2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Venturiation
Venturiation

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Kalsi wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 20:26
Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 19:10
organic wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 18:46
No doubt it is aimed at Sainz camp. Basically saying we are building for future with Charles. You can come too if you want
To be honest, I think Sainz camp is well aware of the path Vasseur has set and I also think this is no secret within Maranello. We've been reading all about it for some time now. I also think that Ferrari has given Sainz 2 year extension offer and he wants more and probably some kind of equal technical input in car development or something like that, but Vasseur won't budge and this rushed announcement was likely a bit of a pressure move to force Sainz' response.

Considering Sainz Sr statements of late, I think he is pushing Jr to go to Sauber/Audi asap and start building the team around himself there. I think this would be the best option for Sainz Jr, considering his desire to be the #1 driver in a works/factory team. After all, Vasseur was quite straightforward with this part of the statement "We are determined to give Charles a winning car..."
Sad words to read but... Let's be real... Ferrari cant afford the "Let them battle" strategy against redbull and merc which clearly doesnt follow that path. If Ferrari want to be competitive against them, this is KEY, and Vasseur finally brought this back
That won't work if Charles gets a bad start and Sainz is P1 in the standings, points lost and car made for losing driver in that season

Juzh

aleks_ader wrote:
26 Jan 2024, 00:22
AR3-GP wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 21:09
Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 21:04

It's not sad, one of the biggest reasons Ferrari missed 17 and 18 titles with Vettel was because Arrivabene and Marchionne insisted on equal treatment of him and Kimi. Imagine how Singapore 2017 would have ended. Imagine how the 18 season would have gone if Seb took the 17 title.
Monza 2018 qualifying how can we forget. Immeasurable levels of mismanagement. Bottas gets sent out to tow Hamilton. Ferrari sent Vettel out to give Kimi the tow. =D> Immeasurable mismanagement of a championship from a team that once invented gearbox troubles for Massa :lol:. Vettel was not supported enough in 2018. 2017 car wasn't good enough.
This is also mine argument why Vettel did all those mistakes. He put so much pressure on his shoulders he simply fumbled it all. Team principal should acknowledge this pronto. And they didn't. I do not think would be enough too wint all but fight could be closer. In some strage timeline arguabby maybe would even pressure Merc in some dumb mistakes. Vettel was maybe not so cutthroat or pure talent like Alonso or Schumacher in his days - but support was not there fully IMO.
reasonable take on the whole 2018 situation.

Wouter

Ferrari adds Bearman to F1 reserve roster for 2024

Ferrari has announced that Oliver Bearman will be one of its Formula 1 reserve drivers this season,
joining regulars Antonio Giovinazzi and Robert Shwartzman in the shared role.

This year’s 24-race schedule has encouraged Ferrari to have extra options in the F1 reserve role. Giovinazzi and Shwartzman are both involved in the marque’s World Endurance Championship Hypercar programme, and thus will not necessarily always available to be on standby at races.

Bearman will be competing in his second season of F2 with the Prema team this year, and will be on site at F1 weekends which overlap with his racing programme, as well as being available to travel to non-clashing events with the team.
---------------------------------------

Elsewhere, Arthur Leclerc will be a Maranello development driver despite having left the Ferrari Driver Academy progamme, and the younger brother of race driver Charles will have his first taste of F1 power when he drives the 2022 F1-75 model in Barcelona next week.

The 23-year-old joins Ferrari veterans Davide Rigon and Antonio Fuoco in the development driver role, which the team says “entails mainly working in the simulator, on car development, set-up work and updates introduced during the season”.

He will combine the role with an Italian GT programme with Scuderia Baldini 27.
-----------------------------------------

Ferrari will kick start its 2024 track programme next week with a three-day Pirelli tyre test in Barcelona that runs from 29-31 January, featuring race drivers Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz in last year’s SF-23 on the first two days.

The team is also running the 2022 SF-75 in parallel, with the younger Leclerc driving it the first day, his brother and Sainz combining it with their SF-23 running on the second day, and Bearman then alone on the track with it for the final day of running.
The Power of Dreams!

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Duchessa claiming that Vasseur has a "surprising alternative" in mind if Sainz chooses not to renew, even though they want to continue the partnership with Sainz
I'm not sure if its a quirk of translation, or a genuine hint so I hope someone corroborates the claims.

https://formu1a.uno/ferrari-la-nuova-ve ... con-sainz/

ali623
ali623

Hulkenberg maybe? Vasseur has always been a big fan of him.

Venturiation
Venturiation

CaribouBread wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 12:47
Duchessa claiming that Vasseur has a "surprising alternative" in mind if Sainz chooses not to renew, even though they want to continue the partnership with Sainz
I'm not sure if its a quirk of translation, or a genuine hint so I hope someone corroborates the claims.

he means the alternative that they agreed on a contract with sainz is surprizing

Vanja #66

CaribouBread wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 12:47

No, they mean that the goal for both parties is to continue together. Alternative (to separate after 2024) would be surprising.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Yes that'd make more sense, thank you.

Vanja #66

Ferrari is at the Barcelona Circuit for Pirelli 2025 tyre tests and driver training. SF-23 is used for 2025 tyre testing and F1-75 (on demo tyres) for driver training, as a 2-year old car. Arthur Leclerc also drove F1-75 yesterday, as part of his training for development driver.

https://scuderiafans.com/139-laps-for-c ... lli-tyres/

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

Vanja #66

In my view, this is pure click-bait speculation from Italian media (Corriere dello Sport), but it is the first time we read something as open as this on the Sainz-Ferrari topic, so maybe it should be noted here for future reference.

"John Elkann wants one lead driver, Carlos Sainz negotiations on hold – Italian media"

https://scuderiafans.com/john-elkann-wa ... ian-media/

According to the journalist from the Italian newspaper, the Spanish driver “would also be ready to sign,” but a knot has emerged in Ferrari’s considerations: “Carlos Sainz is ambitious: he works to win the world title. But this tenacity is becoming a problem in a Ferrari that is Leclerc-centric, a position never admitted and which, moreover, is not scandalous.”

Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport wrote that “the negotiation has, therefore, become complicated, and today we wouldn’t bet a penny on an imminent renewal.” The sports newspaper has finally emphasized that in the thoughts of team principal Frederic Vasseur, there is Oliver Bearman as Charles Leclerc’s future teammate. But before Bearman, there will be a gap to fill for at least two years.

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

This afternoon, the SF 23 will be officially used for the last time.
Sainz will complete the testing session, as Leclerc was driving this morning.

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 13:39
I understand what you mean, but even driver training is "official" in terms of being regulated. So in 2025, they will also officially use SF-23 for driver training. :mrgreen:

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 14:40
Xyz22 wrote:
I understand what you mean, but even driver training is "official" in terms of being regulated. So in 2025, they will also officially use SF-23 for driver training. :mrgreen:
Checked the lap times a bit just for fun. Unfortunately we don't know tyres and fuel but in this stint (strongly believe they were on a similar run) sim the F1 75 was pretty much always a bit quicker in S2 and S3, but a bit slower in S1 :lol:

jambuka
jambuka

Xyz22 wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 16:17
Vanja #66 wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:
Checked the lap times a bit just for fun. Unfortunately we don't know tyres and fuel but in this stint (strongly believe they were on a similar run) sim the F1 75 was pretty much always a bit quicker in S2 and S3, but a bit slower in S1 :lol:
Where is this data available?

Xyz22
Xyz22

jambuka wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 17:35
Xyz22 wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 16:17
Vanja #66 wrote:

Where is this data available?
Here.

https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/circuitcat

Unfortunately, there is no lap history minus the fastest lap.

Sainz is on the SF 23 with Pirelli 2025 tyres (in development)
Leclerc is on the F1 75 with demo tyres i suppose.