WorldSBK 2023

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: WorldSBK 2023

Toprak's ride was when he overtaken by Bautista and crash Rea made seem to me a bit strange. This is why I am saying it.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

A good behind the scenes insight. Showing the sensitivity of just a shock absorber factory change. He states the bike is good, I think he mant balance between front and rear, couldnt quite pick up about the grip, but where has the performance gone?
What would you do if you were J. Rea, switch camps or?

etusch

Changes will come into immediate effect for the fourth round of the 2023 World Superbike season

The FIM and Dorna WSBK Organization (DWO) have announced updated rev limits in the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship category, starting from this weekend’s event at the Prosecco DOC Catalunya Round.

After receiving the analysis of the relative performance of the machines over the first three rounds of the 2023 season, the maximum rev limit for Ducati will be decreased by 250 rpm - as per article 2.4.2.2-3* of the regulations. Also starting from this weekend, Kawasaki has elected to use 5 concession points to benefit from a 250 rpm rev limit increase as per article 2.4.3.3 of the regulations.

*The rev limit may be updated (according to Art. 2.4.2.3) at the end of every 3rd event provided at least 3 events remain in the season.
https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2023/W ... ya%20Round