Alpine A524

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Henk_v
Henk_v

Re: Alpine A524

They had the max amount of supports and needed one for the "tongue", that's why the edge has one support less

PlatinumZealot

Upgrades seem to have worked. Shows again that small miscaluclations are heavily punished in this GE era.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Foryster
Foryster

I think they havent maxed out the upgrades yet. It was both downforce + significant weight reduction (it is said 3,6kg). It should have been around 0,3 sec per lap at least. However Ocon was just slightly quicker than Gasly who was without upgrades.

In my opinion in Miami (this track suits them) we should see full potential (inc. further / final weight reduction to be delivered). So they should be somewhere at the border of Q3 and aiming for first points this year.

yepp4
yepp4

Foryster wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 10:23
I think they havent maxed out the upgrades yet. It was both downforce + significant weight reduction (it is said 3,6kg). It should have been around 0,3 sec per lap at least. However Ocon was just slightly quicker than Gasly who was without upgrades.

In my opinion in Miami (this track suits them) we should see full potential (inc. further / final weight reduction to be delivered). So they should be somewhere at the border of Q3 and aiming for first points this year.
Agree and at the same time, again a sprint race format this weekend, so not a lot of time to test and make progress, at least they have two cars to run different programs. Points are not too far but they still need someone at the top to have an issue.

Foryster
Foryster

Still they were always weak during sprint weekends (it is said - due to poor simulator)

yepp4
yepp4

Welcome to Miami with both A524 now under weight limit, let's see where those >0.2s are!

Tweet from A. Fabrega below: they will probably run different programs between Esteban (low downforce) and Pierre (high downforce). First answers in a few minutes.

Last edited by yepp4 on 03 May 2024, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

organic

Apparently they're at the weight limit for first time this season at Miami.