2024 season discussion.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
stephen

Re: 2024 season discussion.

Elite wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 14:49
Bahrain and Saudi being a day early is extremely frustrating for someone working during that time. Fake illness for 2 Friday qualifyings in a row? :lol:
I guess your Boss doesn't know that you are a big F1 fan :)
Stephen Marengo
My F1 favorites: Community | Team | Driver

organic

A 10-second time penalty will be the handed down for overtaking a driver off the track this year. Last year it was 5 seconds and we had a few instances where it was seen as worthwhile for a driver to overtake off track and build the 5 second buffer which circumvented the rule on many occasions

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/unpo ... k-changed/

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

I don't really mind the new "we won't tell you to give the position back" position. But if they won't tell you to give the position back, I think there's still the necessity to have a mechanism to force the driver at fault back in egregious cases. I loved the Haas/Magnussen tactic last race, but I wouldn't mind seeing race control hand out a drive through if a driver stacks up a certain number of time penalties. For example, if you have 20 seconds of outstanding time penalties to serve, that's an immediate drive through. This way nobody is "told" to give the position back, and the offending driver will most likely fall behind the car they overtook illegally.

FW17

CaribouBread wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 08:03
I don't really mind the new "we won't tell you to give the position back" position. But if they won't tell you to give the position back, I think there's still the necessity to have a mechanism to force the driver at fault back in egregious cases. I loved the Haas/Magnussen tactic last race, but I wouldn't mind seeing race control hand out a drive through if a driver stacks up a certain number of time penalties. For example, if you have 20 seconds of outstanding time penalties to serve, that's an immediate drive through. This way nobody is "told" to give the position back, and the offending driver will most likely fall behind the car they overtook illegally.
The issue is that penalties are not being served immediately. In the old days, if there was a penalty, they had 3 laps to serve it.

These time penalties added to end of race time or served at pitstop is silly as it gives a driver plenty of time in some cases to create the 5 sec gap on track, or be something unfair like Sainz last OZ year.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

FW17 wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 08:26

The issue is that penalties are not being served immediately. In the old days, if there was a penalty, they had 3 laps to serve it.

These time penalties added to end of race time or served at pitstop is silly as it gives a driver plenty of time in some cases to create the 5 sec gap on track, or be something unfair like Sainz last OZ year.
I don't understand what you mean by immediately serving a time penalty.

Vanja #66

CaribouBread wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 10:28
Go to your box, serve the penalty and keep on racing.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

maxxer
maxxer

CaribouBread wrote:
FW17 wrote:

used to be like that

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Vanja #66 wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 10:31
CaribouBread wrote:
Go to your box, serve the penalty and keep on racing.
I see. I wouldn't mind returning to this. Harsh but fair. Even a 5 sec penalty would be quite a deterrent.

FW17

maxxer wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 10:48
CaribouBread wrote:
FW17 wrote:

used to be like that
Even older

maxxer
maxxer

FW17 wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 14:01
maxxer wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 10:48
CaribouBread wrote:

used to be like that
Even older

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3p_5Rp0L7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYQWxWdUJM
Ah yes having the team running down the pitlane with the jumpstarter :)