F1 Fantasy League 2023

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
BorisTheBlade

Re: F1 Fantasy League 2023

On another note:
There is also the official F1 Fantasy game on formula1.com
It is free after registration and has no pay-to-win aspects as FantasyGP has. The idea is basically the same but the ruleset differs a bit. Especially it will get locked before the first free practice session.
I had a quick look - sounds nice. I registered and will do that in parallel, as the effort is negligible. Anybody already took part in former years? Experience?

I also created a F1technical.net league. Would be glad if some would join: https://fantasy.formula1.com/en/leagues ... 2NFVLZQV10

Remark:
Although you can create up to three teams, you can join this league only with one of your teams. This is in order to not to clutter the league too much.

/edit: And this is the League code: C2NFVLZQV10

/edit2: Oh, and sorry @Steven for maybe rushing things too much. If you would like to be the owner of an "official" F1technical league on that platform, please let me know. I will immediately delete this one and gladly join your one ;)
Last edited by BorisTheBlade on 27 Feb 2023, 22:05, edited 4 times in total.

BorisTheBlade

hollus wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 21:40
BorisTheBlade wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 21:35
Just a question to everyone:
So is it expected from people in this topic to tell about?
No, it is not. But all free to do so. The most competitive types probably won't, the ones in it more for the fun, might.

I am not telling my new, super-secret, maybe just-for-this-year strategy. Not until it makes me win by race 18, of course, then I'll rub it on.
Thanks for reaffirmation.
I intend to do exactly the same as you, just vice versa ^^

chrisc90

Thing is if you pay you can see others teams after the first race I believe.

What really matters is your predictions come race day, since you can choose from the full grid.

Your teams just score you extra points on where they finish I believe.

For example I have Verstappen as my #1 driver, but come race day I could chose Perez to grab pole and win the race.....

CMC
CMC

BorisTheBlade wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 07:22
jrionegro wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 00:30
The champions Team:
Pilots: Verstapen - Hamilton - Alonso
Cars: Aston Martin - Alfa Romeo - Williams

Total price 75 M
We'll see 😉
I had the same thought, but I believe the "Champions' Team" reference was simply that his driver line up are all ones that have won the WDC, lol.
Last edited by CMC on 28 Feb 2023, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.

CMC
CMC

BorisTheBlade wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 21:43
On another note:
It is free after registration and has no pay-to-win aspects as FantasyGP has. The idea is basically the same but the ruleset differs a bit. Especially it will get locked before the first free practice session.
I had a quick look - sounds nice. I registered and will do that in parallel, as the effort is negligible. Anybody already took part in former years? Experience?

I also created a F1technical.net league. Would be glad if some would join: https://fantasy.formula1.com/en/leagues ... 2NFVLZQV10

Remark:
Although you can create up to three teams, you can join this league only with one of your teams. This is in order to not to clutter the league too much.

/edit: And this is the League code: C2NFVLZQV10

/edit2: Oh, and sorry @Steven for maybe rushing things too much. If you would like to be the owner of an "official" F1technical league on that platform, please let me know. I will immediately delete this one and gladly join your one ;)
I'm in. Thanks!

604gtir
604gtir

BorisTheBlade wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 21:35
Just a question to everyone:
IMHO telling others of what your team consists of poses a self-inflicted disadvantage. So is it expected from people in this topic to tell about? Specifically, is this considered to be discussed beforehand instead of after-the-fact?
what if its not my real team, and im just blurring out the floor and diffuser parts of the photo

BorisTheBlade

604gtir wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 02:08
what if its not my real team, and im just blurring out the floor and diffuser parts of the photo
Psychological warfare? Nice, hadn't thought about this one ;)

Bisonas

I am thinking of taking part this year for the first time.

A fast question.

Team get full points for both drivers right? If let's say we have RedBull as a team and they make 1-2 in the race Team gets 43 points even if we haven't any red bull driver picked.
Correct?

hollus

Yes.
Rivals, not enemies.

BorisTheBlade

But: For FantasyGP there are a lot of points only to be gained by drivers. In this way it is much more balanced than the Formula1, erm, one.

flynfrog

All signed up and ready to go

chrisc90

38 participants. Good going and still a few days left.

Seriously dont know what to do with Alpha Tauri on my selections. Not much to choose from other than

Bisonas

BorisTheBlade wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 21:43
On another note:
On F1 Fantasy the deadline lock for the weekend is at Qualifying start time. Saturday for normal weekends and Friday on sprint race weekends. At least that was the case for the past few years because i remember always watching the practice sessions before finalizing my teams for the weekend. I didn't check if they changed anything but i don't think they did.

BorisTheBlade

Yes, especially because of FantasyGP's ruleset I mentioned this significant difference.

chrisc90

Being open until Qualifying is much better as it gives you chance to see whats going on during the Free Practice sessions. You'd be disappointed if you selected cars and they turned up to the weekend with a dud.