engines.

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
ernesto
ernesto

engines.

hey ,,,can someone explain to me :

A): why the maximum torque in an engine is not at the same rpm for max power?

B): do u think all f1 engines run the same compression ratios?

C): can someone explain how the electro hydraulic throttle works,,,?

than you....

:D
ernesto

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well...the forst question....I have written down in my physics book.....so I'll get back to you on that.....
about the compresion ratio.....wel....I know that they don't have the same compresion ratio.....
electrohydraulic throttle.....well....don't know too much about it...but will look for it....

Steven
Owner

what the hell are electro hydraulic throttles :D
were these ever used in Formula One?

nobody
nobody

First you must differentiate the differences between torque and power. Power almost just the rate at which the torque is being applied, the calculation for that is (torque * rpm)/5252. Now torque, maximum torque is found at the peak voluetric efficiency, whereever that may be.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well...i can't seem to find my physics notebook....I'm going to keep on looking for it....I'lll try to post back as soon aas I find it....

Bear-F1
Bear-F1

Electro Hydraulic Throttle

The electro hydraulic throttle is used in present day formula 1 cars so that there will be no messy linkage. It uses an electonic sensor and seperate processor to adjust a hydraulic throttle actuator according to pedal position. The pedal position is captured by the sensor which send the recorded data to the processor which in turn determines how far (forward or how much throttle to give) the hydraulic actuator is to be, well, activated. I hope this is of some help.
Renault F1 Team
Alonso
Trulli
R23 or R23B- Dream Car
Renault Clio V6

"Renault Fan"