China 2006 & Ferrari engine issue

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

boban-mk wrote:For all of you that didn't comment on the race and again talks about FIA and Ferrari, i can say, at least for moment stop, because your comments are so tendencious in this moments, so when in future you will write some truth nobody will believe in that.
This is general chat and even more this is technical forum and I made remark and asked how alteration of braking system during the race can be legal and bhallg2k cleared that out - it was decision made by Charile Whiting. So it is "by the book" although Charlie Whiting isn't the best person one should let interpret what's written in the book.

boban-mk

manchild wrote:This is general chat and even more this is technical forum and I made remark and asked how alteration of braking system during the race can be legal and bhallg2k cleared that out - it was decision made by Charile Whiting. So it is "by the book" although Charlie Whiting isn't the best person one should let interpret what's written in the book.
You are correct, but i'm sure that your comments will not be like this if Alonso did win and schumaher was third. Then you will probably comment on Alonlo win. That's way I write it's tendencious.

joseff

FLC wrote:Fisi saved Renault's ass today, excuse my french. He did really good today.
Well it's gracious of you to give some credit to Fisi... I'd say he screwed his employers royally by giving up that first corner.

bhall
bhall

I don't think Fisi had much of a choice there. Every driver coming out on dry tires for the first time was losing it in that corner.

Scuderia_Russ

wazojugs wrote:At this stage in the race he was only 6 secs behind and by looking at his pace in the closing stages he would have won.
Schu probably had the revs turned down, I suspect he had something in reserve. Even then Alonso would have had to get past! What a complete comedy of errors from Renault.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

djones
djones

"Schu probably had the revs turned down, I suspect he had something in reserve. Even then Alonso would have had to get past! What a complete comedy of errors from Renault."

I agree.

Also, that was the last race on that engine for MS (I think) and the first for FA's car. FA having to push that hard and MS having a new engine at the next race will be quite good from MS' point of view.

FLC
FLC

Fisi guarded Alonso for a long time at the start. He then continued doing so when MS got behind, after Kimi retired. He also protected Alonso for a few laps when he was doing really bad, which earned Alonso some more time. He stayed in second place and in fact saved it for Alonso. I am not sure that if someone else was infront of Alonso he would get past so quickly. What happened to him in the first corner on dry tires happened to all the drivers out there, including MS at that same time (he mentioned it in the PC). All that adds up to the 2 points he got for Alonso and the other 6 for the team. I'd say thats a very good job.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Worth getting up early for..........a rivetting race and two champion drives. FA & MS both did an incredible job. Sadly Fisi showed us why he is not a top class driver - all he had to do was keep it on the dry bit at T1 and force MS out onto the damp stuff..........he failed to do that. Also, had no pace compared to FA.

A well deserved win from MS - he put himself in a position to make the most of any chance that came his way and he took it.

FA - as we saw, a bad tyre decision and then a sticky wheel nut screwed his chances, but to pull off a P2 in all that showed how good he is.

Now.....I wonder who turned the power off on the Renault pit wall JUST BEFORE the first round of stops :twisted:

Grudging respect again for BMW (grudging 'cause the evil Hun has screwed team Willie :wink: ) - credit to the team and both drivers.

DC had a brave and solid drive - could have paid off too....

FLC
FLC

RH1300S wrote: Sadly Fisi showed us why he is not a top class driver - all he had to do was keep it on the dry bit at T1 and force MS out onto the damp stuff..........he failed to do that. Also, had no pace compared to FA.
Like mentioned before, all drivers had problems keeping the car on the dry line at T1. Maybe it has something to do with its unique layout, as drivers take different lines through it.

Fisi did what he had to do as a team member and comparing his pace to that of Alonso isnt fair. At first he had to protect him and hence drive slower. When Alonso was doing bad he kept on watching his back and still didnt go as fast as he probably could, but was still good enough to stay ahead of MS when he came out of his pitstop. After Alonso passed him he had no business trying to match his pace, because he would finish 3rd anyhow. He just had to watch the car and engine. I dont see how you can compare between them.

Alexis
Alexis

This was one of the best races of this season.

Alonso showed once again that he is incredibly good. He only made one little mistake. But I think you should not blame Fisi. At some points he was good and helped FA a lot. Right after the start he blocked Raikkonen and at a certain time FA lost 3secs/lap on MS. Fisi held up Schumi at least 2 laps, giving FA at least 6 secs. Ok maybe he could have blocked Schumi after his stop, but it's not that easy blocking somebody on new tires and on a partly wet track.

But I will remember this race as a Ferrari/Shumi masterpiece. Absolutely no mistake at all. If god was driving that car he wouldn't have done better than Schumi I think. Things became quite close to perfection.

I really hoped for a good result for Raikkonen, he really had a good chance of winning, but luck is rarely by his side.

BMW was very impressive today, they really get a lot respect from me. It really is a pitty that they tried slicks on Kubicas car, but ok he's still young and will have a lot of races to show what he can do. We will not see that guy dissapear in the next years I think. Villeneuve who?

With pain in the heart I saw that Toyota were the big losers, I hope they'll show us something in their own Japan :D
Show that you're a loser with a lot of money who can't get a racing license, drive the Gumball 3000...

Surry fer mai bed Hinglish

Vasco

You've got to give it to ferrari though. When the pressure is on they seem to hande it well and make less mistakes as opposed to their competitors. BTW do you guys think that alonso's speed during the closing stages is a sign that renault have really improved their package for these last few races. If so then we're in for a fantastic races in japan and brazil. :D :D

wazojugs

Vasco wrote:You've got to give it to ferrari though. When the pressure is on they seem to hande it well and make less mistakes as opposed to their competitors. BTW do you guys think that alonso's speed during the closing stages is a sign that renault have really improved their package for these last few races. If so then we're in for a fantastic races in japan and brazil. :D :D
I think that they are on the same pace as ferrari, it has taken a few races to get over the mass damper saga.

But your right, the last two races are going to be sensational, plus its going down to the last race, well only if both FA and MS manage to finish in japan. Should one of them crash out and the other wins in japan then its game over

Lightspeed

manchild, get over your childish rants.

Anybody who thinks the FIA are partial to any specific team and still watches F1 is a moron for sure.

wazojugs

Looking at the 5 day weather forecast it looks like a possibility of rain at suzuka. Another nail biter coming up

wazojugs

Lightspeed wrote:manchild, get over your childish rants.

Anybody who thinks the FIA are partial to any specific team and still watches F1 is a moron for sure.
Manchild please keep them coming as i agree alot with what you post, as alot of people think that F1 started in the year 2000. also its adds some spice and fun to ferrari fan baiting, they will bite at anything.

you will have to dream up another picture scam.... :)