New Mclaren frontving

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Look how many grooves those front and rear tyres have! I thought the maximum was 4 grooves!

They're intermediate/wet tyres, that's why. Definitely not dry weather tyres!

Yeah thanks i thought that at first just wasn't sure!

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

Reports by Autosport says that McLaren are testing rear suspension components, he had a clutch fairue too, still not reliable.

rodlamas
rodlamas

Mclaren had a gear problem, not a clutch one.

This new front wing must be a step into the right direction as De la Rosa was also running with it at Silverstone yesterday.

Just one more week and that´s Melbourne time!
"I only race to finisht first, because the second is the first looser" Ayrton Senna

Ok this is properly a stupid question. If a team gets a problem with the gearbox during training, does this then count as an engine related problem, or are they allowed to solve the problem without beeing punished.

Becker4
Becker4

looks like they went with there origianl W design http://www.f1racing.net/en/photolarge.p ... 051&catID=

They have both versions available in Melbourne. Surely before qualifying on saturday they must have decided which one to use...

NickT

Guest, I think they can fix the problem as long as it occurs before the second qualifying session. After that session the cars are locked in parc ferme until just before the race.

Don't know the exact details, maybe someone out there does and explain it better.
NickT