2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Spoutnik
Spoutnik
6
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post


cplchanb
cplchanb
11
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

:evil: sad sad way to seal the wdc... in a non GP saturday event from the misfortunes of your nearest rival... thanks FOM for the gimmicks...

DGP123
DGP123
0
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:31 pm

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

cplchanb wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:31 pm
:evil: sad sad way to seal the wdc... in a non GP saturday event from the misfortunes of your nearest rival... thanks FOM for the gimmicks...
Added to Japan last year, when they missed it, or when Herbert just kind of announced it by walking up to him (something like that) 😂

AR3-GP
AR3-GP
312
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

DGP123 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:32 pm
cplchanb wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:31 pm
:evil: sad sad way to seal the wdc... in a non GP saturday event from the misfortunes of your nearest rival... thanks FOM for the gimmicks...
Added to Japan last year, when they missed it, or when Herbert just kind of announced it by walking up to him (something like that) 😂
Don't worry, there's always next year :lol:

grubschumi13
grubschumi13
1
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:34 pm

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

Christian Horner has to take a lot of credit. As team principal he now has as many WDCs as Toto. Christian built this team in both their periods of success.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik
6
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

I rate Christian higher than Toto

User avatar
Sieper
73
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

grubschumi13 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:38 pm
Christian Horner has to take a lot of credit. As team principal he now has as many WDCs as Toto. Christian built this team in both their periods of success.
Christian does that so well. I very much agree.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik
6
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

AR3-GP wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:28 pm
Spoutnik wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:23 pm
Wonder how Lewis overtook Sainz on the last lap ? The TV didn't show it
Hamilton gave him the shakes into T7, then Sainz was very compromised with late braking into T7 so Sainz went to the outside of the racing line, and Hamilton went inside and overtook, T7
Found it
https://x.com/MercedesAMGF1BR/status/17 ... 13733?s=20

User avatar
chrisc90
36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

Image

Should be the tyres for tomorrow

napoleon1981
napoleon1981
2
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:19 pm

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

organic wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:28 pm
DGP123 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:12 pm
Without the SC, I think Max wins that. Russell & the Ferrari’s would have dropped like a stone without the SC’s.
Maybe but it didn't seem like Max had any pace advantage to Piastri and had 3 laps younger tyres.. Sunday could yet be McLaren winning from low down the order if they get fortunate
I think a few things clouded the true picture. Max had to work those tires alot harder than Piastri with having to overtake all those soft runners. He was in dirty air alot more. Tire management wasnt needed today, and that where Piastri still has alot to learn. Also i dont think Max pushed those last laps anymore, once he realized it wasnt going to happen. Good drive by Piastri and a win on merrit.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP
312
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

organic wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:28 pm
DGP123 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:12 pm
Without the SC, I think Max wins that. Russell & the Ferrari’s would have dropped like a stone without the SC’s.
Maybe but it didn't seem like Max had any pace advantage to Piastri and had 3 laps younger tyres.. Sunday could yet be McLaren winning from low down the order if they get fortunate
The maximum stint length will be 20 laps, most likely. This will make it much harder for Mclaren to benefit from SCs. Those grid positions have likely killed off any opportunity they had to win here.

This track is SO bad when you are coming from behind. You spend the entire lap in in dirty air damaging the tires just to overtake 1 car.

User avatar
chrisc90
36
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

Heres F1Tv tyre lowdown for tomorrow.

Some could be in BIG trouble tomorrow.


Cs98
Cs98
28
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:37 am

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

chrisc90 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:04 pm
Heres F1Tv tyre lowdown for tomorrow.

Some could be in BIG trouble tomorrow.

Seems like he's assuming people will go for 3 lap old softs instead of 5-7 lap old mediums. I'd much rather take the old mediums and squeeze 15 laps out of them than the softs which will be dead after 10 laps.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP
312
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

Cs98 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:12 pm
chrisc90 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:04 pm
Heres F1Tv tyre lowdown for tomorrow.

Some could be in BIG trouble tomorrow.

Seems like he's assuming people will go for 3 lap old softs instead of 5-7 lap old mediums. I'd much rather take the old mediums and squeeze 15 laps out of them than the softs which will be dead after 10 laps.
That is still a massive compromise since you are forced into 4 stopping.

RB look to be sitting pretty to be honest:

Image


The Mclarens are starting 6th and 10th with poor tire allocation. RB have pole and enviable tire selection.

Cs98
Cs98
28
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:37 am

Re: 2023 Qatar Grand Prix - Lusail, Oct 06 - 08

Post

AR3-GP wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:15 pm
Cs98 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:12 pm
chrisc90 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:04 pm
Heres F1Tv tyre lowdown for tomorrow.

Some could be in BIG trouble tomorrow.

Seems like he's assuming people will go for 3 lap old softs instead of 5-7 lap old mediums. I'd much rather take the old mediums and squeeze 15 laps out of them than the softs which will be dead after 10 laps.
That is still a massive compromise since you are forced into 4 stopping.

RB look to be sitting pretty to be honest:

https://i.postimg.cc/5tscM3HJ/image.png


The Mclarens are starting 6th and 10th with poor tire allocation. RB have pole and enviable tire selection.
But you won't be since all of the relevant contenders have at least two new sets, one medium and one hard. That's 40 laps right there. Then add a couple of used mediums and you can easily get to 57 laps in 3 stops.

Now if there's a 20 lap limit on the tyres but without a mandated 3 stops we can start discussing some different permutations. Because then you have many that are right on the edge whether they actually have enough to go medium-hard-medium to the end without exceeding the 20 lap max. But everyone should be capable of the 3 stop.
Last edited by Cs98 on Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.