2022 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 27 - 29

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
silver
silver

Re: 2022 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 27 - 29

Perez tried to overdrive in that last lap and went on throttle a little earlier than the car would have liked. The final Leclerc lap could have been potential 4 to 5 tenths faster than the official pole time! He will run away tomorrow at the front and Perez might just hold up the pack behind him as he wouldn't be as fast in race. May be Red Bull would try to use that situation to give Verstappen an undercut.

Racer X

214270 wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:35
SirBastianVettel wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:33
Seeing the pictures with double yellow flags I think Sainz is in trouble.
Not that it matters but I think it was single yellow being waved. The light panel came on super late also, will be interesting to see what happens here.
I'm sure he won't be panelized, my only question is Perez and Sainz. Will either of them have gearbox issues? Also will either of them be panelized if they change gearbox, or does it tap into their reserve?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

search

how come no one is dicussing the penalty for Leclerc for missing the weight check?! Marko says normally he'll need to start last or even from the pits, and I think he is right

silver
silver

Racer X wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:37
214270 wrote:
SirBastianVettel wrote:
Not that it matters but I think it was single yellow being waved. The light panel came on super late also, will be interesting to see what happens here.
I'm sure he won't be panelized, my only question is Perez and Sainz. Will either of them have gearbox issues? Also will either of them be panelized if they change gearbox, or does it tap into their reserve?
Rule have changed. They can use 4 gearboxes per year and can change anytime without a penalty within those allowed 4.

chrisc90

search wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:38
how come no one is dicussing the penalty for Leclerc for missing the weight check?! Marko says normally he'll need to start last or even from the pits, and I think he is right
I think it was because he was pushed back before actually parking up in the garage or team area. If the team had done anything to affect the car, it would have been a penalty.

dialtone
dialtone

Pole lap difference PER v LEC.
* There is really minimal difference between the 2 cars
* A couple of issues from LEC in S3
* Ferrari is just stronger in the hairpin area corners, by the looks of the trace it seems they can afford to brake much later because the car will turn in anyway. RedBull might be a bit more understeery than the Ferrari.

Here's the aborted lap from LEC compared to PER:

* Ferrari here was a bit oversteering, very evident in S1 from TV feed
* Leclerc was taking every braking point to the absolute limit while still being faster in every single corner, that's a sign of oversteer (late corner entry still similar apex)
* This lap was a true monster, sad we couldn't see it to the end.

Sainz risks nothing from the race director, they went with single yellow, he got it right before corner entry and from his position you can't see where Perez crashed, easy to see from the onboard f1tv. You folks listen too much to sky sports.

What's funnier is that they went with straight red when tsunoda crashed and nothing really happened, and single yellow with Perez stopped sideways in the middle of a blind corner.

And Leclerc didn't miss the weight check, the condition is that mechanics must not take the car in the pits, nothing wrong happened and it was also displayed super late to Leclerc, he had already finished the chicane for entry pits when it was displayed to him.

Racer X

silver wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:39
Racer X wrote:
214270 wrote:

Rule have changed. They can use 4 gearboxes per year and can change anytime without a penalty within those allowed 4.
Thank you! i knew there was a rule change but i couldn't recall what it was.

Glad for both drivers and luck to Carlos.
Hopefully there's no penalty for Sainz.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Big Tea

chrisc90 wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:41
search wrote:
I think it was because he was pushed back before actually parking up in the garage or team area. If the team had done anything to affect the car, it would have been a penalty.
Yeh, he stopped in plain sight and the team pushed him back in full view. It would be petty if there was any action taken as it is pretty much impossible any weight could have ben added.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Racer X wrote:
214270 wrote:
SirBastianVettel wrote:
PER looked like a healthy whack so may have to take a penalty in future. SAI looked about as bad as VER is Saudi last year to me
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

MV8
MV8

search wrote:
Ferrari talked with FIA and they let them to push Charles back, so no penalty
Just posting

search

Big Tea wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:46
chrisc90 wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:41
search wrote:
Yeh, he stopped in plain sight and the team pushed him back in full view. It would be petty if there was any action taken as it is pretty much impossible any weight could have ben added.
yeah, just checked the rules, and it seems like they are a bit more relaxed now:

Any driver who fails to stop when asked to do so, and then fails to bring the car back to the FIA garage, or if work is carried out on the car before it is returned to the FIA garage, will be referred to the stewards

so indeed no issues there

aleks_ader

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:16
PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 May 2022, 21:18
Two drivers from the top four will bin it in qualifying. Mark my words.
:idea: :mrgreen:

BRUH ps please tell me Lottery numbers also if u could.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

silver
silver

214270 wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:47
Racer X wrote:
214270 wrote:

PER looked like a healthy whack so may have to take a penalty in future. SAI looked about as bad as VER is Saudi last year to me
6 races and a qualifying, I would say that gear box almost served it's life. He would have 3 more for the rest of the season, which should be good enough, unless he ends up in another whack.

atanatizante

We all know had tomorrow is a dry race there's a one-stop race. On this circumstances could it be a 50-55 laps first stint on M tyres and the second stint (23-28 laps on softs) a win strategy?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

MV8
MV8

atanatizante wrote:
28 May 2022, 17:52
We all know had tomorrow is a dry race there's a one-stop race. On this circumstances could it be a 50-55 laps first stint on M tyres and the second stint (23-28 laps on softs) a win strategy?
It's a good one
Just posting