2022 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, July 08 - 10

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, July 08 - 10

chrisc90 wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 23:05
However, If I was victim to a sexual crime, the last place I would be broadcasting it is on Twitter in all honesty. Something just doesnt seem to add up. I mean if someone pulled your trousers down , or lifted a skirt up, exposing your private parts, what would you do realistically? You have the options of 1) Laughing it off if your that way inclined. 2) Reporting it to a steward 3) reporting it to the police 4) telling the world on twitter/social media. I can almost guarantee number 4 would be the last one I would ever dream of. Surely sticking your experience out infront of MILLIONS of people/followers will just bring further embarrassment to yourself.
I'm sure you're the sole person on this world that would report this event "properly"

It really surprises me to this day that people still don't get that crimes of this nature are frequently not met with empathy, often are not believed or victims are judged for what happened. Then we get to the part where frequently such crimes are difficult to prove. So combine those and you get to relive a traumatic experience only to either not get believed or have to go through a very confrontational and demeaning procedure only to then hear the report wont be solved.

Going to a platform with millions of people is a very logical and rational choice to voice yourself.
I really dont think nationality doesnt play a part in any of this. Even British or Spanish fans aren't angels. See the video I posted the other week on the British fans with their chants. "Verstappen is a W**ker", "Horner is a sex offender" were both heard, even if people try to brush it off at a 'club' when clearly its inside the circuit. Is that acceptable? No its not.
What is it with Dutch fans and trying to justify behavior because others did something mean as well?
Maybe some people just have an 'agenda' against the Dutch? As we have seen with the case that was posted above which was quite rightly called out in order for fans to get access to pit garages. That in itself is the highest level of being a scumbag there is going.
Yes, I'm sure that's it. If you honestly think that you should probably reflect on your own behavior, because there clearly is something in what you do as a fan that would make you think that is a reason.
Once again, I dont condone any of the above or claims that have been made.
And yet here you are trying to tone down the heft of this situation.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

wogx

chrisc90 wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 23:05
However, If I was victim to a sexual crime, the last place I would be broadcasting it is on Twitter in all honesty. Something just doesnt seem to add up. I mean if someone pulled your trousers down , or lifted a skirt up, exposing your private parts, what would you do realistically? You have the options of 1) Laughing it off if your that way inclined. 2) Reporting it to a steward 3) reporting it to the police 4) telling the world on twitter/social media. I can almost guarantee number 4 would be the last one I would ever dream of. Surely sticking your experience out infront of MILLIONS of people/followers will just bring further embarrassment to yourself.
I wouldn't say how would I behave if I was a groped woman, simply because i never will be a woman, especially groped. As Wisława Szymborska said "we know as much about ourselves as we have been tested". I don't know if it's good or bad, but men are privilleged in this case. There are reports about raped men, but there are more abused women - unfortunately.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

chrisc90

How is not condoning something trying to tone down the situation? If someone was trying to tone down the situation, then the topic would be diverted away or not discussed. You baffle me with that comment.
Also, as a fan, what am I doing that I need to reflect on?
Your first point was the only valid part of your post, the rest was just nonsense and trolling.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

wogx wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 23:41
So, let's go with another piece of pro-Verstappen propaganda /s
Red Bull fans are not constantly drunk & abusive, sometimes they can have some fun together with Mercedes fans
This is the problem with this discussion. Some people are taking any criticism as meaning everyone is being accused of being a drunk and abusive person. That is obviously not the case nor has it been suggested by anyone. It's just an attempt to kill the discussion. Well, well done. You lot win.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

wogx

wogx wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 23:41
So, let's go with another piece of pro-Verstappen propaganda ***/s***
Red Bull fans are not constantly drunk & abusive, sometimes they can have some fun together with Mercedes fans
Do you see it now?
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

dialtone
dialtone

Top view of Russell and Perez incident on the first lap and commentary from Palmer.

PlatinumZealot

Carlos will be firmly number 2 going ahead. As a result Perez will be forced into the number 2 position until Max is fully clear of Charles.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

sosic2121
sosic2121

PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 06:07
Carlos will be firmly number 2 going ahead. As a result Perez will be forced into the number 2 position until Max is fully clear of Charles.
He should have been no.2 long time ago, but even if team decides he is no.2 will he accept it?
Checo moved a mountain last year to help Max win a title, Bottas was always there to help Lewis, but Sainz is just a hindence for Charles. He is more interested in beating Charles(which is a joke) then in doing his job.

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

What the hell is going on in this thread? Did I get re-routed to reddit?

sosic2121
sosic2121

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 13:53
:lol: =D>

deadhead

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Nah, car 16 is due for an engine DNF so we go back to the point difference being small so Sainz is once again "technically" in the fight.

wesley123
wesley123

chrisc90 wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 23:55
How is not condoning something trying to tone down the situation? If someone was trying to tone down the situation, then the topic would be diverted away or not discussed.
"However, If I was victim to a sexual crime, the last place I would be broadcasting it is on Twitter in all honesty. Something just doesnt seem to add up."

You literally question the events legitimacy because a victim mentioned so on twitter.

Or this;
"Even British or Spanish fans aren't angels."
I don't think we can compare fans shouting things to fans specifically targeting people in the crowd.

These remarks really make it seem like you are talking down the significance of the events that happened here by comparison to other events and the way victims dealt with the situation.
Also, as a fan, what am I doing that I need to reflect on?
It was more rhetoric than actually targeted at you. If you for whatever reason feel that something is targeted specifically against you(as a group) when there is no rational reason to think so, then there is clearly something in the way that you behave, which would be something to reflect on. Because well, if you did nothing wrong, why would something be targeted specifically against you?
trolling
People really seem to think that anything that goes against their own views and is confrontational is trolling. It is not. Trolling would be to post something specifically to rile people up(ie. calling George "Jorge"), and that is not my intent here.

It definitely isn't my intent to attack you personally, however what I do see, and is something that I pointed out in your post, is people justifying behavior based on other's behavior.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
Simple: some people are trying to defend the actions of a minority of idiots solely on the basis that both they and the idiots support a certain team / driver.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

PlatinumZealot

sosic2121 wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 13:48
PlatinumZealot wrote:
He should have been no.2 long time ago, but even if team decides he is no.2 will he accept it?
Checo moved a mountain last year to help Max win a title, Bottas was always there to help Lewis, but Sainz is just a hindence for Charles. He is more interested in beating Charles(which is a joke) then in doing his job.
Disagree about Bottas playing number 2 throughout the season. It was many occasions where Bottas stole points from Lewis or refused to block Max, but that's another story.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 01:10
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
Simple: some people are trying to defend the actions of a minority of idiots solely on the basis that both they and the idiots support a certain team / driver.
The minority wasn't that minor and that is what is worrying. :shock: Seems to be widespread smattering of these confrontational individuals.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