2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vettel165

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Cs98 wrote:
18 May 2024, 14:38
Vettel165 wrote:
18 May 2024, 14:09
Getting really worried now. Where did the amazing China pace go, Max would won that race by more than 40 seconds without SC. This weekend is damage limitation, will be happy with the podium at least. Hope the team at least finds the solution when we go to Canada and normal race circuits. Could be Red Bull the same diva as Mercedes in 2017, which was hard to setup, but when they did in the second part of the season, the car was amazing. Red Bull usually has amazing in-season development, hopefully will be the same this year. Otherwise we could see a big change.
But as we saw in 2022, having the car speed is only one aspect of putting together a title winning run. Verstappen will be very hard to beat over the course of a season.
Good point, hope you are right.

Wouter

Monaghan 'sad' that Newey is leaving: 'It's a loss to the team'

Paul Monaghan is sad about Adrian Newey's departure. In an exclusive interview with GPblog, the Red Bull Racing chief engineer reveals that he regrets Newey's departure and that the team will miss his expertise considerably.
This is a stark contrast to previous statements made by people within the team.

According to Helmut Marko, Max Verstappen and Christian Horner, Adrian Newey's departure is a loss for the team, but not as big a loss as everyone thinks. Newey was said to have been less involved with the F1 team for years and, therefore, has less of an influence on the current car's design. It turns out that is not quite the case after all.

Monaghan had been working with Newey for quite a long time. 'Pedals', as Paul's nickname goes, already worked with Newey at McLaren and moved to Red Bull Racing almost simultaneously. Monaghan has been involved in Red Bull Racing's F1 project since day one and knows better than anyone how much influence Newey has had on it. After all, Newey designs the car, and he has to squeeze the maximum out of every weekend.

"I suppose my overwhelming reaction to Adrian's leaving is one of sadness. He contributed so much to the growth and the evolution of the team and drove us towards the first championships, 10, 11, 12, and 13, with such vigour and commitment. It was always quite eye-opening when he got those little opportunities to see what he wanted to achieve and his thoughts," Monaghan said.

"They were equally wonderful lessons, and I hope I was humble enough to learn from it. He's a pretty switched-on chap. The track record rather speaks for itself as we evolved through the first years of the hybrid [era] and then obviously picking up the Honda engine. Then again you see different cars with a different set of rules in 2022.
He was never, whatever anybody says, cut off from the process. He was still pin sharp for me and quite insightful."

"If he wants to stop, I have full respect and say, OK, it's entirely his choice. On a personal basis, I will miss his input and the humbling explanations when I haven't understood something. He then embellishes you on how it's supposed to work and what we're supposed to do. It's just different, isn't it? But times change and he's made his own decision. I'm a bit sad because it's a loss to the team, and he's contributed so much to it that I think it's just a shame," he added.
What Monaghan could learn from Newey

And so, does Monaghan have an example of what he learned from Newey? ''Yes, there were plenty of them. Quite often, it is rather humbling for me [laughs]. We had a bit of trouble with the consistency of the steering in the car. We couldn't understand it. And so there's some circumstantial evidence as to what was going on. You can talk to him a bit. Then we slowly evolved to think, OK, now we're beginning to grasp something. Now we're evolving. Now we're learning."

"It was a collaborative process. His openness to ideas, thoughts, and considerations was always brilliant. It didn't matter where the idea came from. After some thoughts, inquiries, and a few questions, if he thought it was a good idea, we would proceed with it at whatever pace we had to go, whatever size of the change might be. If he thought it was a stupid idea, I generally found out fairly quickly," Monaghan said.

The whole article

When Helmut Marko was asked in front of the Servus TV camera yesterday if he knew which team Newey would go to,
he replied laughing: "I can tell you that Adrian is not going to retire, go fishing or breed pigeons after the gardening leave, haha."

It seems he left because he was no longer appreciated, as Horner said, he had not contributed to the last cars,
which according to Monaghan is not correct. Also his wife Amanda stated that that was a load of hogwash and absolute bollocks.

The Power of Dreams!

Dunlay
Dunlay

Another fabulous performance from Perez. =D>

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

A majestic performance from the Dutch driver.

kc_f1
kc_f1

Massive respect for Max! His ruthlessness is just like that of Senna and Schumacher. Vettel/Hamilton even in their peaks weren't the killers that he is.

chrisc90

Amazing turn around from Red Bull. They always manage to turn it round into a Saturday. The massive importance of the extra sessions opposed to a sprint.

#NeverInDoubt.

Vanja #66

The best car on pole, as expected. Even if there are any tyre deg issues tomorrow, Imola is not an overtaking track
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Emag
Emag

Vanja #66 wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:08
The best car on pole, as expected. Even if there are any tyre deg issues tomorrow, Imola is not an overtaking track
I would give more credit than usual to Max this time around. He was flying on that first sector.

Sergej
Sergej

massive work by the team overnight, but how amazing is Max, holy sh*t

venkyhere
venkyhere

Oh that man Verstappen....
doesn't have the fastest car for the weekend, most likely won't win tomorrow, still pulled off pole in quali, that 1st sector in Q3 run1 and run2 was simply other-worldly - the speed through 2-3-4 and 5-6 chicane-ish portions was unreal. He was driving with a lot of margin in Turn11. Still P1. Hats off. It's rare to see driving like this. Reminds me of sector3 monaco 2023. This sector1 imola 2024 is something at that level. LeClerc and Norris would be thinking "what do we need to do, to defeat this man ?" because they have never had a car advantage like this over Verstappen for over 3-4 yrs, like what they have this weekend. I'm sure they have better race pace than the RB20 this weekend. Verstappen and RedBull strategy will have done something mega, if he finishes P3 in the race tomorrow.

Sieper

Emag wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:12
Vanja #66 wrote:
I would give more credit than usual to Max this time around. He was flying on that first sector.
It’s just the sadness being dumped on us. Yesterday it was still the “bad driver” but today it’s the “car” again. It is to be expected and endured. In the meantime we here can celebrate on of the best performances of all time. Matched both records for pole strings now. 8 in a row, 7 in a row from season start. Several of those against the odds!

Vanja #66

Emag wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
Yeah, getting a tow from Hulk for +6-7kmh on top speed and -0.15s of lap time takes a lot of skill :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Emag
Emag

Vanja #66 wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:34
Emag wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
Yeah, getting a tow from Hulk for +6-7kmh on top speed and -0.15s of lap time takes a lot of skill :mrgreen:
To be fair I hadn't seen that he got a tow when I made the comment, but even without that, a P3 in a weekend where they have been genuinely struggling to get the car working would be nothing to shrug off.

ME4ME

Vanja #66 wrote:
Have seen him time that to perfection multiple times now. He is actively managing that. I think its much to his credit to benefit from it. Have seen Alonso setting it up too at at least one occasion, rather than just lucking into a slipstream. Others less so.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Vanja #66 wrote:
Emag wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
True. But to be able to keep up with updated Ferrari and Mclaren while struggling for setup (even without that tow) deserves credit, which Max will get whether one likes to see that or not.
Last edited by Silent Storm on 18 May 2024, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.