Wow, mods are one sided

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
ValeVida46

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

organic wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 00:22
ValeVida46 wrote:
31 May 2023, 23:57

Which I'm totally cool with btw, so long as this is applied equally as "moderation" dictates.
What makes you think things aren't applied equally already?
The evidence on the Mercedes thread. Other team threads can offer news and an exchange of views, with a couple of criticisms thrown in occasionally, but not systematically.
The odd jibe here and there is totally within the norms as to be expected on internetz.
However if you take a look at the Merc thread it's systematic, constant and with a deconstructive application by a vocal and prolific-post-count portion of the user base. That's not normal or anything comparable to the other team threads.
It's systemic destructive/negative discourse.

As can be exemplified with several(tons) examples of Mercedes team members/drivers/techs/bosses being criticised for statements/actions/comments but other teams do not get any flak whatsoever for doing the exact same thing.
And it's very linear and consistent too, daily or weekly several teams will escape the criticisms for identical statements/actions/comments but the Merc thread catches it uniformly.
That's pointed hypocrisy with an axe grinding agenda. I'd give examples but this will have to wait to until the mods can give some feedback on these points.

If it's ok to post daily how bad/terrible/troubled/confused/incompetent/negative behaviours/PR management/cagey/existential crisis/mixed signals a team and it's staff are (and thats just in May, from a couple of posters), then it's ok to pollute other team threads with similar rhetoric. Only the problem then becomes a larger one...

Sieper

Hello mods,

For a time trolling in the team threads was being acted upon. Now it isn’t anymore. Why?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Sieper wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 20:01
Hello mods,

For a time trolling in the team threads was being acted upon. Now it isn’t anymore. Why?
Have you been reading the Merc team thread? Plenty of comments that could be construed as trolling in there as ValeVida46 says.

PZ puts one factually correct comment in the RB thread and you're shouting about trolls.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

DDopey
DDopey

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 20:11
Sieper wrote:
Hello mods,

Have you been reading the Merc team thread? Plenty of comments that could be construed as trolling in there as ValeVida46 says.

PZ puts one factually correct comment in the RB thread and you're shouting about trolls.
It is just too funny that you and @dans79 are now crying foul. I remember you two from three years ago, so freaking annoying and irritating this forum, riding your high horse because Merc. was winning everything. And now crying because this forum has been balanced out. Please!

The mods are doing a great unbiased job. You just can't handle it because the tables have turned.

Sieper

Just_a_fan wrote:
Sieper wrote:
Hello mods,

It’s not only PZ. AMG Tarzan did the exact same thing few days ago.

I don’t go to the Merc thread to troll. If others do I can’t help that but if you feel that way then you agree with my request that it is best to act upon that. As was being done for some time. Not as of late and I wonder why.

If I say anything there it is always positive, contributing to the thread.imho everyone should use that mindset. If you don’t like a team, don’t go there just to vent or troll, contribute or don’t post at all. It can be negative, but for the right purpose.

wesley123
wesley123

DDopey wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 20:26
Just_a_fan wrote:
Sieper wrote:
Hello mods,

It is just too funny that you and @dans79 are now crying foul. I remember you two from three years ago, so freaking annoying and irritating this forum, riding your high horse because Merc. was winning everything. And now crying because this forum has been balanced out. Please!

The mods are doing a great unbiased job. You just can't handle it because the tables have turned.
This trolling attempt was pretty disappointing, to be honest.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

hollus

ValeVida46 wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 09:25
If it's ok to post daily how bad/terrible/troubled/confused/incompetent/negative behaviours/PR management/cagey/existential crisis/mixed signals a team and it's staff are ...
Just for the record, it is not OK. Daily, it is not OK.
Negative posts daily are not OK and positive posts daily are also not OK. Responding daily to counter the daily negative posts just adds to the problem, as does responding daily to counter systematic positive posts.

My point, the problem is in the DAILY part. That is spam.

Negative posts are welcome... if they are reasonable and justified, add new perspectives, etc. And ideally a tad novel, thanks. and definitively in moderation ;-) Trumpeting "this sucks" systematically just to poison the air should and often does get you warnings and eventually a ban if it repeats. Similarly repetitive positive posts should too, but they are more tolerated for reasons that I hope are obvious.
Now, we are guilty of on occasion (often?) failing to notice the slow, drip, drip, drip repetition sufficiently. Like in the example of a frog inside slowly heating water, the occasional glance might miss it. Maybe we could do a better work, but erring on the side of caution is, partly, by design.
Rivals, not enemies.

