Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
gordonthegun

Re: Ferrari F1-75

tpe
tpe

In the Silverstore race thread you will find a Tweet with a comparison video between RB, Merc, Ferrari regarding porpoising.
RB has almost nothing and scratches the ground.
MB has some, again scratches the ground
Ferrari, has a lot and almost isn't touching the ground.

There are some interesting things to consider. If the car is that fast and it's not so close to the ground, imagine how faster it could go if they find a solution for the porpoising and lower the ride height!

The negative of course, is that porpoising is almost gone from the MB, so, they will soon join the fight at the front.

deadhead

tpe wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 17:56
In the Silverstore race thread you will find a Tweet with a comparison video between RB, Merc, Ferrari regarding porpoising.

There are some interesting things to consider. If the car is that fast and it's not so close to the ground, imagine how faster it could go if they find a solution for the porpoising and lower the ride height!

The negative of course, is that porpoising is almost gone from the MB, so, they will soon join the fight at the front.
Do we think the F1-75 would suffer the most from the new directive starting with the French GP then?

tpe
tpe

I think so.
Unless they find a solution until then, but I doubt. They haven't solve the issue until now. I don't rule out a possible link between the rule changes and the porpoising directive.

Andi76
Andi76

To the guy who rated my post negativelly because its "factually inaccurate", here are the facts - the gaps between Mercedes fastest Qualifying Times and Ferrari/Red Bulls fastest Qualifying times :

First races :

BAHRAIN : +0,7
SAUDI: +0,9
AUSTRALIA: +1,0

Last three races:

ASERB.: +1,5
CANADA: +1,5
GB: +1,0

So, in what reality was this "factually inaccurate"? The facts clearly say the gap got even bigger. Not smaller.

Sorry if i say this, but i think its ridiculous to rate a post negatively because its "factually inaccurate" without obviously knowing the facts, or because the truth hurts a fanboys feelings. I can be a fan of this or that team. No problem. But i still should be able to accept the facts as facts. And even if i am in a constant state of denial - i should not rate posts that are true negatively, as the state of denial is my problem, not that of anyone else.

Sorry, i do not really care about this downvote, its a pretty usual thing that some fanboys do this whenever they read sonething they do not want to hear, but exactly because of that kind of behaviour - i think this had to be said. This is F1-Technical. Not F1-Emotional.

**mod edit: I've removed the downvote, and the balancer upvote, to your original post
Last edited by Andi76 on 03 Jul 2022, 21:28, edited 3 times in total.

Sevach
Sevach

deadhead wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 18:59
tpe wrote:

Do we think the F1-75 would suffer the most from the new directive starting with the French GP then?
I think the most important directive now is the flexy floor one, whomever has that is gonna get hurt.

Andi76
Andi76

Sevach wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 15:23
deadhead wrote:
02 Jul 2022, 18:59
tpe wrote:

I think the most important directive now is the flexy floor one, whomever has that is gonna get hurt.
Its probably Red Bull and Ferrari. This was said on Premiere Germany today. RBR and Ferraris floors are said to flex 6mm. Allowed are only 3mm(while other sources say only 2mm). It was also said that the mounting of the plank and the skid block are they areas where Ferrari and especially Red Bull have designed it in a very agressive way. This will probably help Mercedes to get closer and it was also suggested that Mercedes initiated that directive.

TimW
TimW

I wonder if this may actually be beneficial. As I understand the FW end plate regulations are there to prevent teams from designing an outwash FW. This wing is surely outwashing.

Probably not. (Maybe they should optimize the design and instruct drivers to clip two rear wheels on the first lap....)

Godius

ringo

Are the sidepod openings more forward?
For Sure!!

ajprice
ajprice

Are these black nosecones that are separate from the bottom wing plane the same as before but missing their top panels?

dialtone
dialtone

ajprice wrote:
06 Jul 2022, 22:07
Are these black nosecones that are separate from the bottom wing plane the same as before but missing their top panels?
yes

Sevach
Sevach

Ferrari keeping their Silverstone rear wings for the RBR.

Schippke
Schippke

No surprise in running the lower-downforce wings... they'll need all the speed they can get just to try and keep up with Red Bull on the straights, let alone worry about overtaking them!

gordonthegun