Honda trying to woo Brawn

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ketanpaul

Well, I also think if Ross goes to Honda, Ferrari might get Pat Symonds who will be obviously frustrated after his current season

whiplash

What I was trying to say with Honda they took complete control at BAR and then removed Mr willis as tech director for Shuhei Nakamoto was I dreaming or was the Bar Honda on pole at melbourne last sason and did the old car not out qualify them this year to me they seem to be following Toyotas lead and doing things the japanese way and it aint working

bizadfar
bizadfar

ketanpaul wrote:Well, I also think if Ross goes to Honda, Ferrari might get Pat Symonds who will be obviously frustrated after his current season
He"ll be fine, he had some poor years with Benetton remember.
I think Ross will be offered a new position within Ferrari. Throughout articles it seems he prioritises something within Ferrari but different to the usual job.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58452

From Autosport, Brawn talking about Ferrari and what he is planning to do in the near future, but he reminds us that his priority is Ferrari. No return as technical director, but still no clear role. Seems to be Ferrari's thing now a days, ambiguity. As with M.Schumacher and his role as well.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Is Braun still under contract to Ferrari? From the way things are playing out, it appears so. He wants new challenges, does not want his former position, and seeks to find a resolution within Ferrari to meet his desires. To me that sounds like a person who is at an impasse with his employer and position, could not go elsewhere, so is just sitting it out until his contract expires and can move forward. Obviously, his loyalties to Ferrari push him to seek a position there, but if it can't be worked out, expect him to take a challenging job at a well funded, but struggling team. Toyota or Honda anyone?