Should Hamilton get a penalty for missing the ceremony?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Should Hamilton get a penalty for missing the ceremony?

Yes
36%
No
62%
Undecided
No votes
Awaiting the FIA AD report
2%

Total votes: 66

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

Re: Should Hamilton get a penalty for missing the ceremony?

chrisc90 wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 15:31
Should Lewis get a penalty for missing out on a mandatory price giving ceremony?

Rules state:

Article 6.6: The drivers finishing first, second and third in the Championship must be present at the annual FIA Prize Giving ceremony.

18) SANCTIONS
18.1 The stewards may impose the penalties specifically set out in these Sporting Regulations in
addition to or instead of any other penalties available to them under the Code.
18.2 Any driver who receives three (3) reprimands in the same Championship will, upon the imposition of the third, be given a ten (10) grid place penalty for the race at that Event. If the third reprimand is imposed following an Incident during a race the ten (10) grid place penalty will be applied at the driver’s next Event.
The ten (10) grid place penalty will only be imposed if at least two (2) of the reprimands were imposed for a driving infringement.

Lewis was on 2 reprimands for the 2021 season so given the ruling in the sanctions it should be a 10 place grid drop at the next event.

Obviously Bahrain is the drivers next event, so any penalty, if one, should be applied at this race.

Let’s try not make this about RB fans bashing Lewis or anything along those lines, as it is nothing to do along those lines or max needing ‘help’ to get him to win races…
Where does it states that not attending the gala leads to sanctions?
You have just posted 2 different rules in one page and want them to be connected
Last edited by shamyakovic on 14 Mar 2022, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

izzy
izzy

The gala is just the FIA being up itself anyway, self-admiring lot, it's not like a sporting rule that should matter to us. But this thread is showing how they still need Lewis isn't it? All this time after! And so irrelevant, really, but here it is, all about Lewis as usual. He can do them plenty of damage just with a few words, so surely it's just going to quietly fade away.

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

chrisc90 wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 16:48
This is a off-track concern though…. Would it be any different if a driver didn’t show up to a media interview they are also required to attend?

I’d rather not see it affect the championship, but the way the regulations are written, means it could potentially have a impact on the championship this year
Where in the regulations it states that it will impact the championship?? :roll:
Unless you can show one, this is just trolling / lying!

NathanOlder

Do we know for a fact that he wasn't excused by the Fia after requesting a pass?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

codetower wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 17:10
I think he should, so long as it doesn't affect the championship. I could see a hefty fine or something along those lines. It wasn't an offense that affected the 2021 championship, so I don't think a penalty for the offense should affect 2022's championship.
How about rob him off 2021 championship? Oh wait..its already done. #-o
Rules are in place and should be enforced, no matter who breaks the rule. If there is no penalty, then what's to stop any other driver from just skipping the next gala? If the FIA doesn't mind, then change the rule.
So will they punish Max too for brake testing and running off their opponet in brazil ?
Or will they punish Masi and reinstate the last lap under safety car and make lewis world champion? I mean rules are to be enforced right? :mrgreen:

chrisc90

shamyakovic wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 19:56
chrisc90 wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 16:11
Sporting regulations 2021.

https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/110

Now listed under archive tab
But where does it say that there is sanctions for not attending?
It just says they must attend. But where does it state this leads to sanctions??

I can't find any thing anywhere

Perhaps it's time to just close the chapter of the farce from 2021 AD. Wasn't robbing him of the championship is enough for all his haters? Didn't everyone got what they want? :roll:
It doesn't list it for other things either such as jumped starts, incorrect grid positioning, safety car rulings/overtaking etc etc. So I think because it doesnt say a penalty will be imposed, isnt something to take for granted that they cant issue a reprimand for it.

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

chrisc90 wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 20:13
shamyakovic wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 19:56
chrisc90 wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 16:11
Sporting regulations 2021.

https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/110

Now listed under archive tab
But where does it say that there is sanctions for not attending?
It just says they must attend. But where does it state this leads to sanctions??

