Australian GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Metar

Re: [GP Australia 2008] Fri practice 2 comments...

meves wrote:Also any ideas why Honda aren't using their new rear wing? And what is the lump on the front of the Williams?

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/photolarge.ph ... =1103-3070
I don't see the lump you're referring to, but I'm shocked that the Williams mechanic has short pants. I half-expected them in full medieval armour and football-protection, in case Nakajima needs a fresh set of tyres... :lol:

As to the Honda - perhaps they were using it just sometimes? I mean, other teams had lots of different parts changed and removed. That third mirror at Renault especially...

sriraj1031
sriraj1031

Actually i do not see a third mirror on alonsos car, or am i blind??

axle
axle

sriraj1031 wrote:Actually i do not see a third mirror on alonsos car, or am i blind??
lol - I couldn't either, thought I was going mad!

Just to clear up my comments on the Ferrari pace, I want the Mac's to be faster, I'm just trying to not get my hopes up!
- Axle

Metar

Previous page, my post, shows a third mirror on Alonso's Renault. Might've been a quick test-item that was abandoned... But it was there at least enough time for this photo.

slimjim8201

I see two mirrors. Are you confusing the pitot stalk with a mirror support? Might be an illusion, but I'm struggling to find a third mirror...

freedom_honda

i can only see two. wheres the third one?

Metar

Very much of an illusion. I thought that middle stick thingy is the mirror's support :oops:

Spencifer_Murphy

A few friends of mine are getting excited about Hamilton's 0.9 secs fastest lap in P2, and Kimo's complaining about his setup.

I'm not looking into that too much, Kimi's setup was good enough for fastest lap of the day, and Lewis set that time on low fuel with soft tyres, whereas others were doing long run testing.

I think its going to be a Kimi race, pole-to-flag. Just hope he gets some sort of challege to make it interesting.

Other comments:
New FiF1 livery looks kinda cool, if too much like Macca
Ferrari livery looks like 2000 thingy (wierd white box somehow means "Marlboro?!)
Etihad are a Ferrari sponsor - since when?!

Toyota have switched back to using inboard mirrors (saw it when watching the live feed on itv.com/f1, can't find a link atm to a pic)
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Metar

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:Etihad are a Ferrari sponsor - since when?!
Since Vijay forced 'em out of FIF1... ;)

Mikacouli
Mikacouli

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:A few friends of mine are getting excited about Hamilton's 0.9 secs fastest lap in P2, and Kimo's complaining about his setup.

I'm not looking into that too much, Kimi's setup was good enough for fastest lap of the day, and Lewis set that time on low fuel with soft tyres, whereas others were doing long run testing.

I think its going to be a Kimi race, pole-to-flag. Just hope he gets some sort of challege to make it interesting.

Other comments:
New FiF1 livery looks kinda cool, if too much like Macca
Ferrari livery looks like 2000 thingy (wierd white box somehow means "Marlboro?!)
Etihad are a Ferrari sponsor - since when?!

Toyota have switched back to using inboard mirrors (saw it when watching the live feed on itv.com/f1, can't find a link atm to a pic)
Lewis has set his time in a I think 5 lap stint and you don't know how much fuel there was still in it at the end... Kimi's time could also been set with low fuel then.
all hopes on the MP4/24

Spencifer_Murphy

A 5 lap stint isn't a long one, and there's nothing to suggest there was more than that much fuel in the tank (although admittedly there's nothing to suggest there wasn't either :wink: )

Kimi's early day lap was low fuel yes, but his later day times apparently were all long stints (only going by what I've heard)

I just find that Lewis' lap wasn't that amazing when compared with the P1 times, and Kimi's lap from P1 is still fastest of the day.

Guess we just gotta wait and see (I'm so glad I booked Sunday off of work - got a friend's 21st b'day saturday night, going home to watch the race live (2am-5am) but THIS TIME I don't need to go in at 8am! YIPPEE!)
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Conceptual
Conceptual

Awesome...

Another well thought out LOST POST.

Thanks PHPBB gremlin, I hope you choked on it!

Chris

P_O_L

MARK WEBBER FOR PRESIDENT!!!
MARK WEBBER FOR 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 WORLD CHAMPION F1!!!
MARK WEBBER CAN DATE MY HOT SISTER ANY TIME!!!
RED BULL RULEZZ!!!

:) I am very happy with their pace.
Last Tango In Paris

Giblet
Giblet

Last year put some doubt in Newey's drawing board skills in a CAD/CFD world still being relevant, but it appears his design philosophies are still valid.

He's worth every penny paid. All 800,000,000 of them.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

donskar
donskar

Kimi wins on the road, but is then disqualified on the grounds of unacceptable esthetics. The stewards point to F1Technical.net's forum as incontrovertible proof.

Hamilton SEEMS to win, but due to a foul-up (or Bernie's Machiavellian machinations) FIF1 is awarded the victory. "They look so similar," says Mosley, "and who cares anyway. We're busy lining up a race in Lower Berzerkistan, so shut up before we fine you, too."
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill