Internet Radio Race Feed

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
semtex
semtex

speed tv

Just back in the UK after another trip to the US (Indianapolis, got the the circuit, very cool, great atmosphere even witout racing!).

Was lucky to catch a re-run of the Malaysian GP and I must say that I was massively impressed with the commentary. Probably the only thing I missed was Brundle and his calm/witty/dry humour commentary.

It was great te hear such well informed and enthusiasit commentators (unlike that flippin' loser James Allen who manages to make even the most exciting events seem boring and is more interesed in talking rubbish than actually talking about the actual car that is on screen).

Even seemed to be less ad breaks than normal US TV (though I thing slightly more than the UK broadcast).

All in all I was impressed and I've been watching F1 for 20 years!

Glad to see the radio links from various posts, at least I can maybe get some interesting commentary from abroad then!

Cheers

West
West

Are you talking about the SPEED commentators? They're better this year when they replaced Rick DeBruhl w/ Bob Varsha.

SPEED is going to air the 1994 San Marino GP before the Bahraini GP and there's going to be some commentary on that too/ Rubens Barrichello putting in a few words (I think).
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

semtex
semtex

SPEED

Yep, was the SPEED channel (channel 47 on Comcast in Indy). As I said before, I was impressed with the entusiasum that they had for the sport.

I only saw one race but they were genuinely interested in F1 - the cars, drivers, history. Was very entertaining.

On ITV we get an hour of coverage before the race that contains 'lifestyle' pieces about the drivers - you know the kind of thing, Jenson Buttons girlfried and her music career, Oliver Panis cooking...I personally hate it.

And the commentary is weak. I spend longer looking up information post race than I used to because the commentary team (Brundle & Goodman excluded) are so lax.

Anyway, I'll still be watching the race - I'm currently at work keeping an eye on the second practice times...and posting here!

hed
hed

the online radio and video feeds don't seem to work. i followed the time on the radio to try and listen to some commentary, but the time kept changing. anyone has any idea and whether it also happens to you?

any other site to go for live radio/video feed??

seymour
seymour

I'm up early

is there going to be an audio feed again? Or should I just go back to sleep?

ah there it is. thanks so much. it really makes getting up early worth it.

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

hey somebody please post video of the start by trulli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seymour
seymour

new thread

I've started a new thread named peercasting, to discuss a possible improvement this year. I hope everyone who posted here, or who tuned into arisen's shoutcast will check it out and post their thoughts.

Scuderia_Russ

West wrote: SPEED is going to air the 1994 San Marino GP before the Bahraini GP
Why?!!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-