2022 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, Oct 07 - 09

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mendis
mendis

Re: 2022 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka, Oct 07 - 09

From the FIA: "The rules regarding the reduced points allocation (article 6.5) only apply in the event of race suspension that cannot be resumed, and therefore full points are awarded and Max Verstappen is World Champion."

cplchanb
cplchanb

InsaneX_Badger wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:34
mzivtins wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:33
mzivtins wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:23
The wdc was fully won here or next race, in extreme circumstances at worse three races.

But what advantage was gained by lec? He didn't maintain a position by leaving the track as if he made the corner he would have had a larger delta to per compared with what he did have.

Telemetry would be good, all the Laps of the two fighting coming through the last chicane and last corner
Actually I believe that it is likely more down to the little squeeze after the incident having seen it more
But then he shouldn't have got a penalty for leaving the track and gaining an advantage. Should be impeding instead.
at least they were consistent.... max was stripped of P3 in mexico for the same thing.

chrisc90

Seerix wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:32
So, last week we had timer run out and then 1 more lap. Today it was only timer run out and complete current lap? I don't get it.
Also, why is the race full points? They did certain % of laps only, didn't they?
6.5 If a race is suspended in accordance with Article 57, and cannot be resumed, points for
each title will be awarded in accordance with the following criteria:
a) No points will be awarded If the leader has completed less than two (2) laps.
b) In each case detailed in Article 6.5c), 6.5d), 6.5e) and 6.5f), no points will be
awarded unless a minimum of two (2) laps have been completed by the leader
without a Safety Car and/or VSC intervention.
c) If the leader has completed two (2) laps but less than 25% of the scheduled race
distance, points will be awarded in accordance with column 1 of the table below.
d) If the leader has completed 25% but less than 50% of the scheduled race distance,
points will be awarded in accordance with column 2 of the table below.
e) If the leader has completed 50% but less than 75% of the scheduled race distance,
points will be awarded in accordance with column 3 of the table below.
f) If the leader has completed 75% or more of the scheduled race distance, full points
will be awarded in accordance with Article 6.4.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Quoted post deleted

In fairness to Max, it's not him that is making this --- up on the fly. He just goes out there and drives brilliantly. =D>
Last edited by Stu on 09 Oct 2022, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted post deleted
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:28
I'm a bit pissed though. I wanted a proper commentary over the line, radio on the in lap, all the fans celebrating. FFS I WANTED SOME DONUTS
Yeah everything was really messy and has left me feeling kinda underwhelmed.

No commentary. No fireworks. No proper team celebration. Genuine confusion about the rules for a long while past the announcement. Its dark and gloomy and it looks like everyone involved just wants to have a rest and go home.

I think regardless of what the races have been like individually, the actual championship itself has been a kind of non story past around the quarter way mark.

mzivtins
mzivtins

ispano6 wrote:
mzivtins wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:30
It's just so weird to me that it can even matter in a sport, it's so weird, are Honda that crushed by issues that we have to delay cost cap issues and lean onto dubious penalties to make it so?
So you're saying it's rigged for Honda?
No, I'm saying that people everywhere keep saying anything bad against Honda will be terrible because they are Japanese, as if things will hurt them so bad.

There is no rigging in delaying a decision, there are other reason, and if it is to save face of Honda, then that is pathetic.

Any culture should have issue with fact and forensic data, and that's true fir Japanese culture, and I'm sure they are that sensitive.

Just a stupid thing being thrown around, if it holds any water then it's pathetic

cplchanb
cplchanb

mendis wrote:
From the FIA: "The rules regarding the reduced points allocation (article 6.5) only apply in the event of race suspension that cannot be resumed, and therefore full points are awarded and Max Verstappen is World Champion."
WOW... mod edit, sweary stuff removed.... so if they resumed racing and got only 10laps in it would be full points still?? WTF is that? Didnt they change the rules last year to address this?!!! instead they created more confusion and needless permutations...50-75% should be judged simply on race distance and not by any loophole procedures like the above... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Last edited by Stu on 09 Oct 2022, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sweary language removed

Andi76
Andi76

F1NAC wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:15
I will remember that.

Just for others..

Not the same incident, BUT.. Perez pushing others at Silverstone. NO PENALTY

If that was RB there would be no penalty.
Absolutely. Its obvious that Red Bull gets treated better when things like that happen. Or Ferrari treated worse, however you want.

But anyway - i think the most important thing is that Verstappen is world champion, even if this is not possible! The rules clearly say that more than 75% of the distance is needed... now i know what some F1 engineers who quit F1 forever meant when they said the reason was that F1 is only about money! Japan, Honda, World Championship.

Sorry, Max deserved it absolutely. But this is a charade. And F1 just made the last step to make it obvious to everyone that "Sport" is definetely not what it is and "Circus" or "Sports Entertainement" is what it is.

EDIT: just read that LOOPHOLE and how it is possible. Ridiculous anyway. Resume a race. Drive one lap. Full points...ridiculous ..
Last edited by Andi76 on 09 Oct 2022, 11:04, edited 2 times in total.

mendis
mendis

Just_a_fan wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:37

In fairness to Max, it's not him that is making this --- up on the fly. He just goes out there and drives brilliantly. =D>
That's the way to put it. Someone else' f*** ups can't take sheen away from the job he does as a driver. FIA need to sort out the house and do a better job in such circumstances.
Last edited by Stu on 09 Oct 2022, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote post deleted

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

InsaneX_Badger wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:31
Can anyone remember the points graphics during the race? We're they displaying the points as if it was full points?
Yes.

I remember because I was thinking God they forgot to account for half points

Seerix
Seerix

Lol this rule is terrible. So in case they RESUME the race and race only 5 laps (for example), they still give full points.

mzivtins
mzivtins

InsaneX_Badger wrote:
mzivtins wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:33
mzivtins wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:23
The wdc was fully won here or next race, in extreme circumstances at worse three races.

But what advantage was gained by lec? He didn't maintain a position by leaving the track as if he made the corner he would have had a larger delta to per compared with what he did have.

Telemetry would be good, all the Laps of the two fighting coming through the last chicane and last corner
Actually I believe that it is likely more down to the little squeeze after the incident having seen it more
But then he shouldn't have got a penalty for leaving the track and gaining an advantage. Should be impeding instead.
True, it was very quick fire from the stewards, I think they have left themselves open for a lot of questions now

DGP123
DGP123

Understatement, that’s it’s been underwhelming. It’s been a woeful season. RB & Max have been brilliant, and, unfortunately, everyone else failed to turn up. FIA also have continued to embarrass themselves and the sport. Sooner this season is over the better really. Shame, after last year.

cplchanb
cplchanb

mzivtins wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:38
ispano6 wrote:
mzivtins wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:30
It's just so weird to me that it can even matter in a sport, it's so weird, are Honda that crushed by issues that we have to delay cost cap issues and lean onto dubious penalties to make it so?
So you're saying it's rigged for Honda?
No, I'm saying that people everywhere keep saying anything bad against Honda will be terrible because they are Japanese, as if things will hurt them so bad.

There is no rigging in delaying a decision, there are other reason, and if it is to save face of Honda, then that is pathetic.

Any culture should have issue with fact and forensic data, and that's true fir Japanese culture, and I'm sure they are that sensitive.

Just a stupid thing being thrown around, if it holds any water then it's pathetic
if anything they are terrible at committment.... first they go now... then they stay a little to help RB...then they want to come back for 2026.. now they apparently are staying with rb again as a supplier... their flip flopping is just legendary now...

InsaneX_Badger

Seerix wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 10:40
Lol this rule is terrible. So in case they RESUME the race and race only 5 laps (for example), they still give full points.
Exactly. Why would they word the rules this way.