Mercedes W13

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
kenshi_blind

Re: Mercedes W13

gandharva wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 11:47
W13 istn't working at all at the moment. Massive porpoising on the straight even with DRS open and also lots of problems during coernering. Hamilton had to abondon his pushlap due to all this problems.
That's a stretch and jumping to conclusion , Like Ant Davidson said , they lowered the ride height so they are still very much in a setup phases . if i had to guess , Hamilton was never supposed to finish the lap , the aim was to judge the change under certain speed/load
Last edited by kenshi_blind on 10 Mar 2022, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

mwillems

AeroDynamic wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 11:32
mwillems wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 11:30
Ross Brawn has confirmed live that he has seen nothing that is unnaceotabke here in Bahrain.
But he also Suggested that it can change if another team provides an argument that wasn't considered, and may be valid.
I didn't catch that, I had to walk downstairs to start work lol
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

mwillems

Just_a_fan wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 11:34
mwillems wrote:
Ross Brawn has confirmed live that he has seen nothing that is unnaceotabke here in Bahrain.
But he isn't the FIA. If a team comes up with an argument that the FIA hadn't previously considered, they might still change their mind and say a n idea is not allowed after all.

I expect to see Horner complaining a lot in the next few days/weeks...
The world would be upside down if he didn't.

Brawn isn't the FIA but he will know if there is an issue.

My only opinion on the matter is that at some point development in that area will he a step too far.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

FMP
FMP

mwillems wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 11:57
AeroDynamic wrote:
mwillems wrote:
But he also Suggested that it can change if another team provides an argument that wasn't considered, and may be valid.
And Ross works for F1 not FIA so he has NO weight when he says that. FIA are the regulators of the sport and are the ones that make the decisions on legality. So nothing can be said right now. But so far I haven't really seen anything about what could be deemed illegal? The aero parts of the mirror mounts?

NathanOlder

FMP wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 12:00
mwillems wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

And Ross works for F1 not FIA so he has NO weight when he says that. FIA are the regulators of the sport and are the ones that make the decisions on legality. So nothing can be said right now. But so far I haven't really seen anything about what could be deemed illegal? The aero parts of the mirror mounts?
but what can be said is the FIA have obvously said its ok, otherwise Mercedes wouldnt be here testing it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

mzivtins
mzivtins

mwillems wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 11:59
Just_a_fan wrote:
mwillems wrote:
But he isn't the FIA. If a team comes up with an argument that the FIA hadn't previously considered, they might still change their mind and say a n idea is not allowed after all.

My only opinion on the matter is that at some point development in that area will he a step too far.
The comments made by Horner were retracted by red bull, i suspect it's when they realised that what horner calls a wing and illegal is actually the crash structure that needs to be there.

There wont be any rule changes around this area, I mean its a safety device right?

SiLo

Merc right now is slammed to the floor, much lower than the rest of the cars. Brundle watching the cars go round summed it up best, it's very early days for all the teams as they all look slow, lethargic and struggling for grip.
Felipe Baby!

AeroDynamic

mzivtins wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 12:06
mwillems wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 11:59
Just_a_fan wrote:

The comments made by Horner were retracted by red bull, i suspect it's when they realised that what horner calls a wing and illegal is actually the crash structure that needs to be there.

There wont be any rule changes around this area, I mean its a safety device right?
Hocus-Pocus backpeddle.

atanatizante

Love to see these opponents' reactions!

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Shakeman

SiLo wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 12:06
Merc right now is slammed to the floor, much lower than the rest of the cars. Brundle watching the cars go round summed it up best, it's very early days for all the teams as they all look slow, lethargic and struggling for grip.
Like they do when they turn up during the race season. First practice is always a process of track cleaning. The meat and potatoes of the test will be tomorrow and Saturday.

FMP
FMP

NathanOlder wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 12:04
FMP wrote:
mwillems wrote:

but what can be said is the FIA have obvously said its ok, otherwise Mercedes wouldnt be here testing it.
Well FIA/F1 isn't that simple though. They can say whatever they want but once a protest is sent then the decision is taken. But yeah I agree. But still I don't even understand what would could be illegal about it? Don't think there is any worries as Mercedes at all.

krmx37
krmx37

NathanOlder wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 12:04
FMP wrote:
mwillems wrote:

they can test whatever they want. the car does not have to be legal to be allowed to get tested.

atanatizante

ringo wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 08:30

The team are not using any fancy liquid for cooling i suspect. The car is long and the radiators are actually still normal sized. I suspect the coolers are angled very narrowly and the air just flows through the cavity under the tub.
Could this car's side pod architecture be detrimental to COG or at least COP? Or do the benefits outweighs these disadvantages?

Now regarding coolant, Ross Brawn said on Sky that Merc has a new coolant system, not a new fluid coolant, had I`m not wrong ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus