2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Slahinki
Slahinki

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:10
Alonso Fan wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 18:13
The throttle issue is actually a real thing I was watching the onboard of alonso and after the bit where Russell crashed alonso had throttle issues and it got worse as the time went on. VSC only saved him from being overtaken I think. Last lap was terrible throttle vibrations

Whether the incident with Russell is a result of that I doubt it.

But those who say alonso made up the throttle issue to cover up his deliberate action are ignorant of the onboard footage

5 sec penalty would be in line with other similar and worse infections. 10 seconds in line with the new escalated penalty system this year. 20 is a bit harsh Imo
He was given 20 seconds instead of the now baseline 10 seconds because there was an "aggravating circumstance". In my opinion the aggravating circumstance being someone who ended up as a commentator because he was not a world champion.
It's sadly nothing new that the stewards in general, and Herbert specifically, tend to be utterly massive clowns. Today just goes to prove that fact once again.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:10
Alonso Fan wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 18:13
The throttle issue is actually a real thing I was watching the onboard of alonso and after the bit where Russell crashed alonso had throttle issues and it got worse as the time went on. VSC only saved him from being overtaken I think. Last lap was terrible throttle vibrations

Whether the incident with Russell is a result of that I doubt it.

But those who say alonso made up the throttle issue to cover up his deliberate action are ignorant of the onboard footage

5 sec penalty would be in line with other similar and worse infections. 10 seconds in line with the new escalated penalty system this year. 20 is a bit harsh Imo
He was given 20 seconds instead of the now baseline 10 seconds because there was an "aggravating circumstance". In my opinion the aggravating circumstance being someone who ended up as a commentator because he was not a world champion.
Agreed

Jambier

Ridiculous indeed.

Let's focus on Suzuka, I still struggle to understand this car pace and potential, it seemed more similar between qualy and race this week end isn't it ?

Let's push and beat Mercedes for P4, I think this is the realistic goal for this year

SSJ4
SSJ4

Suzuka will be interesting to interpret considering it was round 17 last year. the car was awful alonso managed to scrape into Q3. and race pace was abysmal
just checked alonso finished 74 seconds behind in the race
hopefully some updates will arrive for suzuka

xReVo
xReVo

Suzuka should be a good track for the characteristics shown so far by Aston Martin. I hope for updates, because the later you bring them the more points you lose against your competitors, also because soon there will be Shanghai, an atypical track where I remember some monstrous performances from Alonso. Let's hope so

Mansell89
Mansell89

Yes I agree I actually think Aston should qualify very well this weekend, car looks nice in high speed sweeping sections.

The challenge is that Ferrari also look good there this year and we know McLaren works very well in these conditions also.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Mansell89 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 23:29
Yes I agree I actually think Aston should qualify very well this weekend, car looks nice in high speed sweeping sections.

The challenge is that Ferrari also look good there this year and we know McLaren works very well in these conditions also.
The car works well ,but the tyres not:) 9-10th position the goal I think if they can't solve it.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Has new front wing helped them to improve race pace? Any analysis or statement from the team?

xReVo
xReVo

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 23:50
Mansell89 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 23:29

The car works well ,but the tyres not:) 9-10th position the goal I think if they can't solve it.
The problem is not the tires! I don't understand why you always think about this. The problem is the front which with the heavy car.

xReVo
xReVo

NAPI10 wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 00:21
Has new front wing helped them to improve race pace? Any analysis or statement from the team?
The new wing, which in my opinion is not new, given that I saw one similar, if not the same, during the tests in Bahrain, serves to have more efficiency. It does not solve the problems related to the difference between race and qualifying

KimiRai
KimiRai

It's good to see that this thread is even more active than last year. Team has grown quite a lot.

KimiRai
KimiRai

According to Spanish journalists "there will be a complete aerodynamic kit for the Aston Martin" in Japan.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Don't think that they will qualify so well in Suzuka, but also McLaren won't be that good as expected.

Both cars hate this long corners with more than one steering input.

Furthermore only one drs zone will punish the team a lot. Deg will be high, most probably a 2 stopper with C1-C1-C2.

@kimirai

Do you mean a new aero package?

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 08:25
@kimirai

That's all they said. I guess it does mean aero package.

On the other hand they are not flawless so that's something to keep in mind :D I accept to take the blame, if they get it wrong, it's on me.

-wkst-
-wkst-

KimiRai wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 08:42
-wkst- wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 08:25
@kimirai

That's all they said. I guess it does mean aero package.

On the other hand they are not flawless so that's something to keep in mind :D I accept to take the blame, if they get it wrong, it's on me.
I don't think that you have to take the blame if yournalists are not right. :)

But let's see, italian media reported it too, if I remember correct (they talked about April, but Shanghai seems unrealistic as it is a sprint).