French GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
waynes
waynes

French GP 2007

hatrick of wins for hamilton anyone?

will kimi finally wake up and blow massa away?

will jenson finally get on the scoresheet? (fingers crossed)

pRo

Will Heikki continue on the path he set overseas? I hope so. 8) He mentioned that this weeks testing was very promising and they should be able to challenge and even beat the BMW's. Apparently they found something in Silverstone, that made the car clearly faster, according to Heikki.

He also mentioned that they will introduce a new nose for Hungary or Turkey. It got delayed cause of some changes in aerodynamics personnel. :?

(then again, we can only assume that every team has improved during the testing, so who knows)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

checkered

Well, bidding farewell

to a circuit is always a bit sad. Nevers Magny-Cours never was the favorite track on the calendar for me, but in a sense it's nature has been more honestly "French" than having a race that'd circulate around some iconic-building-come-stereotype like Versailles, l'Arc de Triomphe or, indeed, the Eiffel tower.

"Formula une, hein? Alors, we'll build a circuit, a beutiful circuit with an impeccable surface ... we'll reconsider the layout, we'll make it with a French difference. The driver, he will play with conserving momentum, but at the last turn, oh, we'll take that away from him - he will face the physical embodiment of this life where everything is finite. For seventy times per race, he will have to restart a lap from a point of almost inert depression, all the horsepower in the World inutilisable for a moment.

Oui, it will be a metaphysical circuit, built deep in the undistinctive countryside to contrast the follies of self promotion, to be played to an audience of cows. If anyone can appreciate the irony of going around in circles as fast as possible, it will surely be the creature with four stomachs and indigestion through all its waking hours in the service of providing us with milk, meat and leather. The cow and the driver, they will meet eye to eye and think: "Yes, we're the same, my friend. We're the same."

Adieu, Magny. C'était futile, c'était beau.
http://www.magnyf1.com/

ketanpaul

I really hope Massa wins but not from pole, I want him to overtake a couple of guys on track on his way to a win :lol: :lol:

m3_lover

I wonder if Ferrari can compete with Mclaren for this GP..I want to see a close race between the top teams. Also I forget the member who mentioned Suzie Stoddart..but she was just on the lastest episode of fifth gear. Also I might change my signature as the new die Hard movie is coming out this weekend :P
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Sawtooth-spike

ketanpaul wrote:I really hope Massa wins but not from pole, I want him to overtake a couple of guys on track on his way to a win :lol: :lol:
But we all know Massa Cant overtake unless his car is alot faster :wink:

I think he suffers from "Hill" Sindrome, Very very fast drivers, but Cant overtake for toffee.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

manchild
manchild

It is 100 years since FIAT won for the first time on a Grand Prix and 60th anniversary of Ferrari foundation so I guess they'll try very hard to bounce back on French GP.

waynes
waynes

manchild wrote:It is 100 years since FIAT won for the first time on a Grand Prix and 60th anniversary of Ferrari foundation so I guess they'll try very hard to bounce back on French GP.
to be honest i want kimi to win

nudge
nudge

gotta be nando for me.
im sure a few teams did find some pace at silverstone, but then again, i expect most of them did.
france should suit the maccas very well.

Tom

Honestly I'm secretly rooting for the BMWs, to add a twist to the championship. Esspecially Robert after his huge crash and the dissapointment of not making it to the USA start.

It was me who brought up Miss Stoddart, although I secretly root for Ickx

I heard an interview on Radio 2 (yes I'm that kind of guy 8) ) today with the stations favorite driver, Jenson Button. They introduced him as Honda's no.1 driver. Needless to say I didn't pay close attention after that.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Speaking of cows checkered, here's an amusing but adult content tidbit. http://www.pendland.com/html/cow.html

But seriously, Ferrari and Renault both claim big steps forward, we shall have to wait and see if the bragging carries weight.

allan
allan

waynes wrote:
manchild wrote:It is 100 years since FIAT won for the first time on a Grand Prix and 60th anniversary of Ferrari foundation so I guess they'll try very hard to bounce back on French GP.
to be honest i want kimi to win
r u kidding me? :D if he does, i'll climb my building's stairs (34 floors!) wearing nothing but my underwear :D :lol:

checkered

r u kidding me? if he does, i'll climb my building's stairs (34 floors!) wearing nothing but my underwear
Better wear briefs than boxers then, Allan! :lol: No, I'm not predicting a Kimi win as such, just thought that you should be forewarned that he tends to win whenever people commit to doing ridiculous things in case he does. Just ask journalist Bob McKenzie who ran buck naked around Silverstone in 2005 after predicting that McLaren wouldn't win a single race in 2004. Kimi promptly went ahead and won at Spa:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 668965.stm

BBC: British GP diary
Sunday, 10 July, 2005

Journalist Bob McKenzie ran a lap of Silverstone dressed in nothing but a sporran and body paint as a result of an ill-advised remark on BBC Radio Five Live.

The Daily Express writer said he would run naked around Silverstone if McLaren won a race in 2004.

Team boss Ron Dennis made him honour his pledge after Kimi Raikkonen won in Belgium.

The run raised money for a children's charity after fans made donations in return for voting on McLaren's website whether McKenzie should run naked or clothed.

Militia Est Vita

My money is on Fernando of course though it will be interesting to see what happends if the Ferraris are faster this time 8)

I'm also hoping to see the Renaults putting pressure on BMW and I think they will :D
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

pRo

Interesting. Fisico said that they have a new bottom and rear suspension. 8)

Heikki will have a fresh engine, unlike most. He also said the car has some new aerodynamic bits, which made the car two tenths faster.

Go Heikki go! :D
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you