2023 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
clownfish
clownfish

Re: 2023 Haas F1 Team

This is now officially confirmed

mendis
mendis

Good riddance. The guy was just a clown providing entertainment and couldn't do anything in making the team succeed on any parameters.

stephen

I hope this will change their fortunes as well because I believe that they have good enough drivers to not finish the season at the bottom of the constructors' Championship like they did 2023.
Stephen Marengo
My F1 favorites: Community | Team | Driver

Sofa King
Sofa King

An Andretti/Haas 50/50 joint venture makes too much sense

Zynerji

clownfish wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 19:04
This is now officially confirmed
:D

chrisc90

Haas-ta La Vista Guenther.

Not really surprised at the exit really.

Zynerji

diffuser wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 11:05
Zynerji wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 03:16
So. No one talking about Nico using the old spec car and being faster than the new spec.

When will this complete failure of a team principal be held accountable for how awful this is? Can anyone explain the relentless disappointment of this team, and how its allowed to continue?

The fact that Steiner is still employed in F1 is utterly mind boggling to me. 🤯
Cause you keep thinking he's there to win but he gets paid to survive. As far as Haas is concerned, Steiner is better than Horner. Haas basically work out of a suitcase. They will be a perpetual bottom dweller until that changes.
This aged well...😏😂

ispano6

Sofa King wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 20:58
An Andretti/Haas 50/50 joint venture makes too much sense
Indeed, though I would have thought with Honda power. Stroll probably wouldn't have OK'd that though.
It'd be interesting to see if Komatsu at the helm brings a different look to the team, if at least in the form of sponsors and suppliers. Especially for 2026 when the regulations change.

With Honda's F1 operation being increasingly under HRC and with greater involvement from the HPD side, Haas Acura/Honda could be an attractive "American" outfit to rival Andretti Cadillac too.

FW17

Good riddance to the worst TP.

Wish Haas a good way forward.

DDopey
DDopey

I think Guenther's call to get Hulkenberg and replace Schumacher was quite bold, but the right call, but it did not make him many friends. I dont think he is to blame for the failing of the Haas team.

FW17

DDopey wrote:
11 Jan 2024, 09:44
I think Guenther's call to get Hulkenberg and replace Schumacher was quite bold, but the right call, but it did not make him many friends. I dont think he is to blame for the failing of the Haas team.
It is completely his fault.

1. Convinced Gene Haas not to buy Manor entry, lost out on the price money

2. Going racing without a concord agreement

3. Having 3 locations of operation that became 4

4. Sticking Esteban Gutierrez in the car

5. Sticking with same driver pairing for every year who brought no money to the team, while there was no money coming from sponsors

6. Getting on board with with Rich Energy without DD, maybe that was partly Gene Haas too

7. Firing Schumacher and getting Hulk in

The difference in opinion between Haas and Stiner was on investment to move the team forward.

> There was no plan in where the team would like to be based. What are people doing at Banbury, why buy that place?

>The car was designed at Dallara and then Maranello, made from parts manufactured by Dallara, Maranello and USA but way not base the team in Italy?

>Stainer as boss of the team never spoke of a plan to move forward.

>He wanted investment to build up something new somewhere, but wanted Gene to foot the bill while till date has not delivered consistently with the set up he placed

> Why not fund the expansion with Felipe Drugovich, Theo Pourchaire, Marcus Ericson or Nicolas Latifi money

Gunter style of management for Haas

diffuser

FW17 wrote:
11 Jan 2024, 10:19
DDopey wrote:

5. Sticking with same driver pairing for every year who brought no money to the team, while there was no money coming from sponsors

6. Getting on board with with Rich Energy without DD, maybe that was partly Gene Haas too

The difference in opinion between Haas and Stiner was on investment to move the team forward.

> There was no plan in where the team would like to be based. What are people doing at Banbury, why buy that place?

>The car was designed at Dallara and then Maranello, made from parts manufactured by Dallara, Maranello and USA but way not base the team in Italy?

>He wanted investment to build up something new somewhere, but wanted Gene to foot the bill while till date has not delivered consistently with the set up he placed

> Why not fund the expansion with Felipe Drugovich, Theo Pourchaire, Marcus Ericson or Nicolas Latifi money

https://www.economyhandicrafts.com/medi ... /ga213.jpg
The telling sign of Haas's problem is that the TP is also sales head and is responsible for bringing in revenue ..... sarcasm.

I'm not saying Gunther was a good TP, just saying it isn't their biggest problems. Hard to judge how good he is. That being said, he wouldn't be the guy I was looking for if I was looking for a good TP.

I wonder if they'll hire Omar ?

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
11 Jan 2024, 10:19
DDopey wrote:

https://www.economyhandicrafts.com/medi ... /ga213.jpg
Maybe you don't know that for every decision, Günter Steiner had to first call Gene Haas to get his permission.
Gene Haas has always been in control. Steiner had nothing to say!!

Now that there is another TP, nothing will change at all!
Moreover, Gene Haas wanted it to cost as little money as possible. Steiner did not receive any money to realize his plans!
The Power of Dreams!

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

For me a bit have deja vu with Haas and Aston. Both team brought packages and those wasn't work(at least not immediately). Aston the perfect example,how a little almost for eyes not visible change can effect the car and tyres performance radically. One day you fight at end of the field and other day you fight front of the field (USA-Brazil). The only difference between the 2 tem is ,that Aston could understand,research and solve the problem,but at Haas they don't understand the car,they don't understand the tyres. You just can't develop a car if you don't try to understand first. What I want to say is, you can find more performance if you optimalize and try to understand the car how is work,instead of just try to solve the problem with other problems.

FW17

Wouter wrote:
11 Jan 2024, 13:14
Maybe you don't know that for every decision, Günter Steiner had to first call Gene Haas to get his permission.
Gene Haas has always been in control. Steiner had nothing to say!!

Now that there is another TP, nothing will change at all!
Moreover, Gene Haas wanted it to cost as little money as possible. Steiner did not receive any money to realize his plans!
HAAS WAS 'STEINER F1 TEAM' IN ALL BUT NAME
As per the most reputed F1 news outlet.