Aston Martin AMR23

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
abhi1200
abhi1200

Re: Aston Martin AMR23

Courtesy: AMS

Juzh

organic wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 02:51

Saudi spec for Alonso / Bahrain spec for Stroll.

No new rear wing for AMR as of today
Saudi spec is hardly something you'd call a low downforce setup anyway, so it's not surprising they're trialling both directions.

organic

Front wing this weekend is the Jeddah flap fitted with gurney - Autosport 📸

Bahrain front wing for comparison - Racefans 📸

CriXus
CriXus

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

Vanja #66

Really advanced stuff from Shub in this video. While the intensity, size and position of these vortex structures are different on actual cars, it's very likely they all still exist (meaning they didn't merge together) and if they do the points discussed in the video are valid. As is well established, AMR did a very, very good job with the car.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Farnborough
Farnborough

Vanja #66 wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 15:22
Really advanced stuff from Shub in this video. While the intensity, size and position of these vortex structures are different on actual cars, it's very likely they all still exist (meaning they didn't merge together) and if they do the points discussed in the video are valid. As is well established, AMR did a very, very good job with the car.
The section in which he discussed flow development around the cockpit distance along the tub is really interesting.

To me it looks like confirmation of the problem the MB faces around that mid wing and why the AM has jumped so many other concept. Just look at the volume of high pressure outboard of the sidepod air inlet, there's fundamental difference there and giving substantial net lift for the MB type in those flow pattern.

There's good supporting evidence of why that "underbite" type sidepod entrance, adopted by AM on the 23, has made such profitable and fundamental change to overall performance, you just need to know where to look in other aero disciplines to find it.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 15:22
Some beautiful work here :D .

It just further emphasizes why the other car looks the way it does and why a car with a midwing might not work so well. Such a car should be called a "mid wing" concept, rather than "size-of-side-pod" concept as the "size-of sidepod" is just a geometrical artifact of the mid-wing and the sectioning rules.

vorticism

motorsport.com
flat under the nose.
𓄀

vas_04614
vas_04614

I think ALO said he ran some test items in FP1 but official documents say no upgrade, so i have a query.

So, can teams bring new parts just for testing and these won't go in official upgrade documents ?

F1doc
F1doc

vas_04614 wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 11:12
I think ALO said he ran some test items in FP1 but official documents say no upgrade, so i have a query.

So, can teams bring new parts just for testing and these won't go in official upgrade documents ?
They can be test items relating to set up such as trying different ride heights.

vorticism

vorticism wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 05:38
motorsport.com
https://cdn-3.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... ing-1.webp
flat under the nose.
Any idea what the bulge is inside the nosecone?
𓄀

e36jon
e36jon

This is the first pic I can recall that has the full suspension setup rig in place. At least I think it's the 'full' setup. Anyone have more insight?

I'm seeing:

1. Scales/weigh-pads sitting on the floor.
2. Alignment plates with roller-ball fittings at the interface with the weigh-pads attached to the uprights.(The black cyclinders.).
3. Laser/optical alignment tool (Black horizontal tube with square-ish end fittings at the front of the car.).
4. Maybe grooves for string on the horizontal posts fitted to the alignment plates.

Apologies for off-topic-ness...

Jon

abhi1200
abhi1200

Baku engine cover Image

Vanja #66

Low downforce wing for AMR23. I believe it's completely new for this year, like the launch spec wing is, last year it had a weird scoop in the middle.

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CriXus
CriXus

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw