Red Bull RB19

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
SiLo

Re: Red Bull RB19

organic wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 14:33
AMuS 📸

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqNHolBWAAE ... &name=orig

Albert Fabrega 📸

Best I've got right now
Does this show how far the front of the floor can flex? Look how much lower the front of the bib is than the rest of the surrounding area, seems a huge difference. Unless I'm just imagining this because the surrounding areas all sit above the tunnels.
Felipe Baby!

gandharva

organic wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 13:22
Just circuit specific changes listed. Doesn't mean nothing else has changed though of course
That's not correct. All changes need to be listed. This is mandatory since 2022.

Before the cars are actually presented, teams must provide a document to the FIA of all notable changes to the cars since the previous race session or test, but crucially teams will be allowed to miss these ‘obligatory’ presentations but only after written permission is granted from the FIA – a good reason would therefore be needed.
So in any case, there will be a FIA document. Either one with all the listed changes or one with a reason why the current changes do not need to be listed.

gandharva

I think the changes from 2022 to 2023 are not relevant. It's per season.

Testing -> document -> race 1 -> document -> race 2 ...

organic

gandharva wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 18:16

Alfa Romeo brought significant changes to their engine cover/sharkfin geometry for this weekend that aren't listed on their documents anywhere..

it says in the section you've quoted that it's obligatory to state any notable changes. A team can perhaps decide to not include it if it's not notable in their opinion.

Again, this happened all throughout last year. Teams aren't listing everything

gandharva

organic wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 18:18
Alfa Romeo brought significant changes to their engine cover/sharkfin geometry for this weekend that aren't listed on their documents anywhere..
Imho this is the same engine cover with different cooling outlets/panels. I cannot see any geometry changes. I stick to it. ANY significant changes will be listed in these documents.

organic

gandharva wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 18:25
organic wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 18:18
Imho this is the same engine cover with different cooling outlets/panels. I cannot see any geometry changes. I stick to it. ANY significant changes will be listed in these documents.
And then it becomes a rather semantic argument of what is a notable change :mrgreen: or what is "the same" engine cover. Teams have and will continue to avoid listing things if and when they can get away with it

gandharva

Sure. That's why I used the word "significant". Everything else is more or less irrelevant, as it's not really performance relevant. I'm absoluteley sure that no team will be able to bring e.g. a significant frontwing update without having to list it.

organic

gandharva wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 18:32
Sure. That's why I used the word "significant". Everything else is more or less irrelevant, as it's not really performance relevant. I'm absoluteley sure that no team will be able to bring e.g. a significant frontwing update without having to list it.
Ok. You originally replied to me saying:
That's not correct. All changes need to be listed
In reply to me saying that there could be changes that are on the car without being listed

However we've now agreed that teams can omit smaller changes from the documents and get away with it =D>

gandharva

Splittng hairs, but I'm with you on that one. :)

kediown

If you guys are done, would like you to answer me now :lol:
Sam Collins said RB has added a winglet on the FW endplate this week, I thought it was already there in Bahrain. Do we have pictures of the FW this week or is he mistaken?

organic

kediown wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 18:45
Sam Collins said RB has added a winglet on the FW endplate this week, I thought it was already there in Bahrain. Do we have pictures of the FW this week or is he mistaken?
It was there in Bahrain testing. It's just incorrect info

Date of photo: 23rd Feb (pg 8 of this thread)

Via: Vía: @Yuyujiteki

gandharva

kediown wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 18:45
It's been there since testing.

Big Tea

gandharva wrote:

So if they ran anything in testing, then they would not have to mention it?, even if it was one lap.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

mzso
mzso

Big Tea wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 21:02
gandharva wrote:

So if they ran anything in testing, then they would not have to mention it?, even if it was one lap.
Why would they? It's just testing, it's not part of the season. That car doesn't even need to be legal.

Big Tea

mzso wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 21:28
Big Tea wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 21:02
gandharva wrote:

Why would they? It's just testing, it's not part of the season. That car doesn't even need to be legal.
No, but if they did not want to draw attention to something it would be a good way to do it, rather than have it printed and have to 'describe it'
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.