Hungarian GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
tpe
tpe

m3_lover wrote:Im still surprised that Schumi got away with starting ahead of Kimi at the parade lap in the German GP.
It's allowed from the regulations.

dumrick
dumrick

m3_lover wrote:The Super Aguri team has offered MF1 Racing driver Christijan Albers a seat for next season his manager revealed to F1Racing.net. Albers is showing a strong performance this season at Midland and together with team mate Monteiro he is pushing the team forwards.

did anybody else hear this?
A few weeks ago, there were rumours that BMW had offered him a contract... his management is really despaired about increasing his value!!!! :lol:

tpe
tpe

andyF1 wrote:He is refering to the "formation lap" the lap when the cars pull away from the grid to do the final lap back to the grid just before the start of the race.
Officially the rule is that you have to maintain formation (your grid position) during this lap and cannot overtake any1.

Personally I think that Schumi got away with it as he just accelerated more from his grid position rather than him overtaking Kimi further round the track.
His excuse would always be that he needed to set off fast to warm his tyres / lay down rubber etc. whereas Kimi set off slower.

As he then slowed down and let Kimi past I think the stewards would not consider it a breach of the rule.
That ruled is VERY very very old. It has changed. You can pass another car, but you have to go back to your position.

tpe
tpe

m3_lover wrote:I think Massa might win it... I even think he has been faster then Schumi in the last couple of races, but that he is getting more and more consistent. IMO
Mclaren have no chance.. I think Kimi's fastest lap is still off .6's off schumi's best so could be lighter fuel again for mclaren.
And although close, Massa was faster that Kimi in Q1, Q2. I would like to see Massa win his 1st ever GP, but I think that Kimi can beat him. Of course, we will wait until tommorow.

joseff

Why isn't anybody commenting on Robert Kubica? Definitely the star of the qualifying IMO.

wazojugs

Now Schumi is in a strop

Race stewards confirmed that Alonso was one of the drivers Schumacher passed while the red flag was out.

While he stopped short of accusing his rival of deliberately slowing in front of him, Schumacher hinted that he was the victim of gamesmanship.

“Those pictures are available and certainly Fernando is involved in this [incident], yes, absolutely,” he said.

Lightspeed

manchild wrote: If Flavio is smart he should tell Fisichella to smash both Ferraris's out of race if he can.
Oh Really ?

At this rate i won't be surprised if manchild suggests to Falvio to have Schumi assasinated. :roll:

Seriously man, get a life.
Last edited by Lightspeed on 05 Aug 2006, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

m3_lover

Whoa what a harsh comment there... Why are you getting so pissed off... everybody has there opinion, I am not a big fan of ferrari praise... but I am not going to shoot myself over it.. you need to get a life starting little forum battles...This picture clearly represents you...

Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Lightspeed

MS almost made is way into Q3 with a 2 second peanlty !!!

How good was his lap record shattering 1:18:875 in Q2 ??

If MS can stay clear of any contact in the first corner, then he is well in contention IMHO.

Lightspeed

m3_lover wrote:Whoa what a harsh comment there... Why are you getting so pissed off... everybody has there opinion, I am not a big fan of ferrari praise... but I am not going to shoot myself over it.. you need to get a life starting little forum battles...
My apologies if i sounded offensive.

This picture clearly represents you...
Handing the prize to manchild ?? surely, nobody else could deserve it more.

manchild
manchild

We are talking about drivers, team mebers, FIA officials not about forum members so giving opinion about forum member based on what he wrote about someone involved in f1 is inapropriate.

allan
allan

now i'm a little bit confused, with all those engine, and driving penalties, how does the grid look like now?

f1.redbaron

allan wrote:now i'm a little bit confused, with all those engine, and driving penalties, how does the grid look like now?
Button goes to 14, which means that Schumacher should start 11th, while Alonso stays at 15.

BTW, Lightspeed, no need for those comments. Manchild and I don't agree either, but I'm know that we won't be calling each other names. Besides, can you imagine what this forum (or any other, for that matter) would look like if everybody had the same opinion?

dkt
dkt

I wonder if there's any footage of Schumacher passing under red flag yet?
I guess many people want to see exactly what happened.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I am uncomfortable when forum members stoop to personal attacks on each other. It's one thing to (right or wrong) slam a driver or team for doing something, and get a staunch defense from fans. But whenever I view a forum member smear another because of a post or position, trust me, someone definitely has lost a lot of their respect from me. If you don't like the message, deal with it, don't attack the messenger.
Kubica was fantastic, I give him ten out of ten so far. He beat his teammate. Massa held Ferrari honor and managed to qualify on the front row, despite some over-aggressive and sloppy laps. And Kimi, he's not the Iceman, he's the rocket man, shooting out of the shadows to once again blast the field with a stellar qualifying lap. Mark Webber is on fire, he is driving absolutely excellent. Now there's a man with motivation. Whether it is to gain a good drive next year or just to prove Sir Frank wrong, it sure has him doing wonders with his Williams. We shall just have to see if his car or engine has any reliability, the achilles heel of Cosworth/Williams.
Both Hondas have suddenly found renewed form, back near the top and out-performing both Toyotas, despite Jenson's engine change penalty.
Fisi seems to be in one of his "down" phases, nowhere near Alonso in speed, and sadly underperforming, .... again.
But of course, the big news is that both Shu and Alonso start well back, and will have to battle all day to move towards the front, and valuable points.
Kimi could, and should win tomorrow. But it's also Massa's time to shine in the sunlight, he doesn't have to obediantly follow or support Shu. Don't be surprised to see a drive from the Brazilian that will be talked about for many years. Tomorrow is his day to show to the world how much he has improved, and just how good he is.
There is a very long list of potential winner for Hungary, Kimi, Massa, Reubens, Webber, de la Rosa, Ralf, and even Trulli. Once again, gonne be fun.
:D