2022 São Paulo Grand Prix - Interlagos, Nov 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mosin123
Mosin123

Re: 2022 São Paulo Grand Prix - Interlagos, Nov 11 - 13

mendis wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:00
Mosin123 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 13:53
Vanja #66 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 13:43

That ruling is laughable and the single worst steward explanation I've read about in the 12 years I've been looking at them. The fact Max was ahead in T1, side-by-side between T1-2 and slightly behind by T2 means he was slowing down more than Hamilton. There was absolutely no indication he wouldn't have made the corner, none at all. If he needed, he had every right to drive across entire track width between T2 and T3 to turn, but he didn't need that, he was clearly slower than Hamilton on T2 entry, there was no excess speed.

He did compromise his line for faster T3 entry and Hamilton should have been smarter and use that to his advantage. In those corners if you are brave, clever and enter T1 on the inside, you have so many choices and far better position to leave T3 ahead.
No, Max in a slower cornering Redbull, out braked him self / failed to slow enough, hit LH and failed to keep him self on track and forced LH off. Its max's signature move, have you missed the last god knows how many years?
Wrong. He was alongside and never out braked himself. Lewis didn't leave one car's width.
Max FORCED LH off, Stewards said so, i agree, almost all agree but Max fans, suprised? i am not. He did the same last year, forced LH that wide they visited Puru...... As i said, Its max's signature move....... he has been doing it for years.

Mosin123
Mosin123

chrisc90 wrote:
He never outbraked himself at all, he was fully within track limits at turn 1. If he put braked himself, he would have been off the track
Hmm, he did go off track...... and forced LH off too? did you miss that part?

mendis
mendis

Mosin123 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:04
chrisc90 wrote:
He never outbraked himself at all, he was fully within track limits at turn 1. If he put braked himself, he would have been off the track
That's called being crowded in the first place. Lewis didn't give enough space, they touched and both went off.

chrisc90

Mosin123 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:04
chrisc90 wrote:
If you can use the video I posted at the time of the incident to show me where max was off track it would be appreciated

mendis
mendis

Mosin123 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:03
mendis wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 13:53

No, Max in a slower cornering Redbull, out braked him self / failed to slow enough, hit LH and failed to keep him self on track and forced LH off. Its max's signature move, have you missed the last god knows how many years?
Wrong. He was alongside and never out braked himself. Lewis didn't leave one car's width.
Max FORCED LH off, Stewards said so, i agree, almost all agree but Max fans, suprised? i am not. He did the same last year, forced LH that wide they visited Puru...... As i said, Its max's signature move....... he has been doing it for years.
Obviously, stewards were wrong. Stewards said Lewis' fault in Silverstone last year. I am sure you don't agree there. Rule says, one car's width should be allowed for car alongside, which Lewis didn't. I don't have to be a Max fan to say that. If that's how you want to argue, so be it.

mendis
mendis

Simulated video of the incident.

Mosin123
Mosin123

mendis wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:07
Mosin123 wrote:
mendis wrote:
Obviously, stewards were wrong. Rule says, one car's width should be allowed for car alongside, which Lewis didn't.
And as the lead car ( which he was) on the racing line ( which he was) on the right trajectory to make the coner ( he was, max was not) all cars was half on half of at t2 as its the best and fastest route around, maxs tight approach meant he needed to slow more than the widerined merc which was much faster around that section than redbull all weekend long..........

Dont mention stewards, they do make mistakes, but they dont decide championships on rogue rules from a rogue race director. Max was going to fast up the inside with the door ever closing.

In the words of Horner and max, it was hard racing from LH, but fair, max had a choice to back out or crash, he has publicly stated he choose to crash.

Max got the penalty because he was wrong, not lewis. End of.

mendis
mendis

Mosin123 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:16
mendis wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:

Obviously, stewards were wrong. Rule says, one car's width should be allowed for car alongside, which Lewis didn't.
And as the lead car ( which he was) on the racing line ( which he was) on the right trajectory to make the coner ( he was, max was not) all cars was half on half of at t2 as its the best and fastest route around, maxs tight approach meant he needed to slow more than the widerined merc which was much faster around that section than redbull all weekend long..........

Dont mention stewards, they do make mistakes, but they dont decide championships on rogue rules from a rogue race director. Max was going to fast up the inside with the door ever closing.

In the words of Horner and max, it was hard racing from LH, but fair, max had a choice to back out or crash, he has publicly stated he choose to crash.

Lead car was certainly not on racing line. I already posted another image of Lewis' line in the next laps in previous page. Being on racing line, he leaves almost 2 cars width. SO that invalidates rest of your argument.

Stewards are right only when they make decision inline with you. Got it.

Mosin123
Mosin123

mendis wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:18
Mosin123 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:16
mendis wrote:

Lead car was certainly not on racing line. I already posted another image of Lewis' line in the next laps in previous page. Being on racing line, he leaves almost 2 cars width. SO that invalidates rest of your argument.

https://i.postimg.cc/cxhgBNf9/brazil-3.png
No you did a redbull special and posted fabricated evidence. Ill stick to what i seen on the real video, and maxs iwn words. Max chose to hit lewis. My evidence, maxs own words.... So your argument is invalidated, by max.

Stewards said max was going to fast and wouldnt have made the corner, skys report on the incident says the same, even after their agreement to be pro redbull on every thing...

Vanja #66

Mosin123 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:24
No you did a redbull special and posted fabricated evidence. Ill stick to what i seen on the real video, and maxs iwn words. Max chose to hit lewis. My evidence, maxs own words.... So your argument is invalidated, by max.
Please post evidence that Max wouldn't have made the corner, whatever there is. Also post that sentence where Max said he chose to hit Lewis
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

fourmula1
fourmula1

Vanja #66 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 15:00
Mosin123 wrote:
Please post evidence that Max wouldn't have made the corner, whatever there is. Also post that sentence where Max said he chose to hit Lewis
You guys are debating something that is irrelevant. Max would have tried to push Ham (compromise him) wide at exit 100%. That is why Ham has to pinch Max at entry. The FIA and stewards are allowing exactly this as evidenced by the resulting penalty!!! And that is inherently the problem here that you should be discussing. Max and Ham are very hard on one another but it is because of how the FIA has policed track limits, space, and wheel to wheel battles. As Nico mentioned Ham can drive in that grey area...Max came onto the scene and took it a step further. Most of their wheel to wheel action is one and done - one braking zone, one corner, and its over. If one of them concedes the entry, they will lose out on exit and the FIA has allowed that up until the end of last year. Blame the FIA not the drivers.

Also, I like that they penalized some of the lap one/restart incidents. I don't know who came up with "lap one incident" free pass nonsense. These are professionals. I don't care if its in the rain, if its lap one, a restart, whatever...hold them accountable. The racing will improve.

DChemTech
DChemTech

fourmula1 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 15:21
Vanja #66 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 15:00
Mosin123 wrote:
You guys are debating something that is irrelevant. Max would have tried to push Ham (compromise him) wide at exit 100%. That is why Ham has to pinch Max at entry. The FIA and stewards are allowing exactly this as evidenced by the resulting penalty!!! And that is inherently the problem here that you should be discussing. Max and Ham are very hard on one another but it is because of how the FIA has policed track limits, space, and wheel to wheel battles. As Nico mentioned Ham can drive in that grey area...Max came onto the scene and took it a step further. Most of their wheel to wheel action is one and done - one braking zone, one corner, and its over. If one of them concedes the entry, they will lose out on exit and the FIA has allowed that up until the end of last year. Blame the FIA not the drivers.

Also, I like that they penalized some of the lap one/restart incidents. I don't know who came up with "lap one incident" free pass nonsense. These are professionals. I don't care if its in the rain, if its lap one, a restart, whatever...hold them accountable. The racing will improve.
It's not about what Max would have done (in your personal extrapolation), it is about what actually happened. And what actually happened is that Lewis did not adhere to the requirement to leave 1 car width in the corner.

It is also irrelevant if Max would not have made the corner otherwise - if Lewis would have left 1 car room and Max would not have made the corner (and pushed Lewis off or hit him), the onus was clearly on Max and he should be penalized accordingly. But now, he simply did not get the chance to even try and make the corner, because he was not provided the room that, given that he was significantly alongside, was entitled to.

DGP123
DGP123

Put this to bed, or put yourselves to bed. This pointless debate is nearly as boring as this season. Move on.

rogazilla
rogazilla

It is like the majority report... Let's punish what would happen in the future...

Vanja #66

DChemTech wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 15:32
It is also irrelevant if Max would not have made the corner otherwise
Actually it's very relevant. If Max couldn't have taken the corner (which would require massive understeer and about 45 deg slip angle of his tyres), then the steward ruling would have been correct. But he could have - so it wasn't...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie