2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10
NAPI10

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

In post FP2 interviews, both drivers didn’t reveal much abt car balance or handling.

KimiRai
KimiRai

According to Mark Hughes, Lawrence Stroll had a "volcanic" reaction to the Imola qualifying.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... or-f1-form

xReVo
xReVo

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
24 May 2024, 20:30
issey wrote:
24 May 2024, 20:21
xReVo wrote:
24 May 2024, 19:35

I saw the onboard, let's forget about it. The car literally skates, it seems like the rear is on ice
What are you watching literally? Even if it looks good you still hate and then you say I‘m objective. Dude your takes are so hilarious. The car looks good on track, not as planted as the Ferrari but still good and nowhere near as you said it.
Stop feeding him… He has some issues and is trying to be smart here online…
Next time do you want to say that the car is perfect and will fight for pole? Sorry, that's not who I am. I tell the truth. I've seen the onboards and it continues to have this front end that doesn't bite mechanically, furthermore you can also see that in addition to understeer there is also power steering and this is especially noticeable in sector 3. Currently the balance of the car is terrible. We need to analyze things in an impartial way without being fans, here no one is insulting or anything, we are just analyzing what we see. Then you can agree or not

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
25 May 2024, 02:21
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
issey wrote:
What are you watching literally? Even if it looks good you still hate and then you say I‘m objective. Dude your takes are so hilarious. The car looks good on track, not as planted as the Ferrari but still good and nowhere near as you said it.
Next time do you want to say that the car is perfect and will fight for pole? Sorry, that's not who I am. I tell the truth. I've seen the onboards and it continues to have this front end that doesn't bite mechanically, furthermore you can also see that in addition to understeer there is also power steering and this is especially noticeable in sector 3. Currently the balance of the car is terrible. We need to analyze things in an impartial way without being fans, here no one is insulting or anything, we are just analyzing what we see. Then you can agree or not
You don't tell the truth, you tell your opinion, not sure it's the truth.

Looking at the data, the AMR front end looks supper pointed. it's why the back seems so weak. Alonso it making all his time staying on the nose of the car.
I

NAPI10
NAPI10

AM needs a good quali session tomorrow.It will lift team’s spirit .Few good results & team will be back on track.

zoroastar
zoroastar

xReVo wrote:
25 May 2024, 02:21
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
issey wrote:
dude, you are the most pessimistic person i have ever run across in the forum and ive been here a while. nobody wants to hear your doom forcast every 10 minutes. people in here are smart enough to figure out what is going on for themselves. you thrive on being right about the team you "supposedly" support performing like trash. whats the purpose? isnt it bad enough that they are struggling right now without having you trying to prove a bunch of useless points? coming in dooming the rest of alonsos career because of a few bad races. yeah aston is struggling right now, none of us need you to remind us.

-wkst-
-wkst-

What’s true is that the car is extremely peaky once again. I bet ALO will risk everything in Q. FP2 didn’t show the true picture of the pace of the others.

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
25 May 2024, 06:21
What’s true is that the car is extremely peaky once again. I bet ALO will risk everything in Q. FP2 didn’t show the true picture of the pace of the others.
Really where, what makes you say that?

Nikosar
Nikosar

Very competitive FP3, less then 0,200 sec between P10 and 04. Let's see quali.

majki2111

I was watching him onboard and Alonso was leaving a lot of time on table during soft run after his fastest lap. I don't know why. Car was looking good, but he was driving evidently cautiously. Noticeably slower even to a naked eye.

issey
issey

majki2111 wrote:
25 May 2024, 13:49
I was watching him onboard and Alonso was leaving a lot of time on table during soft run after his fastest lap. I don't know why. Car was looking good, but he was driving evidently cautiously. Noticeably slower even to a naked eye.
Because he is smart and doesn’t want to crash before qualifying. He didn’t really try to set a faster lap, sometimes he didn’t even really accelerate out of the last corner.

diffuser

Not sure if it is a setup change or Alonso driving change but he is more agressive on the throttle today

Green is Alonso FP2
White is Alonso FP3

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

diffuser wrote:
25 May 2024, 15:29
Not sure if it is a setup change or Alonso driving change but he is more agressive on the throttle today

Green is Alonso FP2
White is Alonso FP3

https://i.postimg.cc/13Csp3qQ/Screensho ... -26-55.png
Simply warmer today and also more tyre on the asphalt so the grip better at exit.

jofs89
jofs89

Very unlike Alonso. Stroll only 2 tenths off, must have traffic or something?

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Awful.