Introduce yourself here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
hotpup
hotpup

Re: Introduce yourself here

Hi,
Im Kevin from sunny South Africa. Great to be here and look forward to making some new friends.
I run a sim racing league of my own on GTR2 and rFactor. We have just started and only have 5 drivers so far. :oops:
I suppose we have to start somewhere.
I do a lot of F1 racing, but mostly offline. Gonna change that! :roll:

Great being here.

http://shadowracingrsa.com/ Pop in and say Hi!

Swipez
Swipez

HI, Stu from Birmingham UK.

Always wanted to join an F1 forum but found them catty, harsh environments.

I Googled "most beautiful cars in F1" and a thread from here came up which I drooled over for an hour then I browsed the forum and saw you guys are a friendly bunch :D .

Massive JB fan, respect Martin Brundle and no, I don't hate Vettel - everybody hated Schumacher in his glory-years (myself one of them) yet we look back at his career in awe; hopefully we'll be the same about Seb but I'm of the opinion that we should appreciate great talent when we see it and not claim F1 is boring because Red Bull/Vettel supersede it!

Current badboy of the sport for me is Sutil - a nasty arrogant driver who has bundles of talent but fails to deliver - all my own opinion of course :wink:

Been watching F1 since '97 but admit never been to an event due to finances and friends/family who aren't interested in it. Weird as it is I work for Jaguar Cars but have never had the opportunity to obtain tickets when they were a team in F1... on my Bucket List to attend a race/weekend [-o<

My only knowledge of F1 is websites and watching most practices, qualifying & races religiously since BBC won the rights back in '09... which happens to be my fave year as JB destroyed everyone for the first half 8)

I'm open-minded and can't wait to hear everyones' knowledge, expertise and opinions on this fascinating sport!

Moxie
Moxie

Hello,

I have a strange background. I have a BA in microbiology and spent time in a PhD program for biochemistry and molecular biology. I was unhappy so I quit grad school and went into the family trade of industrial insulation. Currently I am a tradesman in the insulation/energy industry where I focus on work in refineries, and fossil and nuclear power plants. Through it all I have remained a F1 fan and unashamed nerd. Both careers involve thermodynamics, but at complete opposites of the spectrum; within a cell and throughout a huge mechanical system. It has been 20 years since I've had to do any real thermodynamic caluclations so I am not likely to get into any delta T/delta t arguments. Instead I tend to think in terms of the location of heat...keeping it where it is wanted, or moving it away from where it is not wanted.

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

hello I'm a serbian doc, working in developing countries now
love f1 and this great site =D>

williamdal
williamdal

Hello to all people on this community

Hi to all members on this community i am thanks to the administrator of this forum for approve my account i am sure here i got better knowledge thanks again. My name is Ronald.

txGreene
txGreene

Hi,

I'm Oli, an Audio Engineer by training, but working in Broadcast at the moment. An electronics 'engineer', designing audio products and building musical instruments and amplifiers. Trying to get into mechanical design, but have a passion for UI and ergonomics too.

I've been lurking for a while and am in debt to all who have been posting, the quality and depth of knowledge here is just astounding, thanks very much! I hope to chip in and continue learning, but don't expect me to be talking about aero or powertrain details any time soon!

Cheers

-Felix-
-Felix-

Hello from me,

my Name is Felix and I am an engineer, living in Germany near Stuttgart. I am working in the Automotive Industry and was always very interested in Motorsports. I also have been a teamleader in the Formula Student team during my studies (Suspension).

I have always read along in the Forum without registering because I thought, there are so well informed guys in here, there is nothing I can contribute from my knowledge. But as a colleague is also a member, I thought I should give it a shot, because at lunch we were talking about nothing other than Motorsports and Threads from F1T anyway :D

So, in hope for a good time,

kind regards,
Felix

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

hello everyone,

I'm an American F1 fan since 2011, located near Washington DC. Since then I'd been a regular of another f1 forum that I recently lost interest in, so I have just made my way here. My first impressions of the forum are that it's really well organized and respectful, so I'm looking forward to coming back and have some interesting discussions with you all.

I don't really have any favorite teams or drivers (except Maldonado being my anti-favorite). I really just like watching for the sport and engineering involved. I am SUPER excited about the regulation changes this year, and even more about the financial changes and Honda coming in 2015.

The last couple years, I also enjoyed participating in a Fantasy League, so I may look to get involved in that as well.

Anyway, see you all around!

pevosan
pevosan

Hello,

Pierre-Éric, I'm french, 40 years old and I like F1.

Draco

Hello everybody,

I found out about this forum some days ago, turns out I'm following the discussions everyday.
Italian fan of Ferrari, I like both emotional and technical side of F1, that's why I liked this forum.

Ready for the next season, See you around!
Daje Rossa!

Shrieker

Welcome aboard everyone :-P
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

OdinYggd
OdinYggd

Hi there. 26 year old industrial mechanic, but I've been around cars and engines as long as I've been old enough to use a wrench.

Hoping to pick up some new ideas for an engine project I've worked on since 2008, which so far has turned its proof of concept into a fire breathing beauty- that suffers a crippling design flaw and cannot run on its own.

madalinilinca
madalinilinca

Hi. I am Madalin ILINCA

Hello to all members. I am 33 years old and I like motorsport and racing. I have raced on all big servers( iRacing, race2play, nogripracing, etc) where I have won many races( from keyboard and steering wheel). My last price and unique wining it was on the F2 simulator from Mihai Marinescu ( real driver from Formula 2 Championship and winner). I recived one offer to race on the FSR Championshipo but I refused due to my retirement from simracing. I want to share some experience with all from here and to spend some time with the same enthusiasths people. Look forward to see many things here.

Tik

Hello everyone.

I'm Karthik, and I've been a reader of F1 Technical for quite some time now. Of late, I've been paying attention to the forums and have finally decided to join it. Studying Mechanical Engineering in India, I aim to be an engineer in motorsport.

Having grown up watching Michael Schumacher, I'm a huge fan of his. Among the current crop, I'd probably say that I like Kimi and Alonso the most. And although I'd like it if Red Bull didn't win as much, I'm very respectful of their engineering capability.

Hope I get to know all of you better! :)
Karthik Venkatesan

321apex
321apex

Since I have not done this here in spite of already providing few comments, I would like to provide some background about myself.

I have been following racing since late 70's as a young boy. The battle between Lauda and Hunt was on my radar screen at that time, so it was nice to relive the moments watching the movie Rush.

As a professional engineer, I have been involved with several automotive engineering projects.
Early on at an OEM level activity that allowed me to gain insight into the science of empirical computational modelling and simulation of engine performance and friction. Later I worked on variable lift valvetrains (V-TEC type), balance shaft systems as well as development and optimization of boosted engines of Miller cycle variety.

Later on my career path took me into racing, where over 10 years I had a chance to take part in multitude of exciting racing engine projects. Those included CART, NASCAR, NHRA drag racing, SCORE off road desert and Grand Am.