All kinds of news about F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
MrMuffins
MrMuffins
3
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:50 am

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/m ... 851237001/

Further information in the linked article:
-the team would have new factory in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA and a home base in the UK

-a power unit deal is already in place

User avatar
Wouter
88
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Image
The Power of Honda!

User avatar
Wouter
88
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Image
The Power of Honda!

User avatar
hUirEYExbN
3
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Like everything FIA they make inconsistent decisions, at least this time it seems to be the right one.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
541
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Aaannnddd another thread falls down the rabbit hole of politics...here comes a mod to enforce the rules :lol:
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

User avatar
Stu
Moderator
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:31 pm
Aaannnddd another thread falls down the rabbit hole of politics...here comes a mod to enforce the rules :lol:
Aaaaaannnnndddddd, here I am!!

That is around one whole page gone!

Just a reminder, the thread is “all kinds of F1 news”, on the F1 Technical Forum. It is NOT choose your geopolitical enemy and argue you point.
If you want that kind of conversation you will find lots in the Abu Dhabi thread…. 😉

Please stay on topic.
The more that I learn, the more I appreciate how much more there is to know….

User avatar
adrianjordan
24
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
Location: West Yorkshire, England

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Stu wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:11 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:31 pm
Aaannnddd another thread falls down the rabbit hole of politics...here comes a mod to enforce the rules :lol:
Aaaaaannnnndddddd, here I am!!

That is around one whole page gone!

Just a reminder, the thread is “all kinds of F1 news”, on the F1 Technical Forum. It is NOT choose your geopolitical enemy and argue you point.
If you want that kind of conversation you will find lots in the Abu Dhabi thread…. 😉

Please stay on topic.
Perhaps it's worth reopening the thread about the cancellation of the Russian GP to give that discussion an outlet...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

User avatar
Ryar
6
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:28 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Why has FIA decided to let Russian drivers drive under FIA flag? Decisions like this lack basic common sense. Putin and his administration didn't create the flag. All of People of Russia aren't supporting the war. Russian athletes and most common people are as good human beings as anyone else, anywhere else in the world. Just because they have an administration that unilaterally decided to invade another country, shouldn't mean the people of Russia lose their human value and the pride to have their flag. I am surprised why no Russian driver in FIA competitions has raised voice for this.
Hakuna Matata!

marvin78
marvin78
4
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:33 am

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

By your logic wars should only be fought by the leaders in a closed shed.

I would like that but that unfortunately is not the way it is.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
541
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Ryar wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:12 am
Why has FIA decided to let Russian drivers drive under FIA flag? Decisions like this lack basic common sense. Putin and his administration didn't create the flag. All of People of Russia aren't supporting the war. Russian athletes and most common people are as good human beings as anyone else, anywhere else in the world. Just because they have an administration that unilaterally decided to invade another country, shouldn't mean the people of Russia lose their human value and the pride to have their flag. I am surprised why no Russian driver in FIA competitions has raised voice for this.
It's about applying vicarious pressure on the leaders. Same as freezing the bank accounts and assets of those around the leader.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

User avatar
Ryar
6
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:28 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:56 am
Ryar wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:12 am
Why has FIA decided to let Russian drivers drive under FIA flag? Decisions like this lack basic common sense. Putin and his administration didn't create the flag. All of People of Russia aren't supporting the war. Russian athletes and most common people are as good human beings as anyone else, anywhere else in the world. Just because they have an administration that unilaterally decided to invade another country, shouldn't mean the people of Russia lose their human value and the pride to have their flag. I am surprised why no Russian driver in FIA competitions has raised voice for this.
It's about applying vicarious pressure on the leaders. Same as freezing the bank accounts and assets of those around the leader.
We would be naive to think it works, as if history hasn't taught us anything or that, these politicians haven't already baked into their calculations, such a naive thing being used as some sort of holy technique from the world around to deter them. Reality is, for all their actions, innocent people who have nothing to do in such maniac decisions have to pay and despite knowing this, groups like FIA behaves like idiots with zero objectivity. The fact is, a national flag is not a symbol of an individual or a group/party like that of nazi symbols that can be boycotted. It represents the blood, sweat, hardwork, love and patriotism of generations of people.
Hakuna Matata!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
541
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Ryar wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:10 am
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:56 am
Ryar wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:12 am
Why has FIA decided to let Russian drivers drive under FIA flag? Decisions like this lack basic common sense. Putin and his administration didn't create the flag. All of People of Russia aren't supporting the war. Russian athletes and most common people are as good human beings as anyone else, anywhere else in the world. Just because they have an administration that unilaterally decided to invade another country, shouldn't mean the people of Russia lose their human value and the pride to have their flag. I am surprised why no Russian driver in FIA competitions has raised voice for this.
It's about applying vicarious pressure on the leaders. Same as freezing the bank accounts and assets of those around the leader.
We would be naive to think it works, as if history hasn't taught us anything or that, these politicians haven't already baked into their calculations, such a naive thing being used as some sort of holy technique from the world around to deter them. Reality is, for all their actions, innocent people who have nothing to do in such maniac decisions have to pay and despite knowing this, groups like FIA behaves like idiots with zero objectivity. The fact is, a national flag is not a symbol of an individual or a group/party like that of nazi symbols that can be boycotted. It represents the blood, sweat, hardwork, love and patriotism of generations of people.
It's worth remembering that a lot of these actions are also aimed at the electorate of the "nice" countries. Being seen to be doing things (even if they aren't going to have any meaningful effect) is much more important than being seen to be doing nothing. They're also aimed at the people of other countries - don't let your leaders be nasty like this chap or you will suffer too.

It's all multi-layered stuff and shouldn't be taken at face value.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

morefirejules08
morefirejules08
2
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Anyway, is there any news about the proposed weight increase of the 2022 cars?

User avatar
Wouter
88
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

The Power of Honda!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
541
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

Post

Wouter wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:10 pm
Let's hope they pick somewhere decent as a replacement, assuming they want to have as many races in the season in future.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"