley123

Peter Ian Staker wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 19:23
wesley123 wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 18:25
F1doc wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 17:53
Their poor performance at Barcelona doesn't bode well in attracting replacement partner(s).
Considering how every other team runs out of space to put logos of crypto-funds, "blockchain tech" etc. on their car, some sponsorship shouldn't be that hard to find?
I would be really wary of any crypto sponsorship if I was a team that got swindled by a title sponsor not long ago.
I definitely don't disagree on that. However, these markets have possibly seen the highest gains since the pandemic, so there is more than enough money in it.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

adrianjordan

Hoffman900 wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 20:50
bdr529 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Sounds like a strict order from the Whitehouse. Haas seemed to move well before Liberty and FIA did...?
I doubt the Whitehouse has a clue there's an American F1 team, let alone one sponsored by a Russian company
perhaps Hass felt it best for his business, and the other team sponsors to remove the Uralkali logo's
Well considering Gene Haas has spent time in jail for tax fraud, I think the US Government is well aware of what he is doing. :wink:
The US Government maybe, the Whitehouse though, not a chance unless someone there is an F1 fan!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

adrianjordan wrote:
27 Feb 2022, 00:39
Hoffman900 wrote:
bdr529 wrote:

The US Government maybe, the Whitehouse though, not a chance unless someone there is an F1 fan!!
The State Department works with the IRS on who knows / sources of funding for what. The White House doesn’t need to know. Not sure why this is a debate.

diffuser

Hoffman900 wrote:
bdr529 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Rofl!

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

With the story about Andretti wanting to join F1 with a new team. Any reason why not to takeover Haas? I mean they are losing their big sponsor and Gene has not been happy about the performance of the last years.

Peter Ian Staker
Peter Ian Staker

NL_Fer wrote:
27 Feb 2022, 10:53
With the story about Andretti wanting to join F1 with a new team. Any reason why not to takeover Haas? I mean they are losing their big sponsor and Gene has not been happy about the performance of the last years.
Michael has said he has been trying to buy Haas for two years but has been unsuccessful. If they couldn't buy it two years ago I don't think they would be able to buy it now.
It sounds like Haas is in a much better place than they were two years ago despite the Uralkali setback.
Reports make it sound like they brought the Mazepins onboard to weather the covid storm but can afford to get rid of them now that things are looking up.

Wouter

NL_Fer wrote:
https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... bf34e5fa20

However, Andretti said he’d prefer to purchase a current team than to start one from scratch and said he has reached out to Haas owner Gene Haas “millions of times” to try to purchase that team.
Although Haas is American and his NASCAR shop is in North Carolina, he’s not had an American driver since joining F1 in 2016.

Following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Haas on Friday removed the logos of its Russian sponsor from its cars during F1′s preseason test in Spain while team principal Guenther Steiner said he was not sure if Russian driver Nikita Mazepin will be able to compete this season.

Steiner also said there had been no recent contact from either Michael or Mario Andretti.

Michael Andretti said if Haas would sell to him, Andretti Global could be on the F1 grid next season.

“He doesn’t want to sell. If he wants to sell, tell him to call me. That makes it a lot easier for us,” Andretti said. “The last conversation I had with him was probably around October or November.
He told me he didn’t care if he’s running in the back, says it works for him anyway.
:roll:
The Power of Dreams!

bucker
bucker

Uralkali is under cyber attack from Anonymous. They plan to reveal dirty secrets. I think that Mazepin name is out od F1.

Jolle
Jolle

Wouter wrote:
27 Feb 2022, 13:56
NL_Fer wrote:
https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... bf34e5fa20

However, Andretti said he’d prefer to purchase a current team than to start one from scratch and said he has reached out to Haas owner Gene Haas “millions of times” to try to purchase that team.
Although Haas is American and his NASCAR shop is in North Carolina, he’s not had an American driver since joining F1 in 2016.

Following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Haas on Friday removed the logos of its Russian sponsor from its cars during F1′s preseason test in Spain while team principal Guenther Steiner said he was not sure if Russian driver Nikita Mazepin will be able to compete this season.

Steiner also said there had been no recent contact from either Michael or Mario Andretti.

Michael Andretti said if Haas would sell to him, Andretti Global could be on the F1 grid next season.

“He doesn’t want to sell. If he wants to sell, tell him to call me. That makes it a lot easier for us,” Andretti said. “The last conversation I had with him was probably around October or November.
He told me he didn’t care if he’s running in the back, says it works for him anyway.
:roll:
HAAS their biggest and almost only asset is their licence. They don’t have a factory or big design team. So their value is about 200 million dollars plus some change. It would need large additional long term investments to make it a proper F1 team.

Cuky

Some time last season Haas started working from their Maranello factory. They even did a tour of it on social media with Simone Resta

Jolle
Jolle

So. The pressure is on.

The IOC statement came on a day when the Ukrainian automotive association urged the FIA to ban all Russian drivers and teams from competing under its banner, including the F1 driver Nikita Mazepin.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... -fifa-uefa

wogx

Huge news:

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Oof. Will be interesting tonsee if any other countries now follow suit.

AeroDynamic

I don't agree with banning drivers because they are Russian.