I can't find any thing anywhere

Perhaps it's time to just close the chapter of the farce from 2021 AD. Wasn't robbing him of the championship is enough for all his haters? Didn't everyone got what they want? :roll:
It doesn't list it for other things either such as jumped starts, incorrect grid positioning, safety car rulings/overtaking etc etc. So I think because it doesnt say a penalty will be imposed, isnt something to take for granted that they cant issue a reprimand for it.
I didn't know Lewis was driving his f1 car to the gala :roll: :lol:
All those things u mentioned have rules were the stewards can sanction them. Unlike the gala stuff! Unless u r saying they have drive their f1 car to gala and have to do a pitstop there? =P~

Stu

shamyakovic wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 20:07
codetower wrote:
I think he should, so long as it doesn't affect the championship. I could see a hefty fine or something along those lines. It wasn't an offense that affected the 2021 championship, so I don't think a penalty for the offense should affect 2022's championship.
Rules are in place and should be enforced, no matter who breaks the rule. If there is no penalty, then what's to stop any other driver from just skipping the next gala? If the FIA doesn't mind, then change the rule.
So will they punish Max too for brake testing and running off their opponet in brazil ?
Or will they punish Masi and reinstate the last lap under safety car and make lewis world champion? I mean rules are to be enforced right? :mrgreen:
You’re not adding anything much to this debate: please go back and re-read the OP, then respond appropriately.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

Stu wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 20:18
shamyakovic wrote:
codetower wrote:
You’re not adding anything much to this debate: please go back and re-read the OP, then respond appropriately.
Ok, I have read it
Could anyone tell me where is the rules it states that not attending the gala will lead to penalty?

izzy
izzy

NathanOlder wrote:
Do we know for a fact that he wasn't excused by the Fia after requesting a pass?
We had Mohammed talking about "rules are rules" didn't we and then changing his tune and trying to call Lewis but Lewis not answering. Lol. But istr they did eventually connect, and it's all gone so quiet I bet FIA media people smelt the coffee and had a word, and it's all sweet now with the enquiry which basically admits it was wrong. It's a can of worms FIA really don't want opening again isn't it, they'd be on such thin ice.

Stu

shamyakovic wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 20:19
Stu wrote:
shamyakovic wrote:

Ok, I have read it
Could anyone tell me where is the rules it states that not attending the gala will lead to penalty?
There is implication in the phrase “must”, that is not there with “should”. It does not mention whether any sanction will be imposed; but the use of “must” is quite strong and leads to “I wonder what would happen if I don’t?”,when viewed in the negative.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

izzy wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 20:21
NathanOlder wrote:
We had Mohammed talking about "rules are rules" didn't we and then changing his tune and trying to call Lewis but Lewis not answering. Lol. But istr they did eventually connect, and it's all gone so quiet I bet FIA media people smelt the coffee and had a word, and it's all sweet now with the enquiry which basically admits it was wrong. It's a can of worms FIA really don't want opening again isn't it, they'd be on such thin ice.
Yeah the new president flexed his muscles as soon as he became one. He soon realised that was a bad move and his advisors agreed... ever since he has been trying to butter up merc team to the level that everything has been brushed under the carpet.
If they want to punish Lewis even if its a monetary punishment on the basis that "rules are rules" then every other transgression which happened in 2021 season should be punished in similar fashion.

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

Stu wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 20:25
shamyakovic wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 20:19
Stu wrote:

Ok, I have read it
There is implication in the phrase “must”, that is not there with “should”. It does not mention whether any sanction will be imposed; but the use of “must” is quite strong and leads to “I wonder what would happen if I don’t?”,when viewed in the negative.
So just like "any" car doesnot mean "all" cars according to Horner.. "must" doesn't mean "should"
So like I said before there is nothing in rules to punish for not attending gala. Thank you

Stu

For what it is worth, I do not think that any penalty should be applied.
If they were to apply one it should be to make an appearance or two as an FIA ambassador.

izzy
izzy

shamyakovic wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 20:27
izzy wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 20:21
NathanOlder wrote:
Yeah the new president flexed his muscles as soon as he became one. He soon realised that was a bad move and his advisors agreed... ever since he has been trying to butter up merc team to the level that everything has been brushed under the carpet.
If they want to punish Lewis even if its a monetary punishment on the basis that "rules are rules" then every other transgression which happened in 2021 season should be punished in similar fashion.
Yes Mohammed is smart enough isn't he, and perhaps decent enough too.