AMG.Tzan

Sieper wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 20:49
Just_a_fan wrote:
Sieper wrote:
Hello mods,

It’s not only PZ. AMG Tarzan did the exact same thing few days ago.

I don’t go to the Merc thread to troll. If others do I can’t help that but if you feel that way then you agree with my request that it is best to act upon that. As was being done for some time. Not as of late and I wonder why.

If I say anything there it is always positive, contributing to the thread.imho everyone should use that mindset. If you don’t like a team, don’t go there just to vent or troll, contribute or don’t post at all. It can be negative, but for the right purpose.
AMG Tarzan :lol:

Funny how you bring up my name as being a “troll” in here as I’ve never being critiqued as being one the last 10+ I’ve been in this forum!

What was I trolling about exactly in the Red Bull team thread?

When a supporter of a certain team comes out and downplays its dominance saying “Red Bull isn’t ahead in qualifying” trying to portray the 2023 championship as a close battle between the teams then no I’m not going to hold back! Just like you find my comment being just troll, I too saw that guy’s comment as trolling and tried to argue!

Now it’s your problem if you portray someone’s opinion as trolling! But apparently you got annoyed seeing the name Hamilton in Red Bull’s thread (although I didn’t only mention Hamilton)! And these are just facts based purely on performance and results! I wasn’t even trying to compare drivers as I can assure you for example that I believe that Verstapen is a much better Sunday driver than Leclerc again based on performances and results!

So go back and do your check on who was trolling that day downplaying a team’s performance even though it has achieved 6 out of 6 easily! Not to mention that the same guy commented of “build a better car and find better drivers” even though I never even commented on Mercedes’s car or drivers or even critised Red Bull’s car or drivers!

Next time you want to label someone as being a troll go ahead and do your research on the aforementioned user’s past comments and contribution to this forum before posting bs like your comment above…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

dans79

hollus wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 21:37
Now, we are guilty of on occasion (often?) failing to notice the slow, drip, drip, drip repetition sufficiently.
This is the part that many people I know, regardless of what team or driver they are a fan of had/have an issue with!
197 104 103 7

chrisc90

TBH, you might aswell of just said my user name. Not entirely sure how you relate my comments to being 'trolling' but your welcome to your opinion.

I mean if you think its trolling, then why bother engaging in dialogue and making the 'problem' worse? Hit the report button and let the mods decide what the post portrays itself as. No good coming along 5 days later and complaining about it.

I guess if there was a problem, the post would have been gone 5 days ago - the fact it still remains - must suggest something.

Thats all from me on this one. I aint getting involved in the discussions on this thread, but please, use my forum name in future.

hollus

What makes it look like attacking other users in this thread is OK? (It is not, no more, please).
On topic, please! ;-)
Rivals, not enemies.

AMG.Tzan

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 21:57
TBH, you might aswell of just said my user name. Not entirely sure how you relate my comments to being 'trolling' but your welcome to your opinion.
I’m not down to Siper69’s or whatever his name is level, to go ahead and refer to other user’s names just to label them and start an argument as if I know them personally to have the comfort of labeling them in the first place!

I mentioned that “I saw your comment as trolling” even though you too might not have been trolling depending on your own point of view!

What I’m trying to explain here is that everyone has his own point of view! Whether the others perceive this as trolling (just like in my case with you) is only their own problem! That doesn’t mean we have to start an argument of who is trolling and who’s not!

We’ve got twitter after all to be able to troll as much as we like…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

DDopey
DDopey

I think the moderation of this forum has improved a lot. Freedom in the threads that are there for allowing opinions, strict and ontopic in the threads that need to have it. There is more variety and the more technical discussions are returning. Sure there are still some people who are looking for the edge, but there is even more variety amongst them.

dans79

DDopey wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 22:14
There is more variety and the more technical discussions are returning.
I'm not seeing that at all. For example I can tell you Team X has already shown a none trivial change to their car for this weekend, and the appropriate car thread here has no mention of it.
197 104 103 7

hollus

Go ahead and post it?

This forum is never going to be much better than its users. Raising the bar starts with one self and with everyone. This goes both for adding interesting content and for not diluting the content that is there with noise.
Rivals, not enemies.