Alfa Romeo C40 Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
continuum16

Alfa Romeo C40 Speculation

If this thread already existed, mods please close this one and merge.

Let’s play another round of “show car or real car” based on this image:

Here’s the show car from a similar angle:

I’m inclined to think it’s real, or at least not the default FOM car. For one, the mirrors are different, and it would seem odd to go through all that trouble just to change the mirrors on the show car.

If it is the real thing, then it looks like Sauber/Alfa have abandoned their unique wide air box/centerline cooling arrangement in favor of what appears to be a more conventional, even quite narrow, centerline setup. Maybe it’s just the angle but based on the transition from the halo to the engine cover everything cooling/engine-wise seems to be much lower compared to previous cars.

Intriguing nevertheless.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

bosyber
bosyber

Re: Alfa Romeo C40 Speculation

To be honest, at first I was inclined to go full 'show car of course' default.

But, yeah, those mirrors are different, and the middle as you point out, seems also not quite the same either, with it making sense that the bits around the Halo are very similar due to that device.

A narrower centreline cooling/inlet would match the rumours of Ferrari going back to a narrower triangle too.

In addition, on closer inspection, there seems to be an array/stack of winglets hanging from the rear breaks/suspension that is also quite different (more but narrower slits) from the show car too, and the beam wing also seems, though it is hard to make out exactly, to have a more gradual slope than that on the show car. Also, the mandatory led-lighting on the rear wing wasn't present on the show car either. I can't really tell whether the profile of the rear wing is indeed subtly different, but it might be the case.

Cool if that's valid! ... I can feel myself getting hyped for the car launches now.

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

This is actually very hard to tell whether it is just the FOM design or an actual car. I feel like the mirrors are just a mistake when editing the background. Everything else is very difficult to see which makes it hard to see if it matches the FOM design. I personally think it is just a show car.

_cerber1

@tonisokolov1011

wogx

Different rear edge of engine cover, no vents, different rear wing support, diffuser shape may be also different...

Ferrari will no longer supply Alfa Romeo with suspension and gearbox

Alfa Romeo Racing will not be a copy of the 2022 Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 car, as the Haas designed in Maranello by Simone Resta and built at Dallara could be. The team from Hinwil loosens its ties with the Italian side, seeking greater design autonomy that brings it closer to being a real manufacturer, given that it will no longer run the gearbox and rear suspension from, but will continue to use a power unit supplied by the Maranello team.
https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-will-n ... d-gearbox/
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

continuum16

Apparently they have abandoned the C40 name and just followed on from last year with C42...mods feel free to update title

Official launch after first tests, bit odd but I'm sure pictures will come out anyways.
Also this is a slightly different angle than the last pic. Not anything really new though. If anything it leans more towards the show car theory.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

continuum16

It seems like they will still be using the Ferrari gearbox according to scarbs, but not the whole setup + rear suspension.

- Mark Twain

Jolle
Jolle

continuum16 wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 19:53
It seems like they will still be using the Ferrari gearbox according to scarbs, but not the whole setup + rear suspension.

Makes sense. When you would have to wait on the whole rear end to come from Maranello before you can tweak the whole concept of the car, you’re months behind #riphaas

wogx

Exhaust & rear wing lights taken as reference points.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Zynerji

Jolle wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 22:19
continuum16 wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 19:53

Makes sense. When you would have to wait on the whole rear end to come from Maranello before you can tweak the whole concept of the car, you’re months behind #riphaas
If HAAS gets the gearbox and rear suspension from Ferrari, it's all going to be locally optimized. I think they both will be fine.

Pandamasque

I hope Alfa paints these wheel covers white or silver, so they look like steelies from a '60s Guilia GTA :mrgreen:

Thunder

Well this came as a surprise. I'll move posts over to the C42 Car Thread and then unlock it. Give me a minute. :)
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum