Upcoming downtime / update

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Principessa

Tomba will fix that if he gets home from work :wink:

If there are other members that have some problems with the poll or some other things, please mention it here!

vyselegend

Nice work you two! 8)

I had effectively some pop-ups twice, one was an e-bay add and I don't know for the second since I closed it before seing. It happens here at work with IE.

Principessa

One thing is very very good about the new lay-out. Tomba's hard work on the Development blog can been seen on the homepage now and more people find their way to the Development blog and put their reactions about the developments online :wink:

R1ceboy32
R1ceboy32

The new layout seems much better... but is it just me or does the new layout not work with FireFox. All i see in Firefox is the random quote, todays events, newsletter and the navigation bar on the left.

Steven
Owner

I think it must be a local problem as I work with firefox too, and I will make for sure it works for me obviously ;) Here it's FF 1.5.0.7 so the latest version at this time.

My best bet is to hit ctrl+F5 in order to do a full refresh. If that doesn't help, maybe it is some add-on that is causing the problem.

Btw, I noticed the gallery block on the home page doesn't work as it should, but I can't fix it at the moment. Will do so as soon as possible

Scuderia_Russ

Wow, just logged on at college and this place is looking fresher than ever. Nice one guys.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

Just one observation...

Users who want to use "Remember me" option need to enter their name and password and they are logged in for good while users who don't want to be remembered have to check out that box every time they log in. That seams illogical. If someone wants to be remembered he'll check that box once and forget about it. I see no reason why that check box should be checked by default when page is loaded because it needs to be unchecked all the time.

Principessa

After the new lay-out came online, newsnow doesn't seem to put online our newsarticles anymore. Tomba already sent an email to them and yesterdayevening they've put all my newsarticles online at once, but today the didn't publish anything of us again. The ones that check for our news at newsnow, please just come straight to our homepage as I write news everyday, so there are always some new scoops online here :wink:

Steven
Owner

manchild wrote:Just one observation...

Users who want to use "Remember me" option need to enter their name and password and they are logged in for good while users who don't want to be remembered have to check out that box every time they log in. That seams illogical. If someone wants to be remembered he'll check that box once and forget about it. I see no reason why that check box should be checked by default when page is loaded because it needs to be unchecked all the time.
There are several simple and very good motivations for it:
- When you come back, you're immediately recognised
- Apart from you manchild, all the people I know use autologin
- Any fear for security is just anxiety, the worst that can happen is that someone posts of you. BUT, passwords are encrypted, both when stored in the cookie as in the database.

Tom

I like this way better, its much easier because it used to be so whenever I logged in at school I had to re-log in here, now I just go straight on. Not a very clear description, I hope you understand.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

boban-mk

Question for Tomba.
Why forum topics are not visible immediately and i have to scroll to see them?

R1ceboy32
R1ceboy32

i found my problem. I didnt notice that i've been running firefox version 1.0.7 for a while... thanks nice site

manchild
manchild

I can't insert pictures from imageshack anymore :(

I wonder why imageshack won't allow linking to f1tecnical :?

Steven
Owner

boban-mk wrote:Question for Tomba.
Could you explain this a bit? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Also for everyone: there is still a problem with displaying the latest images from the gallery on the index page. I'm closing in on a solution and will work on it a bit more tonight. Sorry for the trouble.

And finally, a newsletter has not been sent for this update because I need to update the style a bit, will check into it tonight too ;)

boban-mk

Tomba wrote:
boban-mk wrote:Question for Tomba.
Could you explain this a bit? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
Page is separated in many parts like News headlines, Forum Topics, Random quote, Developments, Technical Articles and Newest Pictures in gallery.
I would like that Forum Topics and Random quote are not at the end of page and are not visible immediately. Maybe to be at the second column at the top, where now are Developments part of page. I suggest this because News headlines and Forum topics are more frequently changed then others.
Also News headlines and Devolpment parts have diferent style of titles (headings) than other parts.