2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

Not only Max his physio Bradly is leaving the Red Bull Family, also Yuki's physio Michael Italiano does!

The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

ME4ME wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 15:47
I strongly disagree, Tost isn't a legend he is a poor leader if he's trowing one department after the other under the bus. Last year it was the design engineers that he "lost all confidence in". Now its the strategy team.
Its not that those departments and people are blameless, but they are under Tost oversight. Tost is all about retrospective blame and none about putting things right.

What Alpha Tauri has been guilty of is doing is half hearted strategies at times; neither a perfect one nor a perfect two stop. Sometimes they got forced into doing another pit stop 5-10 laps before the end because they ran out of tyres.
At least this time in Abu Dhabi they committed to a strategy.

Yuki could run his race in clean air, saved 20+sec on a pit stop and if a safety car would've come out before his stop he would've been golden. As things turned out, a two stop was maybe the better strategy, but the one stop certainly wasn't a totally stupid one.
it was pretty clear from first few lap that 2 stop strategy was the better one because of high degradation .strategy is not something you come up with before race and then apply so you need to think on your feet and look at race condition then act accordingly .yuki overachieved he made a one stop work something sainz failed in a much faster car.lewis had problems at end despite being on 2 stop so one stop was always a big ask.

search

ME4ME wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 15:47
What Alpha Tauri has been guilty of is doing is half hearted strategies at times; neither a perfect one nor a perfect two stop. Sometimes they got forced into doing another pit stop 5-10 laps before the end because they ran out of tyres.
At least this time in Abu Dhabi they committed to a strategy.

Yuki could run his race in clean air, saved 20+sec on a pit stop and if a safety car would've come out before his stop he would've been golden. As things turned out, a two stop was maybe the better strategy, but the one stop certainly wasn't a totally stupid one.
yeah, thinking about it, I definitely agree. The window to benefit from a SC was massive, both before the stop, as well as during the final stint - when he (more or less) would have been the only one with new tires left in the pits. It potentially could have turned into a strategy to get on the podium with.

And even on a two-stopper, it's not a given that he would have finished much better. Alonso pitted too early to defend against the undercut, so Tsunoda would have needed to pass him on track.

organic

Iwasa, tsunoda and ricciardo all driving at the post-season test tomorrow

Wouter

organic wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 21:11
Iwasa, tsunoda and ricciardo all driving at the post-season test tomorrow
Thank you for this info.
The Power of Dreams!

HPD

CHT wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 16:51
They may have other things in mind, like to allow Yuki to lead the race as send-off.
I admit that was quite impressive and exciting. :lol:
I'm very happy with Yuki, I don't mind her screaming on the radio, I just need it to be fast.

CHT
CHT

HPD wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 01:30
CHT wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 16:51
They may have other things in mind, like to allow Yuki to lead the race as send-off.
I admit that was quite impressive and exciting. :lol:
I'm very happy with Yuki, I don't mind her screaming on the radio, I just need it to be fast.
Driver of the day. yeah baby

skoop
skoop

To me it seems like Franz was forced out of the team due to the lack of performance. If it was up to him, he wouldn't have retired. Therefore he's lashing out at the team - first the engineers and now the strategy team.

Wouter

skoop wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 10:12
To me it seems like Franz was forced out of the team due to the lack of performance.
If it was up to him, he wouldn't have retired.

Therefore he's lashing out at the team - first the engineers and now the strategy team.
A few years ago Franz Tost already told Dietrich Mateschitz that het wanted to retire before he becomes 70 years old.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Wouter wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 14:00
As I said before the race about the strategy:

From PlanetF1.com:
Tost puts the blame solely on the AlphaTauri strategists.

“I’m pissed because we were too stupid to choose a correct strategy and because I had a lot of discussions on the pit wall because I said, bring Yuki in, we’re closed slowly,” he told Sky Deutschland.

“I was told that it would work out,” he added. “It’s pure arithmetic. I actually realised straight away that it probably wouldn’t work out.

“I’ll say now: A seventh place was 100 percent realistic for Yuki. Sixth, not so much, because Perez was behind us in qualifying and was simply faster [in the race]. So you had to take that into account that he was ahead.”
Sky Deutschland where he said these things:
Franz Tost (Teamchef AlphaTauri) ...

... zum Rennen: "Ich bin stocksauer, da wir zu blöd waren, eine richtige Strategie zu wählen. Ich hatte Diskussionen an der Boxenmauer und habe gesagt, dass wir Yuki reinholen sollten. Mir wurde gesagt, dass es sich schon ausgehen würde. Das ist reine Arithmetik - ich habe erkannt, dass es wahrscheinlich sich nicht ausgehen würde. Ein siebter Platz war realistisch für Yuki. Ein sechster Platz nicht, da Perez hinter uns und einfach schneller war. Dass uns Alonso noch überholt, ist ein einfaches No-Go. Das haben wir vermurkst, weil die Herren Techniker, die stundenlang vor den Computern sitzen, es nicht hinbekommen haben, die Strategie auszurechnen, die letztendlich funktioniert."

... zur Leistung von Yuki Tsunoda: "Yuki ist ein sehr gutes Rennen gefahren. Wir müssen ihm ein gutes Auto und Strategie geben, dann ist er dabei."
...on Yuki Tsunoda's performance: "Yuki drove a very good race. We have to give him a good car and strategy, then he'll be there."
"I'm pissed off since we were too stupid to choose a correct strategy.
We screwed it up because the technicians who sit in front of the computers for hours couldn't figure out the strategy,
which ultimately works."
I will certainly give my opinion on this in the debrief later! :evil: "

The Power of Dreams!

skoop
skoop

Wouter wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 11:08
skoop wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 10:12
To me it seems like Franz was forced out of the team due to the lack of performance.
If it was up to him, he wouldn't have retired.

Therefore he's lashing out at the team - first the engineers and now the strategy team.
A few years ago Franz Tost already told Dietrich Mateschitz that het wanted to retire before he becomes 70 years old.
Well, theoretically that gives him three more years :). But I see where you're coming from. Maybe I'm seeing things and he is just frustrated that they left something on the table.

runningmanz
runningmanz

McLaren said AT was the fastest through the slow corners at Abu Dhabi. If they can sort the top speed out for a start the car will be really strong next year at many tracks. Excited to see how the team goes next season.

"In Abu Dhabi last weekend, McLaren Team Principal Andrea Stella remarked that according to their data, the fastest car through the slow corners was the AlphaTauri."

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... UGUhz.html

Just to add too they already had push rod rear and now the same as RBR since Singapore but apparently the front will be pull rod too like RBR and McLaren. From article in April this year

"Cooperationwith Red Bull Racing will be intensified, team boss Franz Tost said last week. AlphaTauri will reportedly use at least the big brother's front suspension in 2024. This is a fairly major intervention and a significant change to the concept of the car, as the current number nine among the constructors currently uses a conventional pushrod front suspension, while Red Bull's is pullrod."

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/196519/a ... -2024.html

Again lots to be excited for next year!

Wouter

AlphaTauri to address side-effects of low-speed prowess with 2024 F1 car

AlphaTauri conceded turning its low-speed weakness into a head-turning strength has hurt its drag level, which has become a priority to address for the 2024 Formula 1 season.

Nov 30, 2023, 6:12 PM

The Anglo-Italian squad grabbed attention with its raft of steady floor upgrades in recent months, that according to McLaren team boss Andrea Stella had made the AT04 the best car in low-speed corners by the season finale in Abu Dhabi.

It allowed the team to have a late go at Williams for seventh in the constructors' championship, but from sixth on the grid a one-stop gamble for Yuki Tsunoda didn't pay off as he dropped to eighth, which left AlphaTauri three points adrift.

While its aggressive approach to introducing upgrades has given the team a performance boost towards the latter third of the season, it has also exaggerated its straight-line weakness.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/alpha ... /10553654/
The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

Have they said when they will unveil their new identity? Will it be at car launch time or before?

Wouter

bigblue wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 00:38
Have they said when they will unveil their new identity? Will it be at car launch time or before?
I have no idea.
The Power of Dreams!