2024 FIM MotoGP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Dunlay
Dunlay

Re: 2024 FIM MotoGP World Championship

The racing is becoming extremely boring with tyre management. It's painful to wait for like almost end of the race to see some racing. Pedro started attacking and lost tyres and went so far down the grid.

Waz
Waz

Dunlay wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 13:48
The racing is becoming extremely boring with tyre management. It's painful to wait for like almost end of the race to see some racing. Pedro started attacking and lost tyres and went so far down the grid.
Been this way for a few years already. The worst problem is the front tire pressure that gets too high and they can't attack.

The Moto2 race with the new Pirelli's was absolutely dire though. I can't watch that again. It was as bad as F1 in 2012 when grip just dropped off a cliff.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

AMG.Tzan wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 15:02
This how a world class championship should look like! It’s about time f1 took notes…
Make it a two wheeled sport where the riders make a bigger difference to the results?

I dont know what you think F1 can learn from this. Not like it was a 'designed' result anyways. We've actually been dealing with Ducati domination for quite a long time now, except great riders from other bikes were making things competitive on occasion, compared to the only 'decent' riders on the Ducatis. But Honda and Yamaha fell back further and this finally allowed Ducati to start winning championships, even though they had the best bike for several years before as well. And of course the Rins/Suzuki fluke, but that's gone now.

We're simply getting lucky that others are doing better job now, at least apparently. We'll still have to see over the course of a season. Just like in F1, one race rarely tells the whole story.

Dunlay
Dunlay

First podium for Marc on.a Ducati. Oh that move on Martin was sweet. :D

Andres125sx

Yes it was tight, but nice

First race Marc is best Ducati despite using 23 model. What a rider! =D>

xaero
xaero

Andres125sx wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 12:06

Fingers crossed. I am expecting his first race win for sure in COTA [-o<
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

AMG.Tzan

xaero wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 14:08
Andres125sx wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 12:06

Fingers crossed. I am expecting his first race win for sure in COTA [-o<
With Bagnaia racing like an amateur don’t expect much!

What a pointless defense all race long! He was nowhere and he just kept Marc and Pedro behind by having better top speed and braking late as always! The worst rider that you can come up against on a Sunday! And then he ended up taking Marquez out…

Without him Acosta and Marquez would surely have bothered the front! Marquez desperately needs the late 23-spec Ducati GP23 to compete on merit with these guys! The GP23 loses a lot down the straights compared to the 24 for some reason…

On another note! He was the only GP23 in the top 10! Some thing that was happening with the Honda all those years… 8)
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

CHT
CHT

First podium for Marc Marquez on sat and then a crash on Sunday.
Expect to see him on the top step this season.

Andres125sx

Congratulations for Maveric Viñales, awesome recovery from p8(?) due to a clutch problem at the start, and victory!! =D> =D>

Congratulations for Acosta too, leading a MotoGP race at third MotoGP race ever, and finishing second, is asthonishing

Congratulations for Marc too, finally leading a race after so many years. Unfortunatelly some front brake lever problems caused a crash when he was leading

And congratulations to any MotoGP fan, what a race! =D> =D> =D>

Chuckjr

COTA!! What a fantastic race!!! Edge of the seat for the first entire half!! Wow! I’m so impressed. F1 can only dream of such tight competition at the very top. Winner came back from something like 10th? In a slower bike than the top contenders who were ahead of him? Wut. So impressive.

Shame Marc threw it away while in the lead. I think he would have won it had he not needlessly dumped it. If he can just pull in his aggression just a tiny little bit, he will be unstoppable.

It’s fantastic an Aprillia and KTM took top two positions. So impressive. And a 19 year old(!!!) rookie is taking the top guys to task…in a Gas Gas KTM!!! WHAT?? YES!!! Just outstanding stuff!! I wish Williams could pull off such a weekend. It would bring so much life to F1.

Watching a series where the driver skill set actually makes a huge, huge difference is a welcome breath of fresh air after so many years of car dominance gravy training titles in F1.

I’ve become a huge fan of Moto GP thanks to this site turning me onto the series. Thank you F1 Tech. =D>
Watching F1 since 1986.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Seeing Marc in full confidence mode was amazing! It's a shame the win went away. If he can continue to build on his COTA performance, he is going to make the factory Ducati riders look second grade.

Acosta is a great addition to the field! Would love to see Acosta and Marc having consistent fast bikes to see them duel.

What a race! Fix that f***ng tyre pressure problems and let the riders push the whole race, like it was in COTA. =D>

Andres125sx

Chuckjr wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 08:42
COTA!! What a fantastic race!!! Edge of the seat for the first entire half!! Wow! I’m so impressed. F1 can only dream of such tight competition at the very top. Winner came back from something like 10th? In a slower bike than the top contenders who were ahead of him? Wut. So impressive.

Shame Marc threw it away while in the lead. I think he would have won it had he not needlessly dumped it. If he can just pull in his aggression just a tiny little bit, he will be unstoppable.

It’s fantastic an Aprillia and KTM took top two positions. So impressive. And a 19 year old(!!!) rookie is taking the top guys to task…in a Gas Gas KTM!!! WHAT?? YES!!! Just outstanding stuff!! I wish Williams could pull off such a weekend. It would bring so much life to F1.

Watching a series where the driver skill set actually makes a huge, huge difference is a welcome breath of fresh air after so many years of car dominance gravy training titles in F1.

I’ve become a huge fan of Moto GP thanks to this site turning me onto the series. Thank you F1 Tech. =D>
Marquez said after the race he had front brake problems. Actually he said some of his passes were not on purpose, but the result of the bike braking less than expected :o

He said he took the lead to see if clean air solved the problem, but he crashed anycase when that front brake failed again

Disclaimer: I guess problem was minimal, or he'd have crashed at first time brakes failed, but anycase leading the race with a 2023 bike which had some problem, is amazing

Chuckjr

Good to know it was a failure of his equipment and not a failure of his skill set. That is amazing he was making passes because of his brake issues. Wow! Making lemonade out of lemons on the fly. Damn. =D>

I’ve been incredibly impressed with what MM is doing with year old equipment. The dude is like Senna or Schumacher was in F1 — simply in another category of talent from everybody else. It’s amazing to watch. Fearless. Can’t wait for the next race. =D>

And wow, who is the rookie making pace on the KTM Gas Gas?? :wtf: =D> He’s only going to get faster and I’m sure he will be picked up and handed a huge contract with a better bike next year.

So much to look forward to in the MotoGP series.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Andres125sx

Indeed, I've been waiting for this season with loads more excitement than F1, which is way, way too predictable

cheeRS
cheeRS

Chuckjr wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 17:30
Good to know it was a failure of his equipment and not a failure of his skill set. That is amazing he was making passes because of his brake issues. Wow! Making lemonade out of lemons on the fly. Damn. =D>

I’ve been incredibly impressed with what MM is doing with year old equipment. The dude is like Senna or Schumacher was in F1 — simply in another category of talent from everybody else. It’s amazing to watch. Fearless. Can’t wait for the next race. =D>

And wow, who is the rookie making pace on the KTM Gas Gas?? :wtf: =D> He’s only going to get faster and I’m sure he will be picked up and handed a huge contract with a better bike next year.

So much to look forward to in the MotoGP series.

If you're new to MotoGP and like what you see from Marquez, watch some of the previous seasons when he was on the Honday (Pre 2020). In fact, start with the 2013 season when Marc was a rookie (spoiler alert - he won the championship as a rookie, beating Rossi, Lorenzo and Pedrosa :o )
🤭 wrote:
“Being the 'most successful statistically' has nothing to do with being the 'best'. neither when it comes to the cars, nor when it comes to the drivers” 😂