2024 FIM MotoGP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
CHT
CHT

Re: 2024 FIM MotoGP World Championship

Marc will go into the next race with new confidence while other riders will be spending more time watching over their shoulders.

Sad to see Honda trailing at the back

Andres125sx

Suzuki out, Honda and Yamaha at the bottom, and Aprilia and KTM at the front. I would have never believe it some seasons back

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Dunlay wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 10:28
Seeing Marc in full confidence mode was amazing! It's a shame the win went away. If he can continue to build on his COTA performance, he is going to make the factory Ducati riders look second grade.

Acosta is a great addition to the field! Would love to see Acosta and Marc having consistent fast bikes to see them duel.

What a race! Fix that f***ng tyre pressure problems and let the riders push the whole race, like it was in COTA. =D>
Pre-injury Marquez would be wiping the floor with this field, even on the year-old Ducati.

I think you can visibly see through the twisty S1 in COTA that he does not have the ability to shift his weight as aggressively as used to be able to. I'd love to see him gain more confidence, but I dont think he's ever gonna be the old Marc.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Would recommend the latest Jerez race for MotoGP to watch - it is a belting race.

Real life tension! The rider making all the difference
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Dunlay
Dunlay

Marc is getting to grips with the Ducati. As the year progresses, he would be a serious concern for 2024 Desmosedici riders who obviously have an performance advantage with that bike for now.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

I dont think Marquez will have the consistency to keep it up, but man it'd amazing to see him actually challenging for the championship.

Chuckjr

Epic race. The outside pass on the second lap by Bagnaia was insane good. That set the tone for the whole race. I think all the other guys were shocked he pulled off that move. =D> =D>

Loved watching MM almost take the win. Outstanding drive from him. He is so on the edge. 8) It’s a lot like watching Senna. =D> He seems to be riding the knife edge the entire race just like Senna used to. Every corner. Wiggling onto every straight. It amazes me the tight competition of the series. Almost any driver can win. It’s like watching F1 in the 80’s all over again.

MotoGP commentators are superb and very knowledgeable and appropriately humorous. They are not corny like F1. You never hear the MotoGP guys constantly delivering idiotic statements like “The old switch-a-roo!!” and screaming non stop the entire opening lap. They have self-respect and tact. Show camera work and production is also outstanding. F1 could learn a lot from MotoGP.
Watching F1 since 1986.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Chuckjr wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 07:27
Epic race. The outside pass on the second lap by Bagnaia was insane good. That set the tone for the whole race. I think all the other guys were shocked he pulled off that move. =D> =D>

Loved watching MM almost take the win. Outstanding drive from him. He is so on the edge. 8) It’s a lot like watching Senna. =D> He seems to be riding the knife edge the entire race just like Senna used to. Every corner. Wiggling onto every straight. It amazes me the tight competition of the series. Almost any driver can win. It’s like watching F1 in the 80’s all over again.

MotoGP commentators are superb and very knowledgeable and appropriately humorous. They are not corny like F1. You never hear the MotoGP guys constantly delivering idiotic statements like “The old switch-a-roo!!” and screaming non stop the entire opening lap. They have self-respect and tact. Show camera work and production is also outstanding. F1 could learn a lot from MotoGP.
Really envy the MotoGP graphics package, that's one really underrated part of MotoGP. The live sector timings and splits during battles, lean angle graphics, gap update with arrows on the timing tower. Liberty could learn a lot from its acquisition.
Marc needs to be provided with the updated spec GP23 soon. Or perhaps a factory seat for next year.

Andres125sx

CMSMJ1 wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 18:39
Would recommend the latest Jerez race for MotoGP to watch - it is a belting race.

Real life tension! The rider making all the difference
Epic race!

Only that I wonder what would have been the result if Marquez was riding 2024 Ducati...

Andres125sx

Chuckjr wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 07:27

Indeed! Can you believe I didn´t notice Bagnaia pass until the replays at the end of the race? What a pass! =D> =D> =D>

It was an epic battle, I was afraid of a crash of any of them (Peco or Marc) most of the race, they both were on the edge the whole race, or at least last 2/3 of it.

Unfortunate crash from Martin, but he´s still leading the championship so it will only provide even more excitement to the title fight

It was a pity Acosta crashed and he had to race with the second bike. Also, Pedrosa crash was deceiving, I was rooting for him

ds.raikkonen

What. A. Race. Speechless.

Huge respect to both Marc and Pecco for giving their 100% and toughing it out, giving us a battle to remember! Shame for Martin crashing out, he looked on course to extend his WC lead but could not, shades of 2023 peeking again when everyone thought he had moved on, but still its only his first bad weekend in 2024.

Surely among the Jerez classics which people will remember. Thankfully no drama at Lorenzo corner in the end, though 'rubbing' did happen well before that one :mrgreen:
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Andres125sx

ds.raikkonen wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 12:27
Thankfully no drama at Lorenzo corner in the end, though 'rubbing' did happen well before that one :mrgreen:
Indeed, at Moto2 there were I think 6 or 7 crashes at last corner, all of them exactly the same, when riders missed the apex by around a meter they all lost the front wheel at exactly same spot. Someone at MotoGP said before the race (maybe Martín?) they were told to raise the bike if going a bit long to avoid that spot

CHT
CHT

Seanspeed wrote:
28 Apr 2024, 23:04
I dont think Marquez will have the consistency to keep it up, but man it'd amazing to see him actually challenging for the championship.
I think Jerez is the turning point for Marc Marquez as time to familiarise himself with Ducati is over. Marc will likely be regular top 3 finisher for remaining of the season