Hungarian GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bhall
bhall

DaveKillens wrote:After viewing the video, to me it's obvious Alonso deliberately put a slow block on Doornbos.
In that session, Alonso was second quickest with a best time of 1:23.097. Interestingly, Doornbos was fourth quickest with a best time of 1:23.195. So Doornbos was not out there dragging his butt, he was pretty darn quick. Maybe at a certain time Alonso felt that he was quicker and should have been allowed past Doornbos. but this was practice, it's not the end of the world if you back off, give the guy ahead a bit of room, and continue your merry way.
To me, Alonso is showing signs of the pressure and allowed the situation of the moment overcome reason, and he acted foolishly. I have to agree with the stewards, that kind of crap is unacceptable and Alonso should be punished. It was a severe punishment, but the offence merited it because of the safety implications.
I have blased Shu for some of his indescretions, now Alonso is also in the wrong.
This is an example to illustrate that no driver, be it Shu, or Alonso, or anyone else isn't perfect and every so often make stupid decisions in the heat of the moment.
Dude, you always get it right.

m3_lover

Im still surprised that Schumi got away with starting ahead of Kimi at the parade lap in the German GP.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

m3_lover wrote:Im still surprised that Schumi got away with starting ahead of Kimi at the parade lap in the German GP.
Why?! Is this a wind up mate?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

m3_lover

I dont know what 'wind up' means, not trying to be sarcastic or anything, just do not know what that means, parade lap=lap before the race starts in case I might have gotten it wrong.
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

m3_lover wrote:Im still surprised that Schumi got away with starting ahead of Kimi at the parade lap in the German GP.
Maybe I'm mistaken. But I read this as you saying that Schu should be punished for getting away from his grid slot quicker than Kimi did? :? ??? Can you shed any light?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

andyF1

He is refering to the "formation lap" the lap when the cars pull away from the grid to do the final lap back to the grid just before the start of the race.
Officially the rule is that you have to maintain formation (your grid position) during this lap and cannot overtake any1.

Personally I think that Schumi got away with it as he just accelerated more from his grid position rather than him overtaking Kimi further round the track.
His excuse would always be that he needed to set off fast to warm his tyres / lay down rubber etc. whereas Kimi set off slower.

As he then slowed down and let Kimi past I think the stewards would not consider it a breach of the rule.

wazojugs

Whats this about Schumi overtaking people when the red flag is flying tut tut tut.

What sort of example is he setting by doing this, overtaking on a yellow is bad but a red [-X

Lets see what punishment he gets if any or if its equal to Alonso

joseff

Uh huh... 2 secs for MS as well.

The Hungarian GP is turning into a pro wrestling match...

edit: WOW Michael what a lap! So nearly made it to the top 10 even with +2 secs!!!

Sawtooth-spike

did somebody forget to Wake Fisi up again? the car was quick enought to be higher up than that.

Should be a good race tomorrow, I am off to the bookies to put £5 on Alonso and Schumi crashing in the first corner
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

leomax
leomax

Massa massively screwed his final session,so kimi does it again.
Mclaren have a good chance to win tomorrow.

m3_lover

The Super Aguri team has offered MF1 Racing driver Christijan Albers a seat for next season his manager revealed to F1Racing.net. Albers is showing a strong performance this season at Midland and together with team mate Monteiro he is pushing the team forwards.

did anybody else hear this?

vdt
vdt

m3_lover wrote:The Super Aguri team has offered MF1 Racing driver Christijan Albers a seat for next season his manager revealed to F1Racing.net. Albers is showing a strong performance this season at Midland and together with team mate Monteiro he is pushing the team forwards.

did anybody else hear this?
"F1Racing.net is an independent company based in The Netherlands"
http://www.f1racing.net/en/about.php

bhall
bhall

leomax wrote:Massa massively screwed his final session
He was just pushing a little too hard on that last lap. But he did much, much better for Ferrari than Fisi did for Renault.

Should be a good race tomorrow. Seems that every team who were thought to be fast during the preseason (McLaren, Honda, Toyota) have finally stepped up and found the pace.

And I think the Alonso/Schumi penalties will make matters much more interesting.

f1.redbaron

bhallg2k wrote: Should be a good race tomorrow. Seems that every team who were thought to be fast during the preseason (McLaren, Honda, Toyota) have finally stepped up and found the pace.
My guess is that Honda is, yet again, running on fumes. I was watching the fastest speeds through the speed trap - Barrichello was at 311km/h while the next closest one was something like 306km/h. Also, I would like to point out that they, now, both have fresh engines.

Toyota...I think that ever since the US, they have decided to run long in the first stint. Something tells me that of all the cars in top 10, they've got the most fuel.

Mclaren - these guys should get their first win of the season. I mean they've got no competition. Barrichello will pit early, and Massa, while a lot better than I thought, is still young and is no match for Kimi!

m3_lover

I think Massa might win it... I even think he has been faster then Schumi in the last couple of races, but that he is getting more and more consistent. IMO
Mclaren have no chance.. I think Kimi's fastest lap is still off .6's off schumi's best so could be lighter fuel again for mclaren.