Aston Martin AMR23

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PhillipM
PhillipM

Re: Aston Martin AMR23

Stu wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 10:48
From looking at the picture posted above, it looks as though the slide has a kicker at the rear end, any air ‘trapped’ in the slide is going to have a lot of energy by the time it hits the beam wing.
I personally think the 'kick up' at the end is to make the flow less affected by yaw and side slip - a little upwards momentum there would reduce spillover from the outside in yaw, as the sidepod that's 'shielding' the flow tapers away.

muelte
muelte

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 16:47
muelte wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 15:04
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 14:55

Okay I see I was fooled by the fake renders that AM released.
Which fake renders you mean?
https://i.imgur.com/yal43Gw.jpg
I'm late to reply, but I don't think that was a render, but a studio photo. Look at the level of detail, the carbon fiber with slightly different weaves, the small imperfections on panel joints, the tyres, even dirt...

GoodYearGrip

Kyle at Kyle.Engineers provides a detailed analysis of the AMR23 in this video.

00:00 Introduction
00:55 Front Wing
06:00 Bargeboard and Mid Floor
09:29 T Tray
10:36 Floor Edge
12:47 Sidepods
17:30 Cooling
18:40 Diffuser
If you're never over eight-tenths or whatever, because you're thinking about a shunt, you're not going as quick as you can. And if you're not doing that, you're not a racing driver

Gilles Villeneuve

Holm86

GoodYearGrip wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 19:10
Kyle at Kyle.Engineers provides a detailed analysis of the AMR23 in this video.

00:00 Introduction
00:55 Front Wing
06:00 Bargeboard and Mid Floor
09:29 T Tray
10:36 Floor Edge
12:47 Sidepods
17:30 Cooling
18:40 Diffuser
Already posted in this thread weeks ago

muzzytt
muzzytt

Is it me or is there a peice missing off the floor edge I can see screw holes Rb have a peice there too

Blackout

No it's an RB floor edge

organic

A look at the floor fences... Very parallel/uniform

Autosport 📸

xReVo
xReVo

I've read that Krack stated that the Aston has switched to rear push rod. How is this thing possible, that's clearly a pull road

organic

xReVo wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 13:17
I've read that Krack stated that the Aston has switched to rear push rod. How is this thing possible, that's clearly a pull road
Post the quote? Or the source where you have read it?

avantman
avantman

organic wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 13:19
xReVo wrote:
What's the point of asking the source whilst it's clearly not the case? Probably someone's confused Krack with Harman..

LOL :mrgreen:
I actually just saw the quote, don't know what to think even:
Another important aspect should not be forgotten: the exhaust of the cooling flows which come out of the car body and which are channeled towards the rear wing profiles.

“The switch from pull-rod to push-rod was the main change to the rear, sure, because it gives us interesting aerodynamics. It also freed up some space to have other internal systems for mechanical adjustment of the balance that we needed. So, sure, it’s an important part. But it’s not the only one.”

“There are also some cooling aspects that have proven very useful at the rear of the car, with regards to the way the car pushes the flow out of the radiators and into the rear wing. So the whole rear end is still in full swing. development stage. There’s still a lot to do.”

“We made some design choices related to the rear suspension arms in order to make them work as aerodynamic elements that work together with the bodywork and the rear wing. It’s a question of flow management, how we manage the channels in the bodywork and direct them towards the wing. During the design phase, we tried to link the components so that they work together with more synergy to improve the flows that pass from inside the bodywork and arrive at the end”.

Aston Martin presented an interesting car in the tests, but the engineers of the British team could not help but spy on the competition to understand what the design principles adopted had been and, if necessary, interesting innovations from which to take inspiration during the course of the season.

“During the three days of testing in Sakhir we saw some interesting things. But we also saw a lot of things we expected to see. So yes, we will do what all the other teams do: we will analyze carefully everything we have seen. Indeed, we’ve already done that. And then we’ll draw inspiration from it for our development. I think there are some interesting things, but we’ve noticed how the cars are starting to converge a bit with each other from a design philosophy point of view,” concluded Krack .

https://www.ruetir.com/2023/03/thats-wh ... uspension/
Last edited by avantman on 02 Mar 2023, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

organic

avantman wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 13:24
organic wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 13:19
xReVo wrote:
What's the point of asking the source whilst it's clearly not the case? Probably someone's confused Krack with Harman..
Because maybe there is still something interesting there? And if it's just incorrect reporting then I can add an outlet to my shitlist, or if I already have them on the shitlist I can inform someone else to ignore articles from that outlet :D

It's always useful to know where reports/info comes from

avantman
avantman

organic wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 13:26
Because maybe there is still something interesting there? And if it's just incorrect reporting then I can add an outlet to my shitlist, or if I already have them on the shitlist I can inform someone else to ignore articles from that outlet :D

It's always useful to know where reports/info comes from
Seems like Krack has said that, indeed. Incredible.

organic

:wtf: that is odd

They have moved some of the cooling to centreline... against the trend :D

NAPI10
NAPI10

Any reports/pics of upgrade package for this weekend?

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

organic wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 13:32
:wtf: that is odd

They have moved some of the cooling to centreline... against the trend :D

It was to be expected in order to create the space for the waterslides… They need to go somewhere :)