2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10024 ... -drop-off/

An interview with Franz Tost
Tost is now looking for Tsunoda to continue his all-around progression and raise his game in all aspects: "He has developed quite well. It was not an easy season for him because it was always dependent on car performance. But I must say he improved a lot, especially in the last few races. He was also quite strong in qualifying."

As to the improvement in his temperament specifically, Tost added: "He learned. There were hardly any bad communications or emotional communications on the radio.”
Tost is now looking for Tsunoda to continue his all-around progression and raise his game in all aspects:

"He improved the technical understanding from the mechanical side, from the aerodynamic side, he also improved a little bit the tyre management in the race," assessed Tost. "Then he simply needs to be more concentrated on Formula 1, to be better prepared for everything. It's all the different areas, everything a little bit more. It's not that Yuki doesn't have one big deficiency. No. He is quite good, he is there, but he has to improve in all the different aspects to achieve at the next level."
Some quotes from Tsunoda (same source article):

Unlike at the end of 2021, when Tsunoda was shocked to discover he had retained his seat for 2022 as he did not feel he was worthy of a second season, he at least believes he is more deserving of a third year with the team.

"The whole season, I would say I was fighting with Pierre consistently, especially in the second half," Tsunoda told GPFans in comparing himself to then team-mate Gasly.

"In qualifying, I think I was beating him more than in the races. This is good, I never had it [the previous year] so it is good progress.

"We had a lot of reliability issues and penalties which impacted the championship. It is a shame but much more deserved [to stay]."

ME4ME

Half a season for Yuki to prove himself. Previously he was the rookie in the team. Now he is the more experienced one, at least in number of F1 races. Losing while having his typical bad temper would reflect really poorly on him.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if they put Ricciardo in that seat if Yuki isn't performing and collecting good results.

organic

ME4ME wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 19:03
Half a season for Yuki to prove himself. Previously he was the rookie in the team. Now he is the more experienced one, at least in number of F1 races. Losing while having his typical bad temper would reflect really poorly on him.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if they put Ricciardo in that seat if Yuki isn't performing and collecting good results.
Yeah he has to stamp his authority on his seat, like Gasly did in 2020, if he is to stay

Wouter

New podcast of Tauri Talk: Nyck De Vries & Pyry Salmela - Ep 9

https://alphataurif1.podbean.com/e/nyck ... mela-ep-9/

The Power of Dreams!

Starscreamer

ME4ME wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 19:03

De Vries & Ricciardo =D> sounds great
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Wouter

Former Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda driver Daniil Kvyat has some great news!

Last year he was also supposed to drive in the WEC with G-Drive, but because of the war the Russian team withdrew
and Kvyat had to switch to Nascar at the last minute. But now it has worked. He will drive under a neutral flag.
Good luck Daniil!!💪

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Tsunoda and De Vries test Pirelli rain tyres this weekend

Next weekend, the Pirelli test days will take place at Circuit Paul Ricard. Both Yuki Tsunoda and Nyck de Vries will be in action for Scuderia AlphaTauri.

GPblog asked AlphaTauri which drivers will be featured at the track. A spokesperson replied the following: "I can confirm
that Yuki will drive our AT03 on Friday and Nyck on Saturday." Other teams, including sister team Red Bull Racing, will take the data these drivers collect with them during the upcoming season.
Mercedes will also get the chance to test the rain tyres.
The Power of Dreams!

langedweil

Wouter wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 15:32

Next weekend, the Pirelli test days will take place at Circuit Paul Ricard. Both Yuki Tsunoda and Nyck de Vries will be in action for Scuderia AlphaTauri.

GPblog asked AlphaTauri which drivers will be featured at the track. A spokesperson replied the following: "I can confirm
that Yuki will drive our AT03 on Friday and Nyck on Saturday." Other teams, including sister team Red Bull Racing, will take the data these drivers collect with them during the upcoming season.
Is there some sort of a rotational scheme for these kind of tests to level out possible advantages, or do the bigger teams usually do these things because costs are less of an issue ?
HuggaWugga !

SiLo

langedweil wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 16:45
Wouter wrote:
01 Feb 2023, 15:32

Is there some sort of a rotational scheme for these kind of tests to level out possible advantages, or do the bigger teams usually do these things because costs are less of an issue ?
I think they invite all the teams, but not all of them will want to go due to logistics at this time of year. Not sure how costs factors as I believe Pirelli might have to front some / all of it?
Felipe Baby!

Wouter

. . . HONDA . . .
The Power of Dreams

The Power of Dreams!

organic

https://www.formu1a.uno/how-political-r ... uri-drive/

Tost said political reasons prevented Mick from becoming an Alpha Tauri driver in 2023 rather than De Vries

Now that Mercedes have announced Mick as their reserve, and we know RB-Mercedes having political feuds/battles over the past couple of years: are the two related? ie did Mercedes wanting Mick as reserve preclude RB signing him for AT?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 18:48
https://www.formu1a.uno/how-political-r ... uri-drive/

Tost said political reasons prevented Mick from becoming an Alpha Tauri driver in 2023 rather than De Vries

Now that Mercedes have announced Mick as their reserve, and we know RB-Mercedes having political feuds/battles over the past couple of years: are the two related? ie did Mercedes wanting Mick as reserve preclude RB signing him for AT?
Mick was a free agent.

The political reasons are probably that Helmut didn't support the move. Mick would have 100% chosen a race seat, over a reserve role. Mercedes don't give him his marching orders.

Wouter

Nyck de Vries signs Northwave Cyber Security as his official partner

Utrecht and Monaco – 9 February 2023

Nyck de Vries has landed Northwave Cyber Security as his official partner for the 2023 F1™ season. The Dutchman is driving his first F1™ season in the Scuderia AlphaTauri team. Northwave is headquartered in the Netherlands and provides sophisticated Managed Cyber Security services throughout Europe.

“I am really happy to be able to announce that Northwave will be my official partner for 2023. I have been in contact with them for a few years now. Northwave is a first-generation family business. They really know their stuff, are constantly innovating the cyber security field and focus on trustful, long-term relationships with their client. This exciting new phase in my career is the perfect moment to team up with them.” says de Vries.

Northwave Cyber Security was founded in 2006 and originates in The Netherlands. It is one of Europe’s leading cyber security providers. Next to computer emergency response services, Northwave provides an innovative full-service security office outtasking concept to midsize and large companies. This service combines 24*7 intelligence driven monitoring detection and response of all organisational, technical and human aspects into one reliable cyber security operation.

Steven Dondorp, founder and CEO of Northwave Cyber Security: “Our people are excited that Northwave is able to support Nyck on his journey in Formula 1. Many of them, including myself, are his fans. Nyck’s abilities, confidence and perseverance are key attributes that we also rely on in protecting the business of our clients. We keep them resilient in a world where the threat landscape is consistently evolving, and professional resources are getting more scarcer. Night and day, our confident crews are the independent second pair of expert eyes that every company needs to ensure control over cyber security and compliance.”

Nyck de Vries will be endorsing Northwave’s mission to provide a safe digital journey. The Northwave brand will be prominent on Nyck’s racing helmet and racing cap. The Northwave team will be cheering him on throughout the F1™ season.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

presence of red is already good. Livery won't be as boring as last year.

Red brought by incoming Orlen most likely

Wouter

And more (Orlen) RED in this video.

The Power of Dreams!