Hayden new MotoGP champion

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Ciro Pabón

Hayden new MotoGP champion

Nice race at Ricardo Tormo track we saw here at ESPN. Rossi fell on the fourth lap and ended in 13th position. Hayden gets one for America! For the first time since the inception of Moto GP, Rossi loses one championship.

At the start there was an incident in which Rossi and Hayden touched. Funny, I've never seen one like that.
Ciro

wazojugs

Congrats to nicky he has riden well this year.

I bet rossi wishes he had his arse on the bike testing and developing the bike rather than sat in the ferrari earlier in the year

Tom

ginsu wrote:
Well, Rossi's talents on a bike, IMO are due to his uncanny ability to shift his weight around the bike and still remain attached to it....
That was a badly timed comment :)

I don't think Rossie will mind that much, he's won a few before. I thought the American's had their own series?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Spyker MF1

Yea the AMA superbike series. Shame I really don't like Hayden would of been happy to see anyone win the championship than him
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

www.trf1.net
www.trf1.net

congratilations hayden congratilations repsol honda...
this must be bad for rossi the doctor : )

Tom

I suppose i should say well done Nicky. Don't know much about MotoGP but anyone who can beat someone with Rossi's credentials on a bike deserves a pat on the back. Maybe Rossi should concentrate less on rallying and F1 and leave it to people with skill rather than cash flow.

He'll get his come-uppance in New Zealand, just watch.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Hayden isn't my first choice of champion either, he did well tho & congratulations. He cant have been happy after Dani P's little error last race, I would like to place a bet that DP is very, very relieved!! lol

Im a Rizla-Suzuki guy tho, I get to follow the British Superbike Suzuki team through a contact & have now seen quite a few races live, Its one hell of a spectacle, motorbikes are so much more visual than cars, the amount you see the bikes squirming as the riders keep just on the limit is superb :)

No traffic at races either, just loads of bikers ;)
MMIAFN

joseff

And let's not forget: congratulations to Ilmor and McCoy for winning the 2006 800cc world championship.

ketanpaul

Congrats to Hayden...............he was pretty good this year........nice to see the doctor losing for a while :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ciro Pabón

wazojugs wrote:Congrats to nicky he has riden well this year.

I bet rossi wishes he had his arse on the bike testing and developing the bike rather than sat in the ferrari earlier in the year
About the incident: I swear I saw Rossi's face hitting Hayden's arse! :lol: That was the funny part... I believe Hayden must have thought "I am not letting this guy catching me again"!

I wonder if Hayden will get a Ferrari test drive next year.... nahhh, I'm just joking.
Ciro

ginsu
ginsu

Tom wrote:ginsu wrote:
Well, Rossi's talents on a bike, IMO are due to his uncanny ability to shift his weight around the bike and still remain attached to it....
That was a badly timed comment :)

I don't think Rossie will mind that much, he's won a few before. I thought the American's had their own series?
Well every dog has his day. :)
I love to love Senna.

vs331
vs331

Hayden is a totally undeserving and probably the most luckiest 'world champion' in all of motorsport, ever . I mean that guy has won only 3 GPs in his life (2 of them at Laguna seca, his home track and the other where 4-5 regular riders were out/injured) and he is world champion?? I couldn't believe the doctor comitting that kind of mistake under pressure. Hayden really needs to thank Gibernau for causing that mayhem in Barcelona, without we which he would have been just another ordinary rider that he is and may be we would have seen a Capirossi take Ducati to the champioship. No wonder Gibernau has been dumped for life by everyone in Motogp.

joseff

Well Nicky might have lucked his way to the throne, but along the way he beat Honda's golden boy Dani Pedrosa. Not to mention Marco Melandri. And while the RC211V may not be the quickest in a single lap, it's been very consistent for the whole year. Compare that to Yamaha's multiple DNF and, as you mentioned, Sete Gibernau's effort to sabotage Ducati's season.

Next year is a different story, and Nicky knows it. All of Honda's attention would be on Pedrosa, and the 800cc Ducati looks to be the class of the preseason. But this year, he clearly took advantage of Yamaha's and Ducati's problems, and beat his teammate in the process. He saw half a chance and took it. He deserves the championship.

Remember, Raikkonen was 2nd in 2003, 2 points off Schumacher, after winning only 1 race. You wouldn't call that undeserving, would you?
(B3W4r3 tHa Wr4Th 0f K1M1 F4nB0|ZZZzz!!!111!!11)

RH1300S
RH1300S

Well, congrats to Hayden - at the end of the day you can't take this away from him. Although I love bike racing (and bikes) I can't comment in much depth about some of the above. From what I have seen Nicky is far from talentless - he's been riding well.

Shocked to hear Gibernau may be out of MotoGP (I have no idea of the background) - I rate him as a top flight racer (if not very top), a sort of DC on two wheels if you like ;)

Reca
Reca

I think the rules are clear since the start of the season, the one with more points will take the championship, not the one with more talent. Hayden is the one with more points, he clearly deserves it.
Then the fact that to win it he had to exploit others misfortunes is pointless; he did, given his potential, the perfect season, never made mistakes and collected points in all races but 1 (Estoril) and that one clearly wasn’t his fault.
Sure he’s not the most talented out there, but it’s the only one who raced all season long, as average, at his maximum potential.
Look at the points, he got 250 more or less, which means 14-15 per race, that corresponds looking at the point system to the 4th-5th position.
And that’s IMO his position in term of talent on the MotoGp grid, there are at least 3-4 riders with more talent and higher potential than Hayden, in a “normal” race he has an hard time to fight for the podium. But races aren’t “normal” otherwise we wouldn’t even have races, we would just look at the performance on paper and give the title to the best.
This year many drivers didn’t achieve as many points as the potential would allow, I don’t care if it was because of bad luck, mechanical failures, whatever, most didn’t, Hayden did. For that alone he deserves the title.

Then we can discuss if the rules, the point system in particular, are fair. IMHO to give points till the 15th makes sense in 125 with 40+ bikes, not in MotoGP where the grid is composed by 19-20 bikes and at least 6 of them absolutely non-competitive (being it because of bike, tyres or rider).
I also believe that the difference in points between the various positions is too small.
Still that’s something that is well known since several years and already caused “strange” situations in the past, they never changed it so I assume that the people involved don’t have problems with it.
Anyway point remains that all the riders know how it works since the start, so it’s not Hayden fault and certainly doesn’t make his title less deserved.