2023 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Otromundo

Re: 2023 Alpine F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
28 May 2023, 20:04
JordanMugen wrote:
28 May 2023, 17:52
Great job by Ocon in Monaco, just superb! =D>
He has saved Szafnauer's job ahead of the next meeting with the boss in Spain.
The boss better be quiet in his office and let the team work. To pay a courtesy visit during the Spanish GP to congratulate and encourage them... and little else. For me, Alpine has been the best team today. The boss can't complain: Monaco, rise from the ashes almost, a podium... he won't believe it. Things as they are.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Big Tea

Otromundo wrote:
28 May 2023, 20:58
KimiRai wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:
The boss better be quiet in his office and let the team work. To pay a courtesy visit during the Spanish GP to congratulate and encourage them... and little else. For me, Alpine has been the best team today. The boss can't complain: Monaco, rise from the ashes almost, a podium... he won't believe it. Things as they are.
The boss only knows what he is told by 'underlings' (unless he worked his way up from the floor)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

diffuser

Pretty impressive how they've improved low and medium speed traction from last year. To bad the big boss got out manouvered by Stroll and hung onto Alo. For Alpine, it would have been a 2,3 finish... Not that Alonso has any regret.

JordanMugen

KimiRai wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:
Speaking of the boss, Laurent Rossi is still talking about the team in the third person while taking credit for motivating the turn-around! :D

“I am happy for the team,” said Rossi, who, when asked if he felt his words in Miami had proved galvanising, replied: “I would hope so. It’s a bit early to say that.

“But it certainly had one effect, which is to say we were not going to be satisfied with this, there’s a couple of things we need to improve.

“The performance of the car, as I said back then, will take time. It needs regular updates, upgrades on the car, and we will do it.

“Operational excellence? They did it and I’m glad, and then the mindset. They have also exhibited a very good mindset over the past two races so whether it (his remarks) worked or not, they are now doing what was missing so I’m happy.”
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/05/29/al ... ent-rossi/

I wonder why Rossi talks about the team in the third person, rather than "we"? :?:

If I'm not mistaken fellow CEOs Brown and Elkann rarely talk about their factory racing teams as "they".

organic

continuum16

No doubt Monaco was good, but I’ll believe they’ll be ahead of Merc in Spain when I see it. Last year Spain was Mercedes’ best track (or at least top 3) so let’s just wait and see. After many years of overpromising and under-delivering I’m not quite ready to just give them the benefit of the doubt just yet. But I’d always welcome a closer race at the front so I hope Permane is right.

Given how well they went in Monaco, perhaps they’re yet another team that would have benefitted from keeping the chicane in Barcelona.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

organic

Checked with someone who can offer a better translation..
What the title says: immer vor Mercedes (always)

What the intro says: regelmäßig vor Mercedes (regularly)

What Permane actually said: "auch im nächsten Rennen vor Mercedes" (in the next race as well)
So I think the claim is not so bold when you actually read the quote. So he was saying they expect to beat Mercedes at Barcelona. A bold claim but not as bold as saying always expecting to be ahead now

diffuser

organic wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:25

What Permane actually said: "auch im nächsten Rennen vor Mercedes" (in the next race as well)
So I think the claim is not so bold when you actually read the quote. So he was saying they expect to beat Mercedes at Barcelona. A bold claim but not as bold as saying always expecting to be ahead now
In the race, it will come down to tire wear. That track eats tires.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:49
organic wrote:

Alpine haven't been too bad on tires. Nothing like Ferrari for example.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
31 May 2023, 23:11
diffuser wrote:
organic wrote:

Their race pace in Monaco was really slow....

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 02:55
AR3-GP wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Ocon didn't have to push. Remember Alonso last year?

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 04:30
diffuser wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 02:55
AR3-GP wrote:

Ocon didn't have to push. Remember Alonso last year?
Yeah, they both tried to avoid a 2nd pit stop at at track it's impossible to pass on.

Enstone
Enstone

Ocon was coy on the reason for his A523's performance slump in race trim, but suggested that Alpine had a clear understanding of the issue.

"I think we know, yes, but making it change is going to be more tricky," he admitted.

"But what we have to remember from the last two weeks is that I've scored 19 points in two races. This is a weekend we can be extremely proud of, and we made a huge step forward in terms of car pace.

"And I'm sure we can keep that going and find an extra leg into the race."

https://f1i.com/news/476822-ocon-alpine ... icant.html

organic

Duchessa reports:
In Canada, Alpine will also bring an important package of updates , after the one that made its debut in Monaco: in the last race, the French car kept up with Aston Martin, confirming itself about a second (or slightly less) behind Red Bull.
https://formu1a.uno/anteprima-gp-canada ... -mercedes/

KimiRai
KimiRai

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-al ... /10485820/

Alpine will bring a new front wing for Austria, a circuit that Szafnauer says should suit the car well.