Scuderia AlphaTauri AT03 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
f1rules
f1rules

Re: McLaren MCL36

Agree! Will be interesting, follow up… do we want it to be the same? :-)
For me, yes, it would be kind of a validation if rb chose the same route, since their chassis has been outstanding for years, now if one fully believe in mclarens own capabilities, i quess it would be nice if it was not the same, but then we would have to hope/believe mclaren outsmarted the others, and i dont have that trust yet, but please let me be wrong :-)

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

f1rules wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 11:19
Agree! Will be interesting, follow up… do we want it to be the same? :-)
For me, yes, it would be kind of a validation if rb chose the same route, since their chassis has been outstanding for years, now if one fully believe in mclarens own capabilities, i quess it would be nice if it was not the same, but then we would have to hope/believe mclaren outsmarted the others, and i dont have that trust yet, but please let me be wrong :-)
Yes, I'd prefer if one of the big ones followed the same direction. Red Bull seems like a possibility while Mercedes kept their pull rod at the rear.

nzjrs

Re: Scuderia AlphaTauri AT03 Speculation Thread

Wouter wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 10:32
Probably this new HRC logo will be on the car. 12:00h CET and we will know. :wink:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJDrC0jXwAU ... me=360x360
Looks a bit like the split red/blue painted livery above!

Wouter

nzjrs wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 12:09
Wouter wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 10:32
Probably this new HRC logo will be on the car. 12:00h CET and we will know. :wink:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJDrC0jXwAU ... me=360x360
Looks a bit like the split red/blue painted livery above!
Yes, I thought that too, but there is the HONDA logo still on it.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Only 45 minutes from now. :)

The Power of Dreams!

wowgr8
wowgr8

MrGapes wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 10:10
Will be interesting today, with the Alphatauri release, we may get a snippet at what rear suspension, gearbox (hence wheelbase) and front suspension which Redbull will run, will be interesting to see if Redbull have gone with the same approach as Mclaren. Provided we actually get shown a real car, or Redbull allow the sister team to display the suspension geometries.
The fact that Red Bull did what they did to ensure we know absolutely nothing gives me little hope we'll see anything interesting on the AlphaTauri. It will probably be studio shots with the darkest lighting possible and even darker in the sensitive areas

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

wowgr8 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 12:28
The fact that Red Bull did what they did to ensure we know absolutely nothing gives me little hope we'll see anything interesting on the AlphaTauri. It will probably be studio shots with the darkest lighting possible and even darker in the sensitive areas
Well if they show the car at all, we might find out what type of suspension they are running. I believe AT buys their suspension from Red Bull so that could be a strong clue.

motobaleno

push or pull road in the rear means completely different gearbox case. It is very unlikely that AT builds its own gearbox

Emag
Emag

wowgr8 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 12:28
MrGapes wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 10:10
Will be interesting today, with the Alphatauri release, we may get a snippet at what rear suspension, gearbox (hence wheelbase) and front suspension which Redbull will run, will be interesting to see if Redbull have gone with the same approach as Mclaren. Provided we actually get shown a real car, or Redbull allow the sister team to display the suspension geometries.
It could very well be that RedBull did not have their car ready, but were forced to do an early event because of sponsors.

So maybe they wanted to show a real car, but they couldn't. After all, they did have a failed crash test, which may have delayed their agenda.

I am still curious to see the AlphaTauri. If they give us a real car, there will be plenty to take about the RB as well.

MrGapes

As far as I know, Franz Tost confirmed in a article that they will be using redbull rear suspension, gearbox, and he said they may use parts of the front suspension or the whole thing. Anyway I don't expect them to design there own, they've been quite reliant on redbull for the past few years,

AeroDynamic

the EDGE wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 12:58
Wouter wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 12:14
Only 45 minutes from now. :)

Oh god… not the dreaded annual fashion parade

Is anyone really going to watch? I’ll wait for the press release this time round
I don't know. I can see why AlphaTauri might show a team designed car as opposed to a show car. The AMR generated a lot of discussion and interest, and that would be great for the AlphaTauri brand. Hopefully we get something interesting.

_cerber1

AeroDynamic

The AT03 😎

AeroDynamic

not a show car

Last edited by AeroDynamic on 14 Feb 2022, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.

void

If the car is fast as the presentation we had a WDC and WCC winner