F1 Academy

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Wouter

Re: F1 Academy

Rodin Carlin Drivers Disqualified from Qualifying Sessions
28 April 2023

Rodin Carlin’s Abbi Pulling, Jessica Edgar and Megan Gilkes have been disqualified from both Qualifying sessions, after an unintentional technical infringement was found on cars number #10, #11 and #12.

During the inspection following the sessions, non-homologated parts were found to have been installed on the leading edge of the floor under the sidepods of all three cars, breaching articles 1.4 and 4.3 of the Technical Regulations.

As a consequence, Pulling has been stripped of both pole positions, which she had secured in Qualifying 1 and Qualifying 2.

Edgar and Gilkes have also been disqualified from both Qualifying sessions for the same technical infringement that was found on Pulling’s car.

It means that PREMA Racing's Marta García inherits pole positon for Race 1 and Race 3.
[And it means that PREMA Racing's Bianca Bustamante inherits P2 for Race 1 and Race 3.]

Image ... Image
The Power of Dreams!

RZS10

How can one attach non-homologated parts to a car in an "unintentional" way?

Wouter

Round 1 Highlights - Spielberg | 2023 F1 Academy
FORMULA 1

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

FORMULA 1
A history making weekend in Spielberg as F1 Academy hit the track for the very first time.
Catch up on all the action with Derin Adetosoye from the Red Bull Ring

For more F1® videos, visit https://www.Formula1.com
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Friday Circuit Ricardo Tormo Qualifying 1 and 2.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

RACE 1

RACE 2

👏.👏.👏

The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

Congrats. I watched the video. There's no reason these drivers couldn't adapt to F2 hardware. Please give them better cars to hone their apparent talent!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

How folks don't see this as the most misogynistic setup ever blows my mind.

It is literally a kids series level car with the focus being on hot girls on billboards instead of actual skill and racecraft.

I'm not appalled by much, but this definitely hits the gag reflex.

Wouter

Zynerji wrote:
15 May 2023, 20:59

It is literally a kids series level car with the focus being on hot girls on billboards instead of actual skill and racecraft.

Do you have any idea why Bustamante is on a billboard?!
She is the first Filipino racer to win in an F1 racing category and they are very proud of her.
She even received a congratulations from the president, but according to you she is there because of her beautiful/hot looks
and NOT because of her skills and racecraft. #-o
By the way, it is not necessary that you talk so derogatorily about the F1 Academy with your "children's series level car".
Not everyone starts straight away in F1 you know?!
The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

🙄

It's awful and patronizing. The cars are for kids.

This is just a make believe show of inclusion instead of real inclusion.

I'm sad that it isn't more obvious to everyone else.😪

Wouter

Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya . Race 1.

Last edited by Wouter on 21 May 2023, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Greg Locock
Greg Locock

@Zynerji, before the big race (Bathhurst obviously) they used to have celebrity drivers (assorted boofheads from TV mostly) in crappy little cars and survivors would get to stand on the podium. Ringing any bells?

Zynerji

Greg Locock wrote:
21 May 2023, 02:00
@Zynerji, before the big race (Bathhurst obviously) they used to have celebrity drivers (assorted boofheads from TV mostly) in crappy little cars and survivors would get to stand on the podium. Ringing any bells?
So, just a sideshow?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
15 May 2023, 20:59

It's designed to be a the first stepping stone from kart racing to single seaters. From the FIA:
The aim of the series is to maximise the opportunity and potential of young female drivers to reach the highest level in motorsport and to provide young talent currently in go-karting or other junior categories with access to the fundamental level of experience needed before going racing in F3 and joining the pyramid to Formula 1.

After assessing the barriers young female drivers face with entering the F1 pyramid, it became clear that they do not have the same amount of experience as their male counterparts at the same age.

Thus the goal of the F1 Academy is to fill this gap and offer female drivers access to more track time, racing and testing. The racers will also grow by working with professional teams, who are renowned in motorsport for nurturing young drivers, and who will help them develop the crucial technical, physical, and mental preparation skills needed for elite competition.

Formula 1's intentions are to ensure aspiring female drivers have the best opportunities to reach their potential, with an important first step of getting into Formula 3 and progressing through the ranks.
It's not about putting them straight in to a top level single seater. That would be counterproductive.

I agree about the billboards bit, however.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.