And the new World Champion is....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

China 2005 -

1. What happened, happened because Schuey was driving dangerously, right?
2. Victims of that accident - Albers and his team don't care if Schuey did it on purpose or not because it doesn't change their position of victim, right?
3. The point is that his dangerous driving caused an accident and he got no punishment while Alonso's dangerous driving caused no accident and he was punished badly, right?
4. Comparing Monaco 2006 with Hungaroring is once out of the question - Schumacher got mild punishment having in mind what he has done, right?

………

We are talking about bigger issue than just one incident. FIA is all over Renault in attempt to destroy its chances for titles. Two unfair decisions by FIA in row and all thousands of miles of testing, hundreds of millions invested in R&D and you're not winning but loosing. Some FIA politician comes and says “… mass damper is perhaps illegal so if you run it perhaps you’ll get punished… blah, blah…” and all effort of people from Viry and Enstone as well as goes down the drain.

When all drivers are punished on same level I'll accept such championship but seeing Schumacher being punished only when it is so obvious that it hurts and with mild punishments makes me puke for almost 10 years now.

Renault group should stand for its team more strongly in the public because FIA is owned by Ferrari and in championship governed by Ferrari's people Ferrari can’t loose unless they have very bad car.

If FIA was busy teaching rookies and backmarkers how to pass championship leader by than I’m sure Fernando wouldn’t protest the way he did. He was punished but those two backmarkers weren’t and I’m sure he didn’t protest for no reason!

f1.redbaron

manchild wrote: 4. Comparing Monaco 2006 with Hungaroring is once out of the question - Schumacher got mild punishment having in mind what he has done, right?
You're right! But I'm not comparing the two incidents. I'm just trying to point out that if the FIA was really in Ferrari's pocket, I'm sure that they would've found a way to look the other way. I mean, the easiest thing for them to do would've been to say something like this - "Based on the evidence, we do not have the sufficient proof that....". Instead Schumacher was sent to the back of the grid. Is that enough? To me, as a Schumacher fan, that is more than enough. To you? I'm sure that you would've liked to see him get excluded from the championship. The FIA's decision was a happy medium.
manchild wrote: We are talking about bigger issue than just one incident. FIA is all over Renault in attempt to destroy its chances for titles. Two unfair decisions by FIA in row and all thousands of miles of testing, hundreds of millions invested in R&D and you're not winning but loosing. Some FIA politician comes and says “… mass damper is perhaps illegal so if you run it perhaps you’ll get punished… blah, blah…” and all effort of people from Viry and Enstone as well as goes down the drain.
I find it odd that you would say something like that, when you keep saying how the championship shouldn't be decided based on the driver aids or the aero bits, or the cars as a whole...when you think about it, the mass damper could be considered a driver aid, if not, an aerodynamic device, since its purpose is to prevent the oscillations caused when the car is under braking (a device doesn't, necessarily, have to be visible)

Moving away from that, wasn't it Renault's idea to freeze the engine development? Didn't FIA accept it? And who benefitted the most out of it? Renault, of course, because their engine seems to be the best out there. So, how is the FIA against Renault?

Besides, after those consecutive championships by Ferrari, FIA was imposing that rules that were working against Ferrari. Now it is Renault's turn since they were running away with victories, one race after the other. Perhaps, the FIA/Bernie are trying to excite the fans by making the championship more interesting.
manchild wrote: When all drivers are punished on same level I'll accept such championship but seeing Schumacher being punished only when it is so obvious that it hurts and with mild punishments makes me puke for almost 10 years now.
I agree 100%. Different drivers are punished in different ways and there should be some kind of standard, regardless of whether it is Michael Schumacher or Takuma Sato.
manchild wrote: If FIA was busy teaching rookies and backmarkers how to pass championship leader by than I’m sure Fernando wouldn’t protest the way he did. He was punished but those two backmarkers weren’t and I’m sure he didn’t protest for no reason!
But it was just a Friday practice. There is no need for that! He had the reason to protest, yes, but he's been raising his hand and giving the other drivers the finger quite a lot...lately! Yes, he is a WC, but not the only one trying to race!

P.S. I mean no offence. I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with it!

allan
allan

it's ur point of view manchild, i dont' think FIA is owned by ferrari, but if u think so, nobody is forcing u to watch F1.....nor is anyone forcing renault or alonso to compete in it. if they think it's unfair, maybe they should compete in some ballet championship......for sissies.
and schumacher being punished when only it's obvious?? what's more obvious than alonso's move? he was lucky that doornbos didn't hit him on that first right handed...
so the point manchild is that we all know how much u hate ferrari and schumacher, but that's not a reason to complain on each desion made by the stewards or the FIA, pretending that ferrari are the spoiled team....
if they were so, why do u think the FIA are changing rules every year? if they wanted ferrari to dominate formula 1, they wouldn't bother setting new rules every 8 months, right?

Scuderia_Russ

Manchild... what the hell are you talking about? You don't seem to see past your hate for Ferrari before you open your mouth. When you have two drivers lapping at vastly different speeds (one at race speed the other touring and trying to stay out of the way) the odd accident is bound to happen! I'm amazed that someone as intelligent as yourself can come up with such blatant rubbish sometimes!! How this sort of thing doesn't happen more often is a minor miracle. All you do is whine and whine about this sport. If you don't like it, why do you put yourself through it?
allan wrote: it's ur point of view manchild, i dont' think FIA is owned by ferrari, but if u think so, nobody is forcing u to watch F1.....nor is anyone forcing renault or alonso to compete in it. if they think it's unfair, maybe they should compete in some ballet championship......for sissies.
Amen to that.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Ciro Pabón

I haven't seen the incident so I am not qualified to judge it. But, boy, does scuderia_russ sound tired! :)

You have to guess it will take years and some "rogue pilot" memories to know all what is happening now. The thing this forum could be most interested in, is the viewer ratings for Hungary GP. This is the only place where you can detect the "voice of the people" on the super strange rulings of the last months, stranger than fiction. :?

I guess that whatever f1.redbaron thinks "the FIA did to Ferrari in Monaco", it was something the FIA learnt well how to do. Notice how the tide is changing: now is not what "Ferrari did to F1 in Monaco"... after all, it would be embarrassing for our new world champion. Not long ago f1.redbaron expressed what "Schumacher did to Alonso" like this: "I couldn't believe how he (Alonso) managed to restrain himself. Had it been me, I would've reached over and started choking him (Schumacher). That was very mature of Alonso and, in my book, his stock went up."

You have to respect Ferrari, some people don't forget their childhood memories and tend to blame people, not Mr. Enzo. But for any normal person, even conceding you might be mistaken, this thing is becoming suspiciously similar to Word Wrestling Federation. :roll:
Ciro

manchild
manchild

SR, not only stewards found Schuey guilty for that accident but he also said so himself.
Albers wrote:Michael said he made a mistake.
Crash.Net via KeepMedia.com | Oct 19, 2005
Christijan Albers says that Michael Schumacher admitted that he made a mistake when the pair collided during the build-up to the Chinese GP.

bhall
bhall

I think Schumacher's penalty thankfully puts an end to this entire thread and any discussion of a conspiracy.

Lightspeed

manchild wrote:Renault is on FIA's sight and they must go down because "greatest ever" must become "great" again using same methods as before - that what this is all about.
The hell with you and your ****.

In case you did not know, MS was handed a 2 sec penalty as well.

m3_lover

Dude he was talking about the Chinese GP and using swear words like that is not nice at all [-X

You should be sent to the penalty box for 2 minutes for unsportsmanship
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

f1.redbaron

In the spirit of the Renault fans: This 2 sec. penalty to Schumacher is unfair. It's all because Renault is the world champion so they can have their way with the FIA :D

btw, Ciro, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feslxpzokuk

Tp
Tp

f1.redbaron wrote:In the spirit of the Renault fans: This 2 sec. penalty to Schumacher is unfair. It's all because Renault is the world champion so they can have their way with the FIA :D
HAHAHAHAHAHA

After I heard about Michael being penalised the first thing that came to my head was that

allan
allan

personally, i liked that penalty for schumi, at least IT WILL SHUT SOME PEOPLE'S MOUTHES!
we must expect an exciting race tomorrow, with the new and the old world champions starting way back on the grid!

manchild
manchild

I wrote before that he gets penalised only when it is so obvious that it hurts. What he did today really hurts (overtaking under red flag). When you compare his and Alonso's actions it becomes obvious that he got away with mild penalty again.

f1.redbaron

manchild wrote:I wrote before that he gets penalised only when it is so obvious that it hurts. What he did today really hurts (overtaking under red flag). When you compare his and Alonso's actions it becomes obvious that he got away with mild penalty again.
How?

What if Schumacher hadn't gotten the message in time? Even if he did, what if he had passed those two cars at the speed of, say, 40km/h. How's that more dangerous than what Alonso did? Because, a red flag is a red flag?? Yeah, but just like one driver had put another driver's life in danger, so did the second driver when he, out of frustration, brake-tested some other driver.

During qualifying on Speed today, Windsor had a brief interview with Doornboswhere he asked him about the incident. Doornbos admitted that he had slowed Alonso down (NOT ON PURPOSE), but, like Alonso, he was also doing his job and fighting for the second place (instead of 4th).

EDIT: Btw, did you see how Alonso had tried to push Doornbos of the track...very, ummm...Schumacher-esque!

Principessa

I take my words back. Schumi was punished as he should today It can still be an interesting race tomorrow :wink: