2022 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 30 - Oct 02

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
LHamilton
LHamilton

Re: 2022 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 30 - Oct 02

Right, so Perez fell back more than 10 car lengths THREE times. Lap 10 between turns 13-14, lap 36 turns 9-10 & lap 36 turns 13-14. For the lap 10 incident, he got a reprimand after the race. Lap 36 turns 9-10 he got a telling off from the FIA and turns 13-14 he got 5 seconds.

Nah, that ain't it. That's just super poor stewarding. How that is allowed to happend is beyond me. Lap 10 reprimand I can maybe live with, but the fact that he doesn't get more penalities after that? It's a joke.

F1 is starting to become a real joke. Yeah...

CHT
CHT

It will be a much bigger joke for F1 if Perez and the entire F1 victory celebration amount to nothing.
If there was a serious infringement, a penalty should be announced during the race, not after all that fireworks.

PlatinumZealot

BlueCheetah66 wrote: ↑
02 Oct 2022, 20:06
PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
02 Oct 2022, 18:44
Does anyone else think that AT's were just a bit too easy to overtake by their sister team? What can the FIA do about this?
90% of the time a top team starts or finds themselves further back, lower teams are unlikely to fight it. I'd argue AT are one of the few teams that make it harder for top teams to get past. Should we commend them for it, or are you just a bit selective
It was for track position... The Astons put up a fight didn't they?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

CHT wrote: ↑
03 Oct 2022, 00:34
It will be a much bigger joke for F1 if Perez and the entire F1 victory celebration amount to nothing.
If there was a serious infringement, a penalty should be announced during the race, not after all that fireworks.
The correct result is the important issue, not whether some glitz has been wasted.

Or is it all just what is good for "the F1 show" and the actual outcomes no longer matter? May as well scrap the titles etc., in that case.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

langedweil

03 Oct 2022, 01:38
Does anyone else think that AT's were just a bit too easy to overtake by their sister team? What can the FIA do about this?
90% of the time a top team starts or finds themselves further back, lower teams are unlikely to fight it. I'd argue AT are one of the few teams that make it harder for top teams to get past. Should we commend them for it, or are you just a bit selective
Can't agree with your AT conspiracy (we're kinda familiar with your position), but them AM's surely did get some proper and well deserved points today.
And as I've said before Stroll might not be a highflyer and only be in F1 because of his dad, but in wet races he always does show up somehow.
Good drive from Vettel as well ..
HuggaWugga !

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

langedweil wrote: ↑
03 Oct 2022, 03:37

Can't agree with your AT conspiracy (we're kinda familiar with your position), but them AM's surely did get some proper and well deserved points today.
And as I've said before Stroll might not be a highflyer and only be in F1 because of his dad, but in wet races he always does show up somehow.
I agree with it. AT always make RB easy pass. look at all the race when RB is behind.
2 team with 4 drivers helping RB to get Championship. It is never happened with other teams like, Ferrari, Mercedes, Alpine, AM. this is happening when Alonso lost to Vettel in 2012 final race.
as the RB is drink company they don't follow ethics in motor sport.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

selvam_e2002 wrote: ↑
03 Oct 2022, 06:48

I agree with it. AT always make RB easy pass. look at all the race when RB is behind.
2 team with 4 drivers helping RB to get Championship. It is never happened with other teams like, Ferrari, Mercedes, Alpine, AM. this is happening when Alonso lost to Vettel in 2012 final race.
So you don't remember Ocon letting Hamilton pass in Monaco 2018? Or Toto telling us that George in his williams should never have raced Valterri like that in Imola because they are teammates?

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

AR3-GP wrote: ↑
03 Oct 2022, 06:50

So you don't remember Ocon letting Hamilton pass in Monaco 2018? Or Toto telling us that George in his williams should never have raced Valterri like that in Imola because they are teammates?
My point is this need to be stopped at any team. if one team did then pointing to other team for doing same thing is not right. where is FIA. If some has money to have 3 teams to win a championship? this is sport not a fun show.

Bill
Bill

Drivers who are hyper aggressive and trigger happy like Max ,lewis .yuki made a lot of mistakes for these race, softies like perez and stroll gained a lot but i wonder if their approach will win them much in a normal race were getting your elbows could mean champ.

Sevach
Sevach

It does seem like they don't fight much against RBR, in normal tracks that doesn't mean much, there are a lot of drivers who just let the guy in the much faster car by because wether you fight it or not he's gonna get it anyway.
But Singapore is a track where you can hold up a faster car.

At least Yuki brought the yellows only after Verstappen pitted, i can only imagine the things that would be said here if he brings the yellows just in time to bail out Max.

proteus

This is not completely true. Championship decider of 97 comes to my mind.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

Not at the start of the race. When Verstappen was coming through the field initially, Vettel didn't fight him hard. Why. Because its a losing battle. There is little to gain from fighting with a car much faster than you at the start of the race. At the end of the race, he actually had something to gain from it.

Sieper

They Yuki crash moment was imho very bad for Max, who had already changed tires while Lando still had to and could now do that under VSC and retain track position. Otherwise Max would have undercut him and be in 4th with a chance to catch Sainz who wasn't having great pace.

Max was instructed "opposite to Lando" what if Lando had pitted, as a consequence Max stayed out and Yuki crashed as he did, would we again have insinuation of foul play?

To me all that talk is unnecessary and very opinion splitting. Some time you get lucky on track and sometimes not.

search

Sieper wrote: ↑
03 Oct 2022, 11:45
They Yuki crash moment was imho very bad for Max, who had already changed tires while Lando still had to and could now do that under VSC and retain track position. Otherwise Max would have undercut him and be in 4th with a chance to catch Sainz who wasn't having great pace.
More likely not. The slicks still took a couple of laps to get to speed at that point. Gasly for example was very vocal about it and said the team "threw away" a good result by pitting early.

Verstappen pitted two laps later of course, but also lost 2-3s immediately after pit exit, according to live timing, so I don't think it was much different for him.

Sieper

search wrote: ↑
03 Oct 2022, 14:17
Sieper wrote: ↑
03 Oct 2022, 11:45
More likely not. The slicks still took a couple of laps to get to speed at that point. Gasly for example was very vocal about it and said the team "threw away" a good result by pitting early.

Verstappen pitted two laps later of course, but also lost 2-3s immediately after pit exit, according to live timing, so I don't think it was much different for him.
yeah, you are probably right. Mclaren made the right call there by staying out, the "opposite" action would not have worked.

Likely it was just a try by redbull to get Mclarent to pit, but why then still execute on it. Perhaps they hoped Max could make it work. Mclaren had the best hand there with track position. And track position in the hands of Lando, who I think is one of the quickest guys out there.

But in any case, if Lando had pitted first and then Yuki would have crashed we would see the "see on purpose" comments flowing in here again so I am glad that scenario did not happen. AT is not putting up hard fights with RBR but there is no foul play that I have ever seen. In fact, in canada the Yuki crash also was less then opportune for Max.