2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

From what I can remember, back then Ferrari were worried about Massa's engine failure during Friday practice at the 2006 Chinese GP, second session if I'm not mistaken. They feared that Michael could suffer similar reliability issues in the next two races. I remember the Spanish commentators theorising live on air that even though Michael was using a new engine, if there was an issue in the engine design he could have problems, and he did sadly. Amazing championship fight that year, still my favourite season.

FDD
FDD

f1316 wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 19:14
Xyz22 wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 15:43
20 years since our last win in Suzuka (18 in an ideal world that unfortunately doesn't exist).
The last two races of 2006 still haunt me - Suzuka was in the bag, fastest car by a mile in Brazil, somehow we gave away the championship. Would have been the perfect send off for Michael and so strange that there was unreliability twice in a row in that era.

Anyway, for 2024, motorsport still maintain Ferrari are trying to fast track the full Imola upgrade:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... /10593364/

“A major upgrade has been planned for the Imola round in May with only a small aerodynamic development to be introduced for the next race at Suzuka, but the Scuderia is trying to bring it all sooner, potentially as early as the Japanese Grand Prix.”

I have a nasty feeling Red Bull will bring something significant so it would be a great sign of Fred’s new regime if they could pull something like this off.
Somewhere I read speculations that Ferrari plans to divide the big upgrade in two, the first one in Suzuka with new floor and sidepods inlets I think and more changes on sidepods for Imola.
According to speculations they read the car enough to know where it needs improvements.
Also there where rumors that even before the opening race they already have some upgrades in the pipeline but they wait for results from the track to confirm the correlation CFD/tunnel simulations vs track.

Xyz22
Xyz22

FDD wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 14:28
f1316 wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:
20 years since our last win in Suzuka (18 in an ideal world that unfortunately doesn't exist).
The last two races of 2006 still haunt me - Suzuka was in the bag, fastest car by a mile in Brazil, somehow we gave away the championship. Would have been the perfect send off for Michael and so strange that there was unreliability twice in a row in that era.

Anyway, for 2024, motorsport still maintain Ferrari are trying to fast track the full Imola upgrade:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... /10593364/

“A major upgrade has been planned for the Imola round in May with only a small aerodynamic development to be introduced for the next race at Suzuka, but the Scuderia is trying to bring it all sooner, potentially as early as the Japanese Grand Prix.”

I have a nasty feeling Red Bull will bring something significant so it would be a great sign of Fred’s new regime if they could pull something like this off.
Somewhere I read speculations that Ferrari plans to divide the big upgrade in two, the first one in Suzuka with new floor and sidepods inlets I think and more changes on sidepods for Imola.
According to speculations they read the car enough to know where it needs improvements.
Also there where rumors that even before the opening race they already have some upgrades in the pipeline but they wait for results from the track to confirm the correlation CFD/tunnel simulations vs track.
That would be surprising considering that Vasseur just recently said no major changes planned for Suzuka.

MTL79
MTL79

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 19:38
As someone who started watching F1 in 2004, I've come to dread this circuit. By far my least favourite weekend of the year. I would unironically rather watch Valencia. Or Abu Dhabi.
It requires three things from the car: good tyre wear, good front end and lots of power.

Since 2005, Ferrari have never had even 2 of those on this circuit, let alone 3.
If you haven't already, I recommend Suzuka 2000... what a race!

Xyz22
Xyz22

MTL79 wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 18:30
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
As someone who started watching F1 in 2004, I've come to dread this circuit. By far my least favourite weekend of the year. I would unironically rather watch Valencia. Or Abu Dhabi.
It requires three things from the car: good tyre wear, good front end and lots of power.

Since 2005, Ferrari have never had even 2 of those on this circuit, let alone 3.
The best and most important race in motorsport history.

scuderiabrandon

MTL79 wrote:
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

Those inlaps before the final stint were magic from Micheal, even with some traffic. Mika just couldn't keep up in the damp conditions.

MTL79
MTL79

scuderiabrandon wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 18:45
MTL79 wrote:
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

Those inlaps before the final stint were magic from Micheal, even with some traffic. Mika just couldn't keep up in the damp conditions.
I couldn't believe how the tide turned when it started to drizzle!!

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

MTL79 wrote:
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

I was about to write that those who were old enough to witness Michael's first title probably feel a bit different about this circuit.

I personally don't have a single positive memory about any of the races there.

JordanMugen

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
As someone who started watching F1 in 2004, I've come to dread this circuit. By far my least favourite weekend of the year.
:cry:

Try Suzuka 2000 -- great times for Tifosi! =D>

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 20:32
I was about to write that those who were old enough to witness Michael's first title probably feel a bit different about this circuit.
For Ferrari or Benetton? Didn't Hill win the Japanese Grand Prix in '94.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

JordanMugen wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 21:15
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
As someone who started watching F1 in 2004, I've come to dread this circuit. By far my least favourite weekend of the year.
:cry:

Try Suzuka 2000 -- great times for Tifosi! =D>

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 20:32
For Ferrari or Benetton? Didn't Hill win the Japanese Grand Prix in '94.
For Ferrari, obviously. We're in the team thread :)

ringo

Will the upgrades work even if they come early.
Ferrari tend to do a lot of little upgrades and only a few of them are mature enough to make a noticeable difference.
Fred's approach is different than the past team principals however.
A floor upgrade sounds exciting and it may be enough to grab poles and give rebdbull a little more work to do. Sounds like a couple tenths given the floor has the biggest impact.
For Sure!!

f1316
f1316

Sevach wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 04:57
f1316 wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

It was also the fastest car by a mile in Brazil, Felipe proved as much.
That’s what I said to be fair :D

f1316
f1316

ringo wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 03:39
Ferrari tend to do a lot of little upgrades and only a few of them are mature enough to make a noticeable difference.
A floor upgrade sounds exciting and it may be enough to grab poles and give rebdbull a little more work to do. Sounds like a couple tenths given the floor has the biggest impact.
The X factor is, of course, what Red Bull themselves bring. I think the rumour was always that they might bring something big to Suzuka. Let’s see, I guess - hopefully it’s all lies! :lol:

Vanja #66

FDD wrote:
01 Apr 2024, 14:28
That seems way too different from Vasseur's words on minor Suzuka upgrades. I'd only expect a floor edge and/or minor tweaks in diffuser and definitely nothing on sidepods before Imola. Imola makes the most sense for a big upgrade for Ferrari - it's Italy so they can maximise development and stretch manufacture time, it's a decent mix of various corners, it's a known track for the team and by then only 1/4 of the races have passed - so 3/4 of points to play for. Right now it's 7 weekends away, so plenty of lead time and it makes sense new parts were signed off only a few days ago, as formu1a.uno team reports.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Tomsky
Tomsky

ringo wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 03:39
RB will bring more important updates to Japan than Ferrari.