2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
j_ste
j_ste

Re: 2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

That would have been incredible but no chance Horner risks any genuine battle with Max.

hollus

/Red Bull mode off/ Thanks.
Rivals, not enemies.

ValeVida46

Bizarre why a team boss would come out and chat about another under contract driver coming to them for a contract.
Denied by Hamilton now.

Quoted by Deni:

Lewis Hamilton: “I know [the story] has come from Christian. I don’t really understand what he’s been talking about because no one, as far as I’m aware, from my team has spoken to him. I haven’t spoken to Christian in years.”

“However, he did reach out to me earlier in the year about meeting up. But that’s it. I’m not sure, I just think he’s stirring things.”

chrisc90

Toto in a spot of bother

j_ste
j_ste

chrisc90 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:34 pm

Toto in a spot of bother
Ha...in trouble for having the FIA and F1's back. Kinda funny

chrisc90

What was said?

Luscion
Luscion

chrisc90 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:32 pm
What was said?
they both said the F bomb during the press conference, Toto went off on a reporter and dropped the f bomb and Fred was asked about what happened with the drain cover, was pissed and also dropped the f bomb
Last edited by Luscion on Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Luscion
Luscion

And nothing came of it, both just got warnings

organic

Personally I think Horner tried to create a story/narrative that's negative for Merc environment. He's just playing the shitstirring game he always does. Maybe he's bored, maybe trying to undermine Merc

Certainly it will create a certain angle for the media this weekend and going into the off-season when news is scarce

I'm sure there's always communication from prominent drivers like Lewis to other teams before renewing. It wouldn't shock anyone if Alonso's team is reaching out to RB before he renews for AMR I think - so it shouldn't shock with Lewis either IMO.

ValeVida46

Hamilton: “If you really think about it, there are a lot of people here that like to drop my name in conversations because they know it will make waves and if you are a little bit lonely, and are not getting much attention, that is the perfect thing to do, just mention my name.”

Luscion
Luscion

organic wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:29 pm
Personally I think Horner tried to create a story/narrative that's negative for Merc environment. He's just playing the shitstirring game he always does. Maybe he's bored, maybe trying to undermine Merc

Certainly it will create a certain angle for the media this weekend and going into the off-season when news is scarce

I'm sure there's always communication from prominent drivers like Lewis to other teams before renewing. It wouldn't shock anyone if Alonso's team is reaching out to RB before he renews for AMR I think - so it shouldn't shock with Lewis either IMO.
I'm leaning towards the shitstirring too but you think it could be the case that someone from his team contacted Horner without him knowing? i dont think Lewis is lying that he never contacted RB considering how hard hes going in on Horner

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Does anyone know how long Lewis's current contract is and if there are car performance clauses in it?

Luscion
Luscion

AR3-GP wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:04 pm
Does anyone know how long Lewis's current contract is and if there are car performance clauses in it?
Both him and George signed for two years, no idea about the clauses though

organic

ValeVida46 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:02 pm
Bizarre why a team boss would come out and chat about another under contract driver coming to them for a contract.
Denied by Hamilton now.

https://twitter.com/wbuxtonofficial/sta ... 3971494169

Quoted by Deni:
https://twitter.com/fiagirly/status/1727658586266878451

Lewis Hamilton: “I know [the story] has come from Christian. I don’t really understand what he’s been talking about because no one, as far as I’m aware, from my team has spoken to him. I haven’t spoken to Christian in years.”

“However, he did reach out to me earlier in the year about meeting up. But that’s it. I’m not sure, I just think he’s stirring things.”
As per BBC Sport:
Questioned about the discrepancy between the two versions of events, a Red Bull spokesperson said Hamilton's father was the one who made contact with Horner.

Luscion
Luscion

so either Lewis' dad went behind his back and never told him any of this or RB and Horner are full of